Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out ( if these threads piss you off, do yourself a favour and don’t open it)

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Ok, that’s fine figgis....

But what’s your reasoning? What do you not like about Potter? Because I’ve never actually seen any reasoning from you, other than just swearing at people.

Why don’t you rate Potter.

I don't have to justify my Potter out opinion and accusations of not being a Brighton supporter because of so. I first went in 76 and that does not justify anything either. My opinion is Potter out for whatever my reasons may be. I really don't have to explain.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I don't have to justify my Potter out opinion and accusations of not being a Brighton supporter because of so. I first went in 76 and that does not justify anything either. My opinion is Potter out for whatever my reasons may be. I really don't have to explain.

I also don't like Liver and Bananas I don't need to tell you why I don't like them either.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Well said my friend.

I am also concerned about GP and have questioned whether he is right for us. Based on results, he is still not delivering the goods. One win does not change the fortunes of the club no matter how good the performance.

Also, I'm 100% behind everyone who works for and on behalf of BHAFC, and we have some interesting talent in the ranks - but maybe not the Messi status that some are proclaiming. With more work, we could be a half decent outfit, but is GP the person to make that work? We'll see. Some go his decisions have been suspect and while he can't be blamed for the players missing open chances, he does coach and pick them.

We have a long way to go. In the meantime, I'll get behind them team with every game (I'm sure they can hear me cheering from my TV set).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

No you don’t have to explain, but this is a discussion mate isn’t it. Else why are you here.

You’re obviously a passionate fan, just genuinely wonder why you’re angry and hateful to GP. You must have a reason?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well said my friend.

I am also concerned about GP and have questioned whether he is right for us. Based on results, he is still not delivering the goods. One win does not change the fortunes of the club no matter how good the performance.

1 win? Wrong.

7 points from a possible 9 and 3 clean sheets isn’t enough for you?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's interesting that many of the Potter Out crew have simply not voted this time. I'm guessing most have moved to fence.

It is also interesting how one performance can change minds. Good job we are not owners of a football club. :)

I was Out before the Leeds game and I was asked what it would take for me to become Potter In. 4 points minimum from Leeds and Fulham and then keep us up this season was my reply. So I am now Potter In, and was before last night's game, which was a watershed for 2 reasons,(at least); 1. He has found his best 11 and they have delivered (if only we had scored against Fulham they would have massively delivered) and 2. The trio of Bissouma, Gross and MacAllister was so majestic that I feel we can beat anyone.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
No you don’t have to explain, but this is a discussion mate isn’t it. Else why are you here.

You’re obviously a passionate fan, just genuinely wonder why you’re angry and hateful to GP. You must have a reason?

I do but I am not going to give it to the NSC shrink or Samaritons poster. I am here to give my opinion nothing else.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was Out before the Leeds game and I was asked what it would take for me to become Potter In. 4 points minimum from Leeds and Fulham and then keep us up this season was my reply. So I am now Potter In, and was before last night's game, which was a watershed for 2 reasons,(at least); 1. He has found his best 11 and they have delivered (if only we had scored against Fulham they would have massively delivered) and 2. The trio of Bissouma, Gross and MacAllister was so majestic that I feel we can beat anyone.

Like you, I really want Potter to succeed and have said so every time I voted out. Despite the goading of the somewhat sycophantic Potter In, I just keep pointing to errors that have been made by our coach and certain aspects of our game that concern me and which are not being fixed either via coaching, recruitment for tactics. I'm very much looking forward to being proved wrong, but I'm sorry if it doesn't suit some poster's narrative (not you) if I am still not jumping up and down with joy. As someone said yesterday, our last 3 home wins were in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Anyhow, UTA!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think this board has gone slightly Potter loopy overnight. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

I’m not talking about that.

You said 1 win is not enough to convince you. I’m merely correcting you that we have 7 points from a possible 9 and 3 clean sheets in the PL. The only team to score against us in the last 4 PL games is 1 from Man City.

I don’t see what more Potter can do. It seems that you’re trying to save face.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think this board has gone slightly Potter loopy overnight. I'm sure you'll agree with that.

