Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential FA Charge for recent pitch invasions

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I think we've had our fun on the pitch for this season.

Nothing wrong with doing it for getting promoted and again for the title, but probably no need for anymore now, especially at home. Never know what might happen at notts county but i reckon we'll get away with what we've done so far.

Most fans invade the pitch after promotion and/or champions!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think the chances of there NOT being an invasion next Saturday are impossible, it's the last ever game for us at Withdean and now doubt many will want to make their goodbyes.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I agree with Giraffe. Why not have an invitation on to the pitch, to reflect on what has been some of the best and worst years in our history?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with Giraffe. Why not have an invitation on to the pitch, to reflect on what has been some of the best and worst years in our history?

I don't think Withdean has provided anywhere near our worst years of history!

I agree though - an invite on the pitch would be ok but there's no point in more invasions - we wanna see the trophy!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think the chances of there NOT being an invasion next Saturday are impossible, it's the last ever game for us at Withdean and now doubt many will want to make their goodbyes.

Well its not impossible just expensive, employ loads of stewards to form a line, fine or ban anyone who goes on the pitch or pay the fine take the punishment, reduced away fans or game with reduced/No fans/behind closed doors.

The majority of fans stay in the stands so its a pain if this affects our ability to buy players (fine) or see games. Its a shame Gus Poyet has had to come out and ask the fans, I imagine they are hoping this will save them the money of not having to pay more stewards/police if people listen to him.

Attachments

• stewards.jpg
    stewards.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 294

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Instead of a pitch invasion Albion fans should mass in front of the away end and taunt them a la Braveheart :lol:

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
I'm sure I'll get shot down for saying this however the pitch invasion when we won promotion was planned, people talked of it on here all week before it happened. That's not over excitement, that's choice. Choosing in this case to break the law, damage the pitch and ignore pleas from the club not to. Everyone else does it? Is that a good reason or do we all aim to match the lowest level of behaviour. Doing it again v hudds or scc would be ridiculous, please don't do it!

Have we EVER had a trophy presentation disrupted by a pitch invasion?

And what do you mean by "many will want to make their goodbyes"? The place isn't closing. It will still be used by the Albion. It will still be used by the athletics clubs.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Please stay off the pitch. Can perhaps understand the children doing it but to see 30s/40 somethings running on the pitch is kind of over the top.
We`ve had two already so no call for one tomorrow and if your thinking of running on the pitch before the trophy presentation on the huddersfield game please dont.

Rant over.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010

What a hypocrite this guy is. One minute he is scraeming like an old lady "get off the pitch, get off the pitch" the next minute he is strolling around the pitch giving it large. twat

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What a hypocrite this guy is. One minute he is scraeming like an old lady "get off the pitch, get off the pitch" the next minute he is strolling around the pitch giving it large. twat

In fairness to him, it was four days later rather than the next minute. Still very hypocritical though, I agree.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw this "multiple pitch invasions" scenario coming a mile off. I was of the opinion we should probably keep our powder dry till the final game at Withdean, but it was never going to happen I suppose.

steve-c

we should respect Gus's wishes, and stay off the pitch , the man deserves some respect, please as a show of respect stay off the pitch tomorrow, and show the world we are worthy of our place in the championship...............................seagulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssss

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He is in no way preventing the players from coming back out for a lap of honour.

Labelling him a twat is ridiculously over the top.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wasn't at the Daggers pitch invasion, but was at Walsall - it seemed to me a very friendly pitch invasions, and when the announcer said, 'The players will come out to celebrate if you all go back to the stands' everybody trotted back to their places without a murmur - absolutely no harm done and no neeed for action.
To invade against SCC would be unforgiveable, though - it is a local derby, with a bit of an edge to it this year, and it might not be just OUR morons that run on to the pitch; also, there's nothing riding on this match, football wise, well, not for us anyway. Expect punishment will be dished out to the club if there is one, so let's hope the thicker members of the crowd can get Gus' message into their small collection of brain cells.
DON'T DO IT!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The two previous pitch invasions were right. Going on tomorrow would be wrong, and I don't think anyone will. But at eh Huddersfield game, could they get away with announcing "Please stay off the pitch until Gus and the team have done their lap of honour"? Surely people would then think 'OK, let them do their lap of honour, then once they go in we'll all have a party on the pitch to say goodbye'. Or could we not get away with this with the FA?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
peterrhodes and GT49er

Absolutely right.

We have a magnificent set of supporters on a week to week basis, BUT it must be understood that those in power take a dim view of pitch invasions and as such they can be vindictive if provoked.

Does it take fines on the club OR, heaven help us a points deduction, could that even affect our championship status or promotion ?

The guys who decide to run on to the pitch in their adolescent frame of mind ought to take a reality check.

Best

Al

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here