Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out ( if these threads piss you off, do yourself a favour and don’t open it)

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As Glenn Murray said in commentary, That's the first time Jose Mourinho has lost away in all 3 initial games against the same opposition in his entire career.

Potter has now beaten him at the Amex twice when he was at Man Utd and last night at Spurs.

That's no fluke.

One small revision to that, CH was our manager in that first Amex win over Manure.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
One small revision to that, CH was our manager in that first Amex win over Manure.

CH was manager for both of the Man Utd wins. This was the first time Potter has faced Jose at the Amex as Poch was still in charge at Spurs for the 3-0 win last season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

boik

I’ll stick my neck out and explain myself!

It took me a while to come off the fence over Christmas and think that Potter should go when a suitable replacement comes along. I said a couple of games ago that to get me back on that fence in the short term would be 6 points against Leeds and Fulham, and in the long term a points tally that at least rivals last year’s.

We didn’t beat Fulham, and thus swinging to IN solely based off of tonight would be as knee-jerk as those who’d swing out if we get beaten 4-0 by Liverpool this week. I also can’t remember feeling as irritable as an Albion fan as I did waking up on Thursday morning. In short, beating Tottenham won’t live long in the memory if we continue the trend of not being able to beat the teams around us (especially at home) and end up with our lowest PL points record.

However, that aside, I’m absolutely delighted for GP and the players with tonight’s win and there’s plenty of reasons to think we could be turning a corner, including the return of our defensive grit, the rise of Ali Mac and simply the fact that Leeds and tonight shows me that we can win a game of football! Long may this continue into February and I can hop back on the fence, shorty followed by jumping back IN with the Potter lovers! :albion2:

You were OUT because we didn't beat Fulham?

Can't believe that anyone can't see what is happening to the team before their eyes. The performances have always been good to very good even when we've drawn or lost. Surely people must have been able to see that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon 12th place ought to be the target from this position and it will be interesting to see how far up we do finish. One thing is for sure, we're not going down and I can't see us finishing in the bottom 5 anymore.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No need. Here is a link for you.

“He doesn’t know his best 11”

“Has he lost the dressing room?”

“Players are unhappy with the treatment of Ryan”

“Potter has sapped all the players’ confidence”

“It’s Potter’s fault the players are missing chances”

Potter Out Campaign in full flow:

https://youtu.be/Hf4mMYKyprg

What a load of sensationalist, reactive bollocks.

I would be interested to know their thoughts now, but I couldn't bear sitting through that level of inane drivel again.

Well done GP and the team. Outstanding performance and well worthy of the three points. I've always been Potter in and probably always will be.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Of course the fickle pendulum has reversed now that Graham Potter's beautiful art project has added a goal. Perhaps we're moving forward from the Velvet Underground to 'Transformer' era Lou Reed now. Ideal, of course, for the less experimentally minded who just want a Perfect Day. But in reality exactly the same as when the 'outers' were, erm, out in force, the simple difference being the width of a post and the whim of a referee. I just enjoy it! :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You were OUT because we didn't beat Fulham?

Can't believe that anyone can't see what is happening to the team before their eyes. The performances have always been good to very good even when we've drawn or lost. Surely people must have been able to see that?

Astonishing isn’t it?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No need. Here is a link for you.

“He doesn’t know his best 11”

“Has he lost the dressing room?”

“Players are unhappy with the treatment of Ryan”

“Potter has sapped all the players’ confidence”

“It’s Potter’s fault the players are missing chances”

Potter Out Campaign in full flow:

https://youtu.be/Hf4mMYKyprg

Plus
“Potter is out of his depth”
“Potter can’t set up a team to defend” (3 clean sheets in a row)
“Potter shouldn’t have dropped Ryan”
“We are going down with Potter in charge” (technically may still be true, but unlikely)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Of course the fickle pendulum has reversed now that Graham Potter's beautiful art project has added a goal. Perhaps we're moving forward from the Velvet Underground to 'Transformer' era Lou Reed now. Ideal, of course, for the less experimentally minded who just want a Perfect Day. But in reality exactly the same as when the 'outers' were, erm, out in force, the simple difference being the width of a post and the whim of a referee. I just enjoy it! :)

It's the beginning of a new age.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

More All Tomorrows Parties for me

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
~I have never done the 'thumb' thing on here before, believe it or not, and when I pressed it it went red, so I hope you haven't had a thumbs down for the Velvets responses, wasn't my intention if so :)

I got your first ever thumbs up? That's going in my autobiography.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's interesting that many of the Potter Out crew have simply not voted this time. I'm guessing most have moved to fence.

It is also interesting how one performance can change minds. Good job we are not owners of a football club. :)

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Christ, we are a fickle lot. One 1-0 win and suddenly 95% love GP.

It was a great performance, no question. Which we should have won, like last season, by 3-0. And it was only Tottenham. My Spurs supporting mate was expecting them to lose, they're that bad at the moment.

I want a fence option.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At the time of writing 16 people want GP sacked.

They must either be ridiculously intransigent, or stark raving mad ... assuming they support Brighton at all

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lots of posters who were previously anti potter posting "See I told you so" comments citing a settled line up (doesn't know his best 11) as a key factor
Do people really think the settled line up is key?

I mean the first win wasn't from a settled line up was it?
And the next game was considered a disappointing Draw until it became 1 of 7 pts in 3 games.
Webster has been moved from Right CB to Left in that time too.

I think the Defence is key, and picks itself at themoment , but other than that, I'm happy with Potter to carry on tinkering as he sees fit.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
At the time of writing 16 people want GP sacked.

They must either be ridiculously intransigent, or stark raving mad ... assuming they support Brighton at all

So I want Potter out so you assume I don't Support Brighton. Do **** off mug.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So I want Potter out so you assume I don't Support Brighton. Do **** off mug.

Ok, that’s fine figgis....

But what’s your reasoning? What do you not like about Potter? Because I’ve never actually seen any reasoning from you, other than just swearing at people.

Why don’t you rate Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here