Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post your most controversial opinion***

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Hieroglif_z_Abydos.jpg

The 3,000-year-old hieroglyphs found in Seti I's temple in Abydos, Egypt, are said to depict nothing less than a helicopter, plane and futuristic aircraft among the usual insects, symbols and snakes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Based on some of the contributions to this thread, the following is controversial.

Summer is brilliant, by far the best time of the year, and hot weather is wonderful.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am utterly fed up with listening to holidaymakers in Portugal whining on about how hard done by they are that the country has been placed on the Amber list. It's not as if they didn't know that this might happen. It's not the government's fault, it's theirs for going there in the first place.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Chilli Pickle is the worst B&H restuarant ever .... closely followed by 64 Degrees.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think my most controversial opinion is that I think that people currently incarcerated should be allowed to vote in Elections.

Conditions in prisons are affected by Government Decisions. On top of this, many will be released into society in the future and when they are, they are Governed by a Government that they had no say in choosing. Many incarcerations are short term incarcerations of less than 90 days so why shouldn't they have a say on how they are governed on release.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mobile phones are a pain in the arse the worst invention ever.

Whilst hugely convenient they have instilled a false safety, and also syunted childrens growth to independance, have also massively turned mothers into paranoid androids!!!

No phones txt or anything required 20+ years ago, you just went to the pub because you knew everyone would be there!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I am utterly fed up with listening to holidaymakers in Portugal whining on about how hard done by they are that the country has been placed on the Amber list. It's not as if they didn't know that this might happen. It's not the government's fault, it's theirs for going there in the first place.

The issue that they have is that Portugal was placed on the green list with wonderful words from Government about how they were opening up Europe and helping the airlines and holiday companies, only to screw them all over once the Champions League Final was done and dusted by moving it to amber at 4 days notice. Wonderful Ryanair were charging 285 quid for a flight from Faro to Bournemouth yesterday to shaft the poor people who had to cut short their holidays to avoid quarantine. The same flight can be had for 17 quid tomorrow! Easyjet were charging 227 for Faro to Gatwick yesterday and 53 for tomorrow.
It is entirely the Government's fault and the covid figures they used to justify the decision bear no resemblance to the figures published by the Portuguese Government. The Algarve is pretty near to covid-free.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here