Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible signings for this summer?

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
chris shuker from tranmere?

He always plays well against us, and not a bad right winger.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Right you said 4 so I'll try and narrow it down.

1. Matt Richards. Should be our number one target, been class for us, says he likes it here, we could probably afford him.

2. Dave Mulligan. Defender. New Zealander man mountain looked great against us for Port Vale. They got him on a free in January and after relegation might be willing to part with him on the cheap.

3. Dean Bowditch. Granted, he was awful in the more recent loan spell with us but if we get him fit and give him a run of games he could be the winger we've been crying out for. Unsure of whether he's in Magilton's plans though.

4. Sam Parkin. Agree a striker probably shouldn't be and I'm guessing won't be a priority but I've always been a fan of Parkin and with Luton's financial situation and relegation he's a realistic target. More so than Gillespie.

Jimmy Walker is another good shout, great keeper who has disappeared at West Ham. Maybe we'd face competition from Championship clubs though!?

Don't know if Darren Anderton would be an option but whenever I've seen him it's clear he's still got the ability - just a question of wages/availability/fitness.

Sorry I know that's 6!! Ah well.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
McNamee from watford, hes on loan at someone who we played a few weeks ago looked very good.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
why should a striker not be one of the priorties?

we need someone to put pressure on forster and murray

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
1)Richards is an absolute priority.

2)Andrew Crofts - Gillingham. Thought he looked a quality player in a poor side. A midfielder that scores a few goals is just what we need.

3)Gillespie - Cheltenham. Another player that has done well in a poor team. Has looked good each time we've played against him.

4)Whitaker - Port Vale. Absolutely ran the show against us. Might fancy staying in Div 1.

What makes anyone think that Sullivan wants to leave Donny? And from what I've heard quite a few Donny fans think he is an arrogant knob that is prone to the odd gaff. I can't believe people on here are still talking about Currie (about 46 years old) and Darren 'sicknote' Anderton (even older). Have you forgotten Kitson and Dodd.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
I think Gillespie would be the buy of the season for us, a player who can do more than just score goals can easily adapt to a position where Murray and Forster are still on the pitch.
Why is there no talk of him going to a bigger club?, surely it would mean we should have a good chance of getting him if we tried?

Ps check out the goal he scored at the weekend, its sheer class.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
If you're looking for a striker Sam Parkin would be a good shout. Has got a good scoring record and always felt he would score against us at luton.
Had problems with injuries over the last couple of seasons.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Anthony Gerrard. Although we don't need a central defender he was awesome for Walsall at their place against us. Think he's on loan from somehere...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As Norwich don't want to give him a new contract, what about Darren Huckerby ? Sooner have him than Currie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Norwich don't want to give him a new contract, what about Darren Huckerby ? Sooner have him than Currie.

That would be a great shout but I think that we would be down in the queue for him and wages may be a problem. I would think that a number of Championships sides with managers with more idea than Roeder would want him.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
McNamee from watford, hes on loan at someone who we played a few weeks ago looked very good.

swindon and watford have said they will be letting him go i think swindon might have first option he would be good though left winger pace and end product and can switch wings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here