Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential FA Charge for recent pitch invasions

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Just a bit of scaremongering. There is no need for a pitch invasion tomorrow though.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Just a bit of scaremongering. There is no need for a pitch invasion tomorrow though.

Don't worry about the scaremongering, just respect Gus Poyet's wishes:-

"I ask that you do not ignore it this time. I ask that you stay off the pitch out of respect for the players, my staff and me.

"I am not a fan of pitch invasions, and I hope that we can all celebrate together, today and against Huddersfield next week for our last game here. Please do not jeopardise the presentation of the trophy, which will be made after the match next week."

Poyet also reminded fans not to remove souvenirs from the stadium after the Huddersfield game, as he wants Albion to be able to use the stadium for reserve and youth team matches next season - without the club having to cover the cost of repairs to the stadium or pitch.

"We want to use Withdean for our reserve and youth matches next season, so please do not try to remove souvenirs from the stadium. We've achieved so much this season, so let's not spoil it with a negative end."

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Gus loves the players celebrating and his efforts at Walsall were fantsatic, I reckon he would love to do at the Huddersfield game but the pitch invasions prevent this.

I think the club could do more, only needs a line of stewards and stop people massing on the running track.

Sep 1, 2010
We have done our pitch celebration thing now.....I think we need just watch our step a little. we can dance around like loonies during the trophy parade

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They may reduce our away presence at games next season like they did for FC Uniteds trip to us to punsih their fans for running on the pitch when they beat Rochdale.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully people will actually listen to him this time, I doubt they will though

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone think the FA is being heavy-handed here? There was a time when teams got promotion when a pitch invasion was almost mandatory and no-one batted an eye-lid.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the other two were justified for what was achieved in the games - even more so to hear paul samrah doing his nut and a load of whiny voices screaming "get off the pitch, you've ruined it"

any pitch invasions from now onwards are just pointless - tomorrow in particular, and i for one will be back to leaving five minutes before the end in order to get a bus back into town :drink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here