Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I couldn't help myself I got click baited in 'the 4 players Potter could bring with him'.

So potentially not only would the club allow GPott to leave they'd also be happy to let him take:-

Biss
Lamptey
Maupay
Trossard

with him, begging the question:-

Why not just stay at Brighton?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He's drifted out to 3rd favourite now. Must have been a lot of money on Santo.

Nuno Espirito Santo 5/6
Christophe Galtier 4/1
Graham Potter 4/1

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I was less passionate about the Albion back then as was playing football, although lawro was clearly class, perhaps he would not have such an impact on the whole team as Potter would if we lost him IMO.

Whilst losing Lawro was a huge loss, the impact of this was lessened more than I and many of us realised at the time by getting Case, who went on to do so well for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wolves have appointed Lage, keeping the Portugal connection going. This probably won’t help Nuno, wherever he ends up?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Are you trying to say that snapshots of odds are virtually meaningless, and ditto that because some bod says something on Twitter it is similarly meaningless?

The movement in odds today seems to have resulted largely from the news that Nuno has rejected Palace. Certainly the timing reflects this. I’m not saying that it’s meaningless at all. Where do you imply this from?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I think he'll stay to continue his "project". His family have ben uprooted enough in recent times - Sweden to Swansea, then to Brighton soon after that. I'm pretty sure Rachel will want to stay here for the foreseeable. Not only that, what sane person would move from Sussex? Please do not provide me with a list of sane people who HAVE moved from Sussex.........

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think he'll stay to continue his "project". His family have ben uprooted enough in recent times - Sweden to Swansea, then to Brighton soon after that. I'm pretty sure Rachel will want to stay here for the foreseeable. Not only that, what sane person would move from Sussex? Please do not provide me with a list of sane people who HAVE moved from Sussex.........

Harry & Meghan:)

D

Deleted member 2719

A footballers career is short - it makes absolute sense to take the money for them.
A manager's career can be a lot longer but more precarious.
To enable a long career, a manager needs to create a reputation that will make them appealing for a certain type of job.
Pullis and Allardyce have their relegation avoiding reputation.
Ancellotti/Mourinho have the serial winners tag.
Dyche and Hodgson do well at organising teams and getting an underdog spirit going in a club.

Potter knows his appeal comes from developing young and underrated players.
He's a moneyball Chairman's dream.
He made his name taking an unfashionable Swedish team to the Europa League.
Do that with us and his reputation will be complete.

As others have said, taking Everton to the Europa League..... well frankly they should be doing that anyway, with the money spent.
It does nothing for Potter's future employment prospects.

Spot on, I agree with all you say, and I hope Potter is not tempted by his agent, the big picture is always the way to go in management.:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A footballers career is short - it makes absolute sense to take the money for them.
A manager's career can be a lot longer but more precarious.
To enable a long career, a manager needs to create a reputation that will make them appealing for a certain type of job.
Pullis and Allardyce have their relegation avoiding reputation.
Ancellotti/Mourinho have the serial winners tag.
Dyche and Hodgson do well at organising teams and getting an underdog spirit going in a club.

Potter knows his appeal comes from developing young and underrated players.
He's a moneyball Chairman's dream.
He made his name taking an unfashionable Swedish team to the Europa League.
Do that with us and his reputation will be complete.

As others have said, taking Everton to the Europa League..... well frankly they should be doing that anyway, with the money spent.
It does nothing for Potter's future employment prospects.

This is all far too sensible. I agree totally in every way. And I think Mr Potter is too sensible to grab any opportunity that comes along. I would guess he would think the site he is currently part of is right for him.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Potter to Palace then..!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at these tweets...cry with laughter maybe...

Must be a 5yr old writing this stuff, surely?

[tweet]1402639218044768257[/tweet]

[tweet]1402638417540886536[/tweet]

[tweet]1402643241623826433[/tweet]

"Good move for both parties"!

"Palace are more stable"!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don't know whether to laugh or cry at these tweets...cry with laughter maybe...

Must be a 5yr old writing this stuff, surely?

[tweet]1402639218044768257[/tweet]

[tweet]1402638417540886536[/tweet]

[tweet]1402643241623826433[/tweet]

"Good move for both parties"!

"Palace are more stable"!

“Palace are more stable atm than Brighton”.

Excuse me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here