Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post your most controversial opinion***

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
A 574 page long thread about Leeds fans on a Brighton and Hove Albion forum is a teeny bit weird and embarrassing, and probably says a bit more about a section of our fans than theirs.

There, I've said it. I suspect I'm now going to be in a whole lot of trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A 574 page long thread about Leeds fans on a Brighton and Hove Albion forum is a teeny bit weird and embarrassing, and probably says a bit more about a section of our fans than theirs.

There, I've said it. I suspect I'm now going to be in a whole lot of trouble.

Again "controversial" - the aim of the thread is "controversial" opinions.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
From what I've seen of it, Hull is a reasonable city. It's centre seemed nice, decent architecture and some nice pubs. Certainly not the worst place in the UK that it seems to get listed as.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Summer can do one!

June, July and August are my least favourite months of the year.

Unless it rains throughout :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sprouts ..... best veg!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hot weather is appalling

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
People that use "you're" incorrectly should be made to attend adult education classes until they get it right.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Employment does not bring 'meaning' and 'purpose' to life.

It's wage slavery bollox that's stops the majority enjoying life to its fullest.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
There hasn't been an original police drama or film since about 1970 - Why do they all need to have issues, why can't any of them be well rounded members of society who just want to do their job and arrest people?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
5 years ago nobody had heard of 'mental health'. Now every herbert having a shit day is apparently having their 'mental health' affected.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I mean Southampton isn’t great (I should know) …. But to say it’s the worst place you’ve been to when you live so close to Rotherham and Barnsley is comical.

I've been to all three.

I stand by that opinion. Southampton would be greatly improved by being sunk into the sea.

Edit: actually I don't stand by that opinion, I could have sworn I wrote it was the 2nd worst place I've ever been to. I don't view this as some sort of defining character trait though, so I'm not really that bothered.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I've been to all three.

I stand by that opinion. Southampton would be greatly improved by being sunk into the sea.

Edit: actually I don't stand by that opinion, I could have sworn I wrote it was the 2nd worst place I've ever been to. I don't view this as some sort of defining character trait though, so I'm not really that bothered.

So have I … and all I can say is you’ve obviously been to a very small part of Southampton … because although it’s not great it’s by far not the worst place. Obviously not been to any of the Medway towns either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If robots are doing so many jobs for us. Why am I working 55 hours a week?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on what exactly Stat?! Having spent virtually all of my 39 years in both city's and sat in Southampton as we speak, I can assure you are categorically, completely wrong. My family and friends from Southampton would also say the same!

It's not controversial, just very, very wrong!!

Because Southampton is/has:-

Clean.
Nice layout for the shops.
Good cinema.
Pedestrianised.
Public transport.
An (albeit shite) swimming pool!
Comparatively quiet.

There are a fair few others but they are anti Brighton, but this is why I think Southampton is better.

So on that I say good day sir.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Iggy Pop has done **** all since Lust for Life

You need to check out his Underworld collaborations, they have a certain I don’t know what…

Back on topic and in vogue with the current lovely weather:

White wine spritzers are excellent drinks and as a six foot four, seventeen stone middle class white man I’ll fight anyone that says otherwise!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think the children are the future (figuratively speaking, obviously they are going to literally be the future). Most of them are moronic douche-bags or super-woke and super sensitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here