Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do the opt outs make it easier to win in the ballot OR mean more tickets are available in the exchange?

I.e. if capcity is 30,000 x 30% = 9,000, but 1,000 opt out do 30% of these get immediately added to the exchange or do they increase the number of ballot winners?

The ballot will only be drawn from those who have indicated they want to attend the game (or not indicated they wish to opt out of that game, as the case will be), so exchange tickets will only be those who "win" and then decide they can not go, whether due to a change of circumstances or they are a "I don't want to go to any games" but have exhausted their six opt-outs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Taking into account how difficult all this is. Worried by
'Fans will automatically be entered into EVERY match ballot, and each match will be subject to a fresh ballot (eg – if you are successful in one, you are NOT ruled out of the next).'
So one person who is lucky in the ballot could go to say six games whilst another goes to none. Surely if successful in one game then should not be in the next draw, therefore, giving a fairer distribution of tickets.

This was covered quite extensively and the PB/JG detailed the various balloting options they had considered, including if you "win" then you sit out the next etc, but it really is far more complex than that, because at what point do people re-enter the ballot?

What if there are not enough fans in for game 2 because of those that won game 1 and opt-outs for game 2?

What if the government guidelines change from, say 25% of capacity to 40% of capacity?

There are nuemous "what ifs" connected to any balloting scheme that tries to "fair", but you're quite right, what we have could mean that Fan A goes to all 19 games and Fan B goes to none.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sitting in your usual seat, masks, no singing or chanting, 30% capacity max

Not me for, sterile and soulless

Singing and chanting with a mask on ? Not quite the same

Had it been confirmed that masks will gave to be worn ..I note that the snooker spectators did not

No confirmation on masks but PB certainly seemed to be in the "no masks" camp, and you can assume that will be his line with government. His comparison was the world snooker spectators who were not wearing masks despite being inside.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Head of Ticketing Jenny Gower said it last night. Once the club are allowed to return to 100% capacity, you will return to your seat. No one will lose their seat without giving it up themselves until normality resumes.
Good news.
I'll be a lot happier though when I see this in written form from the club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
further info:

So, while much of the debate was around ticket allocation last night, there are some further important points for supporters to be aware of when returning to matches, such as transport, catering, masks, and other new measures which will be in place when the government allows fans back into stadia.

Track and trace: Firstly, fans must only use tickets allocated to them, and subject to it being in place, have the track-and-trace app on the phone. Currently many venues are using sign-in systems or old fashioned pen and ink guest books – but at a football stadium this just isn’t possible, but the government will need us to register who attends, should there be a localised outbreak.

So it is absolutely essential you use the ticket in your name and bring photo ID with you that matches the ticket - checks will be carried out for all fans - and when attending you have the track-and-trace app switched on. Further details on this will be shared in due course.

Mobile Tickets: During the summer we have installed new readers at our turnstiles to enable tickets to be scanned directly from mobile phones. Season-ticket holders and My Albion+ members will enter the stadium using the ticket that will be stored on their mobile phone in the Google/Apple wallet.

Further details will be released in due course. Please note this change has been made in line with government advice to reduce physical touchpoints, reduce the passing on of tickets through the black-market and to ensure compliance with the government track-and-trace scheme.

Transport: While we will offer guidance and advice on transport where we can, this is not the club’s responsibility. We strongly advise questions and concerns are directed to public and private providers, and any travel plans should carefully considered, and must concur with the government’s rules.

What we can do to help we will, for example we are looking at ways to extend parking available, and we are also considering a drop-off and pick-up facility close to, but away from stadium. Match tickets will be valid as usual on public transport across the city and further afield.

Face masks: We will follow the government and Premier League guidelines. If these require a mask to be worn, and you have a medical reason to not wear a mask, we will request that you wear a club-issued wristband to show that you are exempt from wearing the mask.

Bags: This is an important change to the entry policy, due to the restrictions in place due to the pandemic. Where possible we would actively discourage the use of all bags, however with immediate effect we will limit the size to A4 in size (so a small hand, clutch or shoulder bag is permitted). Please note that we are unable to store any bags for anyone so please do not bring any bags to the stadium that are bigger than A4 size as we will not be able to enter the stadium with them.

Temperature checks and health Q&A: We will expect all fans to be responsible – and to follow the government guidelines; for example, if you show any symptoms or have come into contact with anyone who has had symptoms you should not attend matches (in such a scenario, you should list your ticket on the ticket exchange for re-sale at the earliest possible point).

You may also be requested to complete an online heath questionnaire ahead of the match and/or be asked to take a temperature check on arrival. This may be mandatory, and will form part of the revised terms and conditions of entry during this period, but further details will be shared in due course.

