Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thank you. Seems like a brilliant opportunity to be able to get the singers ‘together’ if they wish and would at least get some kind of atmosphere going.

**** it then. The whole thing seems like a load of shit and I’m not going on principle.

Let’s see how long it will last for, my bet is a long time.

Excellent one less increases my chances :whistle:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I went to the 2011 Sussex Senior Cup Final at the Amex, Albion v Eastbourne Borough. Used as a ramp up event by H&S.

It was great to finally get in the stadium, but at one third full, there was absolutely no atmosphere. Best described as echoey echoey echoey echoey.

I don’t remember it being that bad for that game and I enjoyed the atmosphere when we had a few chants going in the North Stand, but I think this is going to be even worse.

I could take it if it was for a few games, but there’s no time limit on it, just like the ‘lockdown’ that was was supposed to be for 3 weeks to ‘flatten the curve’.

They keep taking more and more.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know how google works, but my understanding is that it isn't apple pay, it's apple wallet to store the ticket. And if it's anything like Cineworld you won't have to use the wallet, you can just bring up the email attachment.

I'm also not sure if it will be compulsory to use the mobile version, I don't see how stopping people printing tickets and scanning them is that much safer. It's still contactless. I think it is more that the previous scanners couldn't handle mobile screens, and the new one can.

Re the email attachment ..I’m sure that’s what I’ve done for a cup game before ...I guess it means that you will still need a smartphone

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don’t remember it being that bad for that game and I enjoyed the atmosphere when we had a few chants going in the North Stand, but I think this is going to be even worse.

I could take it if it was for a few games, but there’s no time limit on it, just like the ‘lockdown’ that was was supposed to be for 3 weeks to ‘flatten the curve’.

Only the most optimistic or naive thought it would be 'only 3 weeks'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
To be honest, those articles and these threads are how I've found about about everything, and in this thread the initial comments seemed to suggest as you do every other seat is used, then someone else said no, it's every other row. (You seem to be suggesting both?)

If it is every other seat, as you suggest, that would, I suggest make little difference when it comes to putting tickets from your group on the exchange. You just might need to either select your tickets smartly (i.e. if you know two of you aren't going to make it, allocate them the end seats of your group) or have a quiet word with the people who buy those seats about switching neighbouring seats.

Yes both, alternate seats and empty rows

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Good point

It's actually a bit different to what I said as there would only have been three of the nine months reduced payments, not six.

I am owed ~£168 from last season, which was being refunded by the July 20 to March 21 DDs (9 payments) being reduced by ~£18.

If DDs stop in September, after three reduced payments, I would still be owed ~£112.

Maybe that will be added to the balance? But how is your balance calculated?

It's going to be confusing :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't know how google works, but my understanding is that it isn't apple pay, it's apple wallet to store the ticket. And if it's anything like Cineworld you won't have to use the wallet, you can just bring up the email attachment.

I'm also not sure if it will be compulsory to use the mobile version, I don't see how stopping people printing tickets and scanning them is that much safer. It's still contactless. I think it is more that the previous scanners couldn't handle mobile screens, and the new one can.
Well I don't know about Apple, but there is no app called Google wallet. Only Google pay. And it's not compatible with my phone at the present time.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Excellent one less increases my chances :whistle:

Good luck to you.

I find it very disheartening that, because they’ve put us through the ringer so much, we have fans that are willing to watch football in one of the most boring ways possible.

It’s sad.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck to you.

I find it very disheartening that, because they’ve put us through the ringer so much, we have fans that are willing to watch football in one of the most boring ways possible.

It’s sad.

What do you suggest are the alternative options during a dangerous pandemic

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The club email suggests it is compulsory for STHs

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good luck to you.

It’s sad.

I don’t disagree and I’m sure you aren’t blaming the club ...but given I’m on a six day working week sadly football is one of my few escapes ....tbh one of the things I was looking forward to obviously isn’t going to happen and that’s seeing all the people I have got to know, who sit around me ...I’d like to know that they are ok.

Ps masks/face coverings in our seat would be hard to take frankly

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
What do you suggest are the alternative options during a dangerous pandemic

I don’t think it’s a pandemic.

I think we should have full stadiums. We are going to have to have them at some point, better at the start of autumn than at the middle of winter when it’s flu season again. Or maybe it will be next season...or maybe it will be the season after that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The problem is that where CV19 was ignored or lockdowns were token affairs that last ten minutes, the virus won, new cases continue at a pace, deaths march on. For example Florida and Texas.

If we regained all our freedoms NOW, an awful load of people would die.

I’m as frustrated and bored by the change to our way of life as most, but sadly filthy practices at a Chinese market have cost us all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I use Samsung pay all of the time, I assume I will add my ST to that like I would a loyalty card
I am sure I could get something working if I unrooted the phone. [emoji106]

But I would still like to know what children and any older folk who don't use phones like that should do.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's actually a bit different to what I said as there would only have been three of the nine months reduced payments, not six.

I am owed ~£168 from last season, which was being refunded by the July 20 to March 21 DDs (9 payments) being reduced by ~£18.

If DDs stop in September, after three reduced payments, I would still be owed ~£112.

Maybe that will be added to the balance? But how is your balance calculated?

It's going to be confusing :lolol:

I'm quoting myself, but I think the above is wrong.

By September I will have paid 3 months @ £55 and 3 months @ £35, so £270. Then my 19/20 refund (£168) should be added onto that, so total 20/21 balance ~£440.

That's around ~12 games at ST prices, I think? Be surprised if I get to 2/3 of the games...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I think we should have full stadiums. We are going to have to have them at some point, better at the start of autumn than at the middle of winter when it’s flu season again. Or maybe it will be next season...or maybe it will be the season after that.

Eh, of course it's a pandemic, it's literally a pandemic!

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν, pan, "all" and δῆμος, demos, "people") is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of people.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The 780,751 dead would disagree with you.

Stop being a plonker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here