Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posties leave it out...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BT closed the final salary scheme to new entrants in 2001 and newstarts went into a defined benefits scheme. In April , BT revamped the pension scheme , raising the retirement age from 60 to 65 in addition to this ALL current staff were moved over to a defined benefits scheme (pensionable benefits accrued from the final salary scheme stopped on 31st March and are set aside until retirement age). Luckily for me I'm classed as a "deferred" pensioner in section B of the old scheme and will get my lump sum and pension when I reach 60.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We had a 'new' scheme put in place, closing the our pension to new staff, a while ago.

Since then the deficit has gone from £8bn to £10bn, which doesn't inspire confidence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We had a 'new' scheme put in place, closing the our pension to new staff, a while ago.

Since then the deficit has gone from £8bn to £10bn, which doesn't inspire confidence.

One possible scenario is that RM is wholly privatised so that the deficit will be wiped out but at the same time transferring all future beneficiaries into the Government pension protection fund (PPF).

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The delivery postmen will have to face the frustration of their customers due to the actions of their union,mainly supported by sorting staff.It is obvious that as the workload diminishes staffing levels will be reduced which has been a fact of life for other industries for years.
I heard a CWU official say that they co-operate with modernisation but 25 years ago they were taking action to stop the introduction of machines to sort mail and there are still offices without these machines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here