Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posties leave it out...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on posties you had i good for so many years as soon as life gets a little bit tough you start striking,poor show really and you will only lose more faith with the public and businesses and drive more people to email instead therefore reducing your turnover and putting even more pressure on your jobs.

Whats going on?

Does anyone support the postie this time around?

:nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A pay freeze and longer hours does seem a good reason to get upset.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
yes i do ,i left the post office 10 years ago because conditions we getting so poor,they were cutting back everything that moved ,was a fantastic place to work. job and finish and the job got done and the company made millions and your mail was on your doormat by 9am. it seems a new breed of fresh out of uni managers decided to use the postal service as a experiment to see how much could be cut before it bleeds itself to death,it was a awful place to work when this started so christ knows what its like now,so yes i do support thier strike if it takes place.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

My mate works 6 30 till one and earns 24 grand a year as a postman, with a little overtime thats a pretty good wage for unskilled work a lot of people work much longer hours for much less.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So did the miners come to think of it, as soon as the goin got tough they all start striking. :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pay freeze when we are turning in a profit, is tough to take.
But as many have had pay cuts it's difficult to complain.

We aren't being asked to do longer hours, just to work for most of the hours we are paid for.
With 'job and finish' we'd be paid for 40 hours, but only have to work for maybe less than 30.
Now RM want us to work back in the office, after delivery, to make up to about 40 hours.
Although realistically we only work 35-38 of them.

There's loads of other stuff going on, some modernising some sh*te, it's a tough call this time. As I've said before, this is more like a blinking competition between management and the union, gambling with our jobs.

Frankly I don't trust either, but I love being a postie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mate works 6 30 till one and earns 24 grand a year as a postman, with a little overtime thats a pretty good wage for unskilled work a lot of people work much longer hours for much less.
For which we have the union to thank.
It's a great wage and very comfortable, for what we do.
That and poor office management has lead to too many lifers having it to easy for to long.
Now, rightly or wrongly the going is getting tough (blame the EU) the real world and postieland have drifted so far apart, many posties couldn't function anywhere else.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
For which we have the union to thank.
That and poor office management has lead to too many lifers having it to easy for to long.
Now, rightly or wrongly the going is getting tough (blame the EU) the real world and postieland have drifted so far apart, many posties couldn't function anywhere else.

sounds like the unions want the cream but the management only want them to have elmlea.

D

Deleted member 2719

But isn't this most of Britain after labours stint.

They should be lucky to have a job IMO.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
This strike is really about the modern day governments destroying the Postal service as they did the Railways, the posties have the public best interests at heart so they are trying to get their message across.I don't think getting up at 4 in the morning and getting soaked for £200 pound a week is a great wage, I gave it up because it's a very tough job and management treat you like absolute shit.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
We aren't being asked to do longer hours, just to work for most of the hours we are paid for.
With 'job and finish' we'd be paid for 40 hours, but only have to work for maybe less than 30.
Now RM want us to work back in the office, after delivery, to make up to about 40 hours.

so you've had it easy getting paid to sit on your arse at home for a few hours, so now striking because you have to work these hours instead? is that the case?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pay freeze when we are turning in a profit, is tough to take.
But as many have had pay cuts it's difficult to complain.

There's loads of other stuff going on, some modernising some sh*te, it's a tough call this time. As I've said before, this is more like a blinking competition between management and the union, gambling with our jobs.

Frankly I don't trust either, but I love being a postie.

That is the first straight forward, honest assessment I've seen around the issue. It's very strange the union complains about "modernisation" but want give us the detail and nor will the management - six of one and half a dozen of the other I think. The union appear to be hoodwinking the posties into striking. If what you say is true then I have no sympathy - just get back to work and welcome to the world most of us to work in.

One word about pay freezes when profits are being made - with the pension blackhole I would suggest pay freezes are necessary in an attempt to start to fill said hole.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair, I'd be annoyed too if I had to actually work all day.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm with the posties... they have been soundly and regularly shat on over the last few years. Crozier gets about £2million a year but I don't see him getting a wage cut or losing his pension rights.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
so you've had it easy getting paid to sit on your arse at home for a few hours, so now striking because you have to work these hours instead? is that the case?
Yes, making it all the more difficult to justify striking over this issue.
As said there is loads of other stuff, some of which is crap, but enough to my job on the line for, no probably not.
But if management/government (even the EU) get their way I might not have a job to protect.
It's just plain cack

That is the first straight forward, honest assessment I've seen around the issue. It's very strange the union complains about "modernisation" but want give us the detail and nor will the management - six of one and half a dozen of the other I think. The union appear to be hoodwinking the posties into striking. If what you say is true then I have no sympathy - just get back to work and welcome to the world most of us to work in.

One word about pay freezes when profits are being made - with the pension blackhole I would suggest pay freezes are necessary in an attempt to start to fill said hole.
The pension stuff is way out of my league.
The figures involved are crazy and won't be lessened by any amount filling.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
QUOTE]
If you think it's a "great " wage your very easily pleased & if what you do is "very comfortable" your obviously in need of more content in your duty. Personally I'm lucky to make 5 minutes on my walk but am still expected to absorb another 70 calls into my duty time in order for RM to collapse yet another duty, even though everyone on a 40 hour contract that leaves is replaced by one on 25 & we're expected to absorb the remaining 15 hours at no cost to them( 6 dutys out of 30 in the last year.)

QUOTE=Stat Brother;3155660]
lifers having it to easy for to long.
QUOTE]
seems like a bit of jealousy, can we take that you haven't got much service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here