Catering facilities: We do wish to allow access to a limited menu of our matchday catering options. How we do this is still to be finalised, but we are looking at various internal and external options. All transactions will now be credit or debit card only, as the stadium became a cashless venue on 1st July.

Programmes: Current advice suggests we may not be able to sell match programmes. These will be distributed to season-ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members in digital format, free of charge on matchdays. Printed versions will be available for order pre and post match, via the club’s online shop, while we are also working on a season subscription package at a discounted rate.

Toilets and washrooms: With handwashing key to limiting the spread of the virus, all toilet facilities will be accessible, while we also have installed a large number of hand sanitising stations throughout the stadium. Supporters may be permitted to bring a small (100ml or less) bottle of hand sanitiser.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755294/return-of-fans-more-details

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The ballot will only be drawn from those who have indicated they want to attend the game (or not indicated they wish to opt out of that game, as the case will be), so exchange tickets will only be those who "win" and then decide they can not go, whether due to a change of circumstances or they are a "I don't want to go to any games" but have exhausted their six opt-outs.

I've assumed that if I join a group it's all or nothing. We cannot return 2 tickets and use 2 tickets, as we'll then have 2 strangers next to the 2 who are using them. Right?

This is starting to form the basis of something that might change my mind on going. My bubble mate's son wants to go and so does my son. But that means that us two miserable adults will also have to apply for every game they want to go to, right? And if one of the four of us has a cough / other illness / is away somewhere then the other three are Donald Ducked?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've assumed that if I join a group it's all or nothing. We cannot return 2 tickets and use 2 tickets, as we'll then have 2 strangers next to the 2 who are using them. Right?

This is starting to form the basis of something that might change my mind on going. My bubble mate's son wants to go and so does my son. But that means that us two miserable adults will also have to apply for every game they want to go to, right? And if one of the four of us has a cough / other illness / is away somewhere then the other three are Donald Ducked?

Members of groups can opt out, so if they know in advance they can't make it, they can opt out of that game while the others still go.
There was also mention that if you don't pick your seats, you will be automatically assigned them, and this can result in groups being split up.

Beyond that, I suppose there's a need for more info - if you are in a group do you have to get seats next to each other - can for instance a father and his adult son who usually 'go to the game together' but sit in different stands be a group and still get their usual stands? If there is distancing in place i.e. if one group buys a few seat, the system automatically removing the next one/two to maintain distancing between groups, can there be distancing within groups for those in a football group but not in a domestic group. So a group of five be in a block of three, a seat gap and then the other two.

However it is important to note, that you can only join one group for the season, although members of the group can still opt out of individual games.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1755228/return-of-fans-round-up

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If they make a singing section, then I MIGHT think about going.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Members of groups can opt out, so if they know in advance they can't make it, they can opt out of that game while the others still go.
There was also mention that if you don't pick your seats, you will be automatically assigned them, and this can result in groups being split up.

Beyond that, I suppose there's a need for more info - if you are in a group do you have to get seats next to each other - can for instance a father and his adult son who usually 'go to the game together' but sit in different stands be a group and still get their usual stands? If there is distancing in place i.e. if one group buys a few seat, the system automatically removing the next one/two to maintain distancing between groups, can there be distancing within groups for those in a football group but not in a domestic group. So a group of five be in a block of three, a seat gap and then the other two.

From your comments you have not fully understood the seat allocation process.
It is alternative seats with the row in front and behind empty. So if a group take up 4 seats, the system won't group those 4 seats together and place a couple of out of use seats either side. It is alternative seats, so 4 seats will take up 7 seats if one is an aisle seat or 9 in in the ccentre of a row,
There is no household restrictions, so all 4 could be from different households. So if two of th egroup can't make a game where they have tickets and sell them on the exchange the same four seats will be used, as there is social distancing with th eempty seats.

Having listened into the video conference yesterday, I thought everything was clear, but reading numerous posts yesterday and today a lot of people are trying to make this far more complicated than it actually is.

Hopefully the Government won't hold a press conference gicing the details for fans to return as if they do, there is no hope of anyone understanding any of the requirements.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From your comments you have not fully understood the seat allocation process.
It is alternative seats with the row in front and behind empty. So if a group take up 4 seats, the system won't group those 4 seats together and place a couple of out of use seats either side. It is alternative seats, so 4 seats will take up 7 seats if one is an aisle seat or 9 in in the ccentre of a row,
There is no household restrictions, so all 4 could be from different households. So if two of th egroup can't make a game where they have tickets and sell them on the exchange the same four seats will be used, as there is social distancing with th eempty seats.

Having listened into the video conference yesterday, I thought everything was clear, but reading numerous posts yesterday and today a lot of people are trying to make this far more complicated than it actually is.

Hopefully the Government won't hold a press conference gicing the details for fans to return as if they do, there is no hope of anyone understanding any of the requirements.

