Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible Summer Transfer Targets

Tiger Barb

Jan 31, 2009
Finland (where else?)
Yes, I read that. And I'm in favour, Dean Brill is a quality young keeper. :clap2:

Does noone remember Hargreaves signing for us and then leaving for Hibernian (I think) for £100,000 before playing a game for us? I grant you it was a while ago, but I expected *someone* to comment after I posed the question top of this page.

I thought that was Paul Holsgrove ... I think he came from Stoke ??

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
1. He doesn't play for Reading as he was released, actually.
2. He is utter gash.

Well that is not true at all. He captained a side to 8th in the prem (or was it 9th) but just has been plagued with injuries for the last couple of seasons..

Injury prone yes, gash no.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Well that is not true at all. He captained a side to 8th in the prem (or was it 9th) but just has been plagued with injuries for the last couple of seasons..

Injury prone yes, gash no.

Well Said mate, No way we will get him though a championship club will get him.

brightonmad999

Jan 31, 2008
shoreham
were not going to get any of them because we will have to wait and see who we get and not say anyone who we think were get because were be left with and whats left the only one who i think were get is dicker but u never know

Last edited:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
were not going to any of them we will hav to wait and see who we get and not say anyone who we think were get because were be left with and whats left the only one who i think were get is dicker but u never know

Try and say what you just said in one breath its like a bloody tongue twister.
I Don't agree though, I Genuinely believe we will improve the squad immensely over the summer
I Would love to sign Neil Kilkenny or Bradley johnson though who aparantely the leeds fans arent to fond of, him and dicker in a diamond would very good

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I Don't agree though, I Genuinely believe we will improve the squad immensely over the summer
I Would love to sign Bradley Johnson though who aparantely the leeds fans arent to fond of, him and dicker in a diamond would very good

I don't see why we couldn't get players like Johnsons if we have the funds and such.

Oh and Murty, he is proper balls. Used to watch Reading occasionally before they got into the Prem and he's slow, has poor distribution and is very rarely fit. Also he's about 30 odd now? We could easily get him if we wanted him, but i can't see why Slade would unless it was for cover.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I don't see why we couldn't get players like Johnsons if we have the funds and such.

Oh and Murty, he is proper balls. Used to watch Reading occasionally before they got into the Prem and he's slow, has poor distribution and is very rarely fit. Also he's about 30 odd now? We could easily get him if we wanted him, but i can't see why Slade would unless it was for cover.

Not sure why were talking about him anyway, why would we need a RB, I Mean he isn't going to dislodge Whing and he wont play second fiddle I doubt.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not sure why were talking about him anyway, why would we need a RB, I Mean he isn't going to dislodge Whing and he wont play second fiddle I doubt.

Exactly. He'll be off to one of the clubs Reading get all their players from and sell or their players to- Brentford, Swindon or Wycombe.
Besides, i'd rather have Whing at RB over Murty any day

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Try and say what you just said in one breath its like a bloody tongue twister.
I Would love to sign Neil Kilkenny or Bradley johnson though who aparantely the leeds fans arent to fond of, him and dicker in a diamond would very good

Kilkenny or Johnson would be class, wouldnt suprise me if they let one of the two go. Someone else said mark bunn from blackburn who i suggested on another thread, signed from northampton and hasnt had a look in up there.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Exactly. He'll be off to one of the clubs Reading get all their players from and sell or their players to- Brentford, Swindon or Wycombe.
Besides, i'd rather have Whing at RB over Murty any day

I'd have Whing over anyone, Anyday.
I Love Andy whing :bowdown::bowdown:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would have Andrew Whing over Murty, but if we could get a better quality right back, then my love for the man wouldn't make me biased towards him. I think he's good, but I also think there is better in league 1.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
im only saying

You might only be saying, but every time there is a transfer target thread you seem to "only say" that you don't want to speculate and will wait until we sign someone. That is fair enough but why bother saying it? For me, the Albion aren't playing anymore so speculating on who we might get is a bit of fun. Yes, most of the players mentioned on here won't come but who does it harm?

I think the midfield is key for summer signings. Blizzard at Stockport was mentioned in the Argus along with Dicker and that would be a great partnership. Bradley Johnson would be good but Leeds not going up might well mean they'll keep him. Maybe someone like Torres at Peterborough who has been transfer listed although he didn't have a great season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here