Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I think the club's approach for people to use the ticket exchange (and 6 game opt out) if they don't want to go looks reasonable. A lot will depend on how the ticket exchange works. If it's flexible enough to allow a NS STH, for example, to upgrade at a reasonable cost I can't see too many games where you don't sell your ticket. Save your 6 opt outs for the likes of Burnley home on a Monday night!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think the club's approach for people to use the ticket exchange (and 6 game opt out) if they don't want to go looks reasonable. A lot will depend on how the ticket exchange works. If it's flexible enough to allow a NS STH, for example, to upgrade at a reasonable cost I can't see too many games where you don't sell your ticket. Save your 6 opt outs for the likes of Burnley home on a Monday night!
Buying from the ticket exchange is totally independent of the ballot. You can sit anywhere in the ground but will have to pay accordingly.

Be interesting to see if that will come out of your credit balance too.

I don't envy whoever has to set the ticketing system up to do all this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Buying from the ticket exchange is totally independent of the ballot. You can sit anywhere in the ground but will have to pay accordingly.

Be interesting to see if that will come out of your credit balance too.

I don't envy whoever has to set the ticketing system up to do all this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Indeed, particularly to make changes within the tight deadlines. May be to keep things simple and as goodwill, the ticket exchange should permit STH's to choose a seat anywhere in the ground for your 'standard' credit deduction.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Save your 6 opt outs for the likes of Burnley home on a Monday night!

That's a good tip that I hadn't thought of.

The best chance to re-sell a ticket on the exchange will be when playing the high profile sides in autumn or spring.
Once winter comes and we have an evening televised game the demand on the exchange will diminish considerably.

So I think that for any games in Sept/Oct that I can't attend it will be best for me to place my tickets on the exchange when demand is highest.
Thereby saving my 6 guaranteed refunds for the unattractive fixtures due to their scheduling and likely weather or travel 'challenges'.

It's almost like a game Fantasy Season Ticket, deciding when to use your Free Hit, Bench Boost or Wild Card.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just opt out of the 6 that you are allowed to and put the rest on ticket exchange. You will not lose your seat.
Where is the official confirmation ( on screen or in writing ) of no potential seat loss ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Is there a summary post anywhere of what's proposed, missed the Q&A and can't figure out exactly what might happen!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
always has to be a cut off though.

why wouldn't there be public transport ?

It's not been confirmed either way. However, Southern will not run a full matchday service for 7,500 people total and not confirmed how buses and P&R will work. People on this thread have suggested closing Falmer station!!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Where is the official confirmation ( on screen or in writing ) of no potential seat loss ?

Head of Ticketing Jenny Gower said it last night. Once the club are allowed to return to 100% capacity, you will return to your seat. No one will lose their seat without giving it up themselves until normality resumes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Head of Ticketing Jenny Gower said it last night. Once the club are allowed to return to 100% capacity, you will return to your seat. No one will lose their seat without giving it up themselves until normality resumes.
Good news.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Indeed, particularly to make changes within the tight deadlines. May be to keep things simple and as goodwill, the ticket exchange should permit STH's to choose a seat anywhere in the ground for your 'standard' credit deduction.

Why? Seems you are suggesting that I could be sitting near someone in WSU who has only paid for North Stand season ticket! If you want to upgrade to a more expensive area then pay for it.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Why? Seems you are suggesting that I could be sitting near someone in WSU who has only paid for North Stand season ticket! If you want to upgrade to a more expensive area then pay for it.

Just trying to make things simpler technologically. Happy to pay the extra. I'll be the one ringing the bell!

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I always understood from my brother in law who is a member, the 1901 is a club. Subsequently the seat or debenture is incidental to the membership.
Does this mean only allowing access by way of a ballot, that this affects their rights as members of the club?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The photo ID point could cause issue for those who share a seat across family members.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was anything said about whether the groups of up to five would be able to sit in adjacent seats?

As I understood it. The group of five will occupy 10 seats with a seat gap in between depending on social distancing advice, so you will sit together. I suspect this may be reviewed at some point.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The photo ID point could cause issue for those who share a seat across family members.

The name on the ticket will have to match the attendee for track and trace purposes, there will be no exceptions. Strictly no ticket sharing. Unused tickets will have to go to the exchange

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Almost certainly WILL cause an issue.

The question was asked by a fan about this. His scenario was that if he and his son "win" tickets for a game, but he is working, could his wife take his place and attend with their son. The answer was a relatively firm "no" due to government guidelines and the ability to trace and trace.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's not been confirmed either way. However, Southern will not run a full matchday service for 7,500 people total and not confirmed how buses and P&R will work. People on this thread have suggested closing Falmer station!!

Even if they didn't though. Brighton to Falmer on a normal saturday from 1pm to 2:40pm there are 8 trains. Thats a pretty good start . For a 6 min journey in masks cant see that being an issue at all.

The things Barber can control are the buses and extra parking along with the new drop off areas he's mentioned.

As for the people suggesting closing Falmer , that makes zero sense .

I remember the trains to Withdean being pretty quiet alot of the time for a similar amount of people. Pretty sure the transport be fine and from the forum last night the stadium will be easily ok.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yes well of course we're not meant to be doing that "officially", are we...?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

They have to say this though dont they. In reality , will it be checked.

They have to have water tight rules but I expect like pubs , things will settle into a slightly less regimental system than is specified on paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here