To be honest, those articles and these threads are how I've found about about everything, and in this thread the initial comments seemed to suggest as you do every other seat is used, then someone else said no, it's every other row. (You seem to be suggesting both?)

If it is every other seat, as you suggest, that would, I suggest make little difference when it comes to putting tickets from your group on the exchange. You just might need to either select your tickets smartly (i.e. if you know two of you aren't going to make it, allocate them the end seats of your group) or have a quiet word with the people who buy those seats about switching neighbouring seats.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So we all have to have Apple or Google pay? And also the tracking app that isn't out yet? What about kids or older people who don't use phones like that? Pretty sure my 17 year old doesn't use mobile payments so doesn't have a card attached to his Google account. And there are thousands of others in that situation.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Direct debits are going to be halted after 6 months, but the refund from last seasons cancelled games was going to be refunded over the whole of this season payment period, which was upto March 21.

How is last season's refund going to work now?

Agree. With an initial capacity of 30% I suspect there will be plenty of demand for the tickets so the club will no lose out. They should allow those who are wary and don't want to attend to declare so now. That might mean, for example, that 30% don't want to go leaving the remaining 70% to get to more games. If the capacity is increased to a point where it exceeds demand from STH then the slack will surely be taken up by members so the club will still not lose out financially. Once opted out though, unless there is a material development, eg a vaccine, then perhaps you shouldn't be able to opt back in until next season! Either way, current season ticket holders should not lose there current seat.

Agreed - am genuinely torn about whether to go. Can’t see why the club can’t Individually poll the fans, it seems very likely 9 thousand season ticket holders will opt in but it will give piece of mind to the rest who don’t. Surely would also simply the ticket ballot and distribution process too

Direct debits are going to be halted after 6 months, but the refund from last seasons cancelled games was going to be refunded over the whole of this season payment period, which was upto March 21.

How is last season's refund going to work now?

Good point

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Sorry to be a dullard and I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere on this thread but a couple of questions.

For me following the Albion home and away isn't just about the football but also the social. I normally go in a group of five, I presume we will be applying in the ballot as a five we all sit in ESL but not together so I presume we are ok to apply as a five for every home game and not individually?
Travelling from the Croydon area we always have a couple of post match beers and let the queue die down at Falmer, will the concourse be kept open post match? Just an idea in order to social distance could we stay in our seat and have a post match pint in our bubble and have the highlights screened in the ground, sort of makes sense.
Is this from the start of the season or from October as per the government's original statements?
Many thanks Arkwright.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
what we have could mean that Fan A goes to all 19 games and Fan B goes to none.

Can any of the stattos on here give the odds of this happening, given a 30% capacity for the entire season?

I worked out the chances of being selected for ALL 19 games is more than a billion to one (1.16bn-1).

But what about the chances of NOT being selected for ANY? (my brain started hurting at this point..).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've given the whole thing some thought today and I think the club are doing the best they can. There are clearly flaws with the whole thing but I don't believe they rest with the club they just reflect the fact that it is not a perfect world, in fact it's a bit of a nightmare.

My initial reaction was horror that I could only be going to a small handful of games next season having been an ever present for far too long, however after the initial rush to tickets on the exchange I suspect the novelty will wear off. Lets face it, it is going to pretty dreadful, sitting in an AMEX 30% full - little or no atmosphere and therefore I would hope that more will be available on the exchange after time.

Also this is only the start, If 30% works for a couple of months, there is no second wave, maybe we can then go to 50% and then more?

Whilst a bit me would rather say if we can't all go, no one should go, the club and football needs to edge back to normality so lets hope this is the start of that.

I went to the 2011 Sussex Senior Cup Final at the Amex, Albion v Eastbourne Borough. Used as a ramp up event by H&S.

It was great to finally get in the stadium, but at one third full, there was absolutely no atmosphere. Best described as echoey echoey echoey echoey.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That question was asked and isn't going to happen

Thank you. Seems like a brilliant opportunity to be able to get the singers ‘together’ if they wish and would at least get some kind of atmosphere going.

**** it then. The whole thing seems like a load of shit and I’m not going on principle.

Let’s see how long it will last for, my bet is a long time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So we all have to have Apple or Google pay? And also the tracking app that isn't out yet? What about kids or older people who don't use phones like that? Pretty sure my 17 year old doesn't use mobile payments so doesn't have a card attached to his Google account. And there are thousands of others in that situation.

I don't know how google works, but my understanding is that it isn't apple pay, it's apple wallet to store the ticket. And if it's anything like Cineworld you won't have to use the wallet, you can just bring up the email attachment.

I'm also not sure if it will be compulsory to use the mobile version, I don't see how stopping people printing tickets and scanning them is that much safer. It's still contactless. I think it is more that the previous scanners couldn't handle mobile screens, and the new one can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here