The vast majority have been praising GP for ages and hundreds voted for him in every poll. Rational folk who judged that we simply needed to start tucking away just some of the huge number of chances being created by our quality football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not surprising that one or two games are able to change a lot of minds. Lose against Pool & Burnley and results will be back to what they were (or worse) after the Fulham game. Most people cant separate thoughts and emotions and are unable to understand that they have selective memories and unreal expectations. Nothing unique here, same everywhere. Every time there is a murder you see thousands of people talk about how dangerous and violent our society has become despite most evidence saying that society has never been more safe and less violent. Its just how most humans function.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not surprising that one or two games are able to change a lot of minds. Lose against Pool & Burnley and results will be back to what they were (or worse) after the Fulham game. Most people cant separate thoughts and emotions and are unable to understand that they have selective memories and unreal expectations. Nothing unique here, same everywhere. Every time there is a murder you see thousands of people talk about how dangerous and violent our society has become despite most evidence saying that society has never been more safe and less violent. Its just how most humans function.

Exactly.

When I moved to Vancouver the locals were forever telling me how dangerous the city was. Dangerous? A city of 1.5 million population, 50 murders a year, almost all of them one rubbie (alcoholic, middle aged man with mental health problems, wild hair and a lumberjack shirt) killing his room mate in a flop house on East Hastings in a fight over the last drops in a bottle, and waking up the next morning with no memory of the night before. Humans are crap at risk assessment. I mean, look at you in your tin foil hat to protect your brain from 5G, while you puff on another ciggy/joint ???

Oh, and we are going down. Porter OUT!!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The vast majority have been praising GP for ages and hundreds voted for him in every poll. Rational folk who judged that we simply needed to start tucking away just some of the huge number of chances being created by our quality football.

Which we are still not yet doing. As someone else pointed out, we thrashed Leeds and Tottenham 1-0. A goal line clearance from Dunk and fingertip Sanchez save and the games could have gone another way (and I know that's true for all games.)

There's no 'saving face' from me, as some would like to put it. I am merely pointing out that the same frailties still exist and as I've consistently said in every Potter Out vote, I'm sadly casting my vote based on results and desperately want him to succeed. Posters, like [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION], would rather we didn't debate this at all and instead just praised the manager regardless.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coach, players and tactics unchanged from the rest of the season so I cannot understand why so many people have changed their views on GP. A statistical analysis suggests results in a low scoring sport such as football for an individual match are 80% due to recruitment (which in football is closely linked to the playing budget), 15% due to luck on the day (ball hitting post, scoring a worldly, keeper saving with his arse etc) and 5% (at most) due to the coaching.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which we are still not yet doing. As someone else pointed out, we thrashed Leeds and Tottenham 1-0. A goal line clearance from Dunk and fingertip Sanchez save and the games could have gone another way (and I know that's true for all games.)

There's no 'saving face' from me, as some would like to put it. I am merely pointing out that the same frailties still exist and as I've consistently said in every Potter Out vote, I'm sadly casting my vote based on results and desperately want him to succeed. Posters, like [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION], would rather we didn't debate this at all and instead just praised the manager regardless.

Looking at your avatar and comments I know what your answer will be if I ask you “What do you think of it so far?” :wink:

https://youtu.be/R3ot1HjCRdg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Coach, players and tactics unchanged from the rest of the season so I cannot understand why so many people have changed their views on GP.

Because we won a home match is my guess :)
I didn’t need a spreadsheet and a some mathematical figures to find my answer :moo:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
You were OUT because we didn't beat Fulham?

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I meant that as I have been Potter out for a while (since Sheffield if I remember correctly), beating Leeds and Fulham were my prerequisites in the short term to get me back on the fence. As that didn't happen, my position hasn't changed.

Can't believe that anyone can't see what is happening to the team before their eyes. The performances have always been good to very good even when we've drawn or lost. Surely people must have been able to see that?

A bit like the half-empty/half-full analogy, you can see it the other way. I largely saw the team how you do after the United, Everton and Palace games in September/October, thinking "we're almost there, it's going to click any day now". However it got to January and I was still waiting for it to click, leaving me wondering whether it ever will as we were looking less and less likely to be able to win a game of football.

Yet like I said, hopefully there are signs that we're turning a corner and February will be the best litmus test to see if we have. Hoping to get out of the Potter out camp as soon as possible! :albion2:

p.s. Icy I love the title of this thread :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here