Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible signings for this summer?

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
think he is abroad somewhere returns sometimes can go very wrong. i think he maybe one. i would rather have mcnamee .one thing for certain we need to strengthen and some of the names that are being shouted about on nsc wilkins should have a look at hope he has some plans :albion2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've heard that it's already a done deal. Certainly the Luton fans I was talking to up there were saying that he's not playing because he's already signed for us.
He's back in their team now though. And came on against us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner we spend the money on somebody younger who can provide the same and still be with us when we get to Falmer like Gillespie of Cheltenham.

Luton are also releasing Don Hutchinson who is more the type of player we need a central midfield ball winner but how old is he.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Currie isn't that old, he will be 34 next season, and forster i believe is 35 now. If he costs next to nothing to sign then he will be a good signing, if he costs over a 100k then waste of money imo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Currie isn't that old, he will be 34 next season, and forster i believe is 35 now. If he costs next to nothing to sign then he will be a good signing, if he costs over a 100k then waste of money imo.

I fail to see what all the clamour is for Currie. I do not believe that he is what we really need, an improvement on what we have Yes but not an essential. As i have already said I would prefer a young speedy winger who can score goals but who will also be with us as we move into Falmer. A younger Glen Little would do ideally.

Also a ball winning midfielder. Currie is neither of those.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
jake robinson is a potential right winger who is speedy and can score goals. I think Currie would be a good addition as he has vast experience which can only help players like Cox, he can take good set pieces, and he can cross very well especially as we have a player like Murray who is great in the air. As i said he would be a good signing if he didnt cost a great deal.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
jimmy walker - that was a good shout whoever said that!

T'was I. I have had the pleasure of seeing him 5 or 6 times (Walsall supporting ex-housemate) and each time he was classy, assured and kept Walsall in the game.

He would clearly have been a decent premiership stopper if he had been a couple of inches taller. Having said that, I haven't seen anything of him since he broke his leg and has been rotting away at Upton Park.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I fail to see what all the clamour is for Currie.

Quite. Surely there's somebody else out there who can cross a ball properly. Might even get somebody who's the right side of thirty and who maybe even has a modicum of pace. In short, any averagely fit and competent professional footballer who can cross a ball.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
For whoever mentioned Eugenn Bopp, this is from BBC Sport:

Crewe first-team coach Steve Holland has revealed that midfielder Eugen Bopp is free to leave the Alexandra Stadium.

Bopp, 24, joined Alex on a free transfer last summer but has only started five games this season.

Holland told BBC Radio Stoke: "We have allowed Boppy to go on a couple of trials, one in Scotland and one in the Ukraine, where he originates from.

"We'll sit down with Eugen in the next couple of weeks and decide the best way to go forward."

The former Bayern Munich youngster, who has played for Nottingham Forest and Rotherham, has scored just one goal this season in 11 appearances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here