Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm with this as someone who doesn't feel comfortable going. But I can only opt out of 6 so lets say I do that then I go into the draw for games 7 onwards and could get my tix and thus prevent someone who wanted to go from going.

Perhaps the ticket exchange will work, let's hope so but I'm not getting the logic behind the club doing this, particularly if they can determine that more people will want to be going than there are seats available

Well Rug ...if you have to stuff your ticket on the exchange and I havnt got one let me know because I’ll buy it :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m with you mate. There could be about 9,000 fans rattling about in our 30,000+ stadium and, if some newspaper stories are to be believed, no one will be allowed to sing either. The whole thing will be a poor imitation of what watching The Albion should be. Do you think they’d allow the Norther Standers to stand like they normally do? I really doubt it. Singing and standing is an absolutely massive part of going to the games for me. Sure, some people will love sitting in silence, but it isn’t for me and that’s not what I paid for.

Seeing fans saying ‘we’ll just have to put up with it for now’ is quite disheartening really. We don’t even know how long this will go on for, this could go on for a whole season. Do you think people will renew if it did? I bloody wouldn’t and (up until this season) I’d only missed 1 home game in about 10 years. This could go on indefinitely unless us fans and our clubs take a stand against these ridiculous restrictions by this government. At some point, we’ll going to need to see if we can get back to a full stadium again, I’d rather do that at the start of autumn than the middle of the flu season where every cough or sniffle will diagnosed as a new Covid case.

What do you think would happen if all our fans decided they weren’t going to go?

(As for anybody else: I’m not going to get into Covid on this thread, and if you think we’ll be risking lives by having full crowds then I think you are a tinfoil hat nut job as there is no evidence that would happen)

The club can let in who they want to let in and if you don't agree to their t&cs you're making the decision for them. You might have your views about covid but it's not your stadium!!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Covid rules re sharing a car are that they must be from the same household or two household bubble. No doubt the club will confirm but I suspect that you can only sit with people under the same criteria, ie one household or the two household bubble.

No, the issue was raised during the video conference, and due to the alternative seat rule, 5 friends could be 'together' regardless of which household they are in. (Unless the Government decide differently, there is another PL meeting with Minister tomorrow)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Worth highlighting that the loyalty point system is also accumulated by length of season ticket. Hence a 10 year STH would gain some priority over a 1 year one. I’m not suggesting it is all done on loyalty just a small proper option.

However it sounds like there is going to be a tight timescale around organising this for each game so the club have gone for the quickest and most manageable option. I can’t argue with that. There is no such thing as an ideal world anymore.

Ditching the idea of using loyalty points because it's too short a timespan to organise properly is a meaningless notion.

Ditching it because it is divisive, regressive and worthless is more likely a good reason. So no, it's not really '... worth highlighting that the loyalty point system is also accumulated by length of season ticket.' It's irrelevant here.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
So all STH are entered into the Ballot. You can apply as a group of up to five. Is the grouping season long, or do you have to submit your group each draw. If it's season long, what if you get drawn, but that week one or two of the group can't go? Can the one or two put their tickets on the exchange and the other three go, or would all five have to give up their tickets because of those one or two?

I am puzzled here but probably because I am thick.

If you are a group of 5 and 2 can't go one match, does it mean if those two seats are sold through exchange, you get 2 strangers entering your group? Would that be safe or even acceptable?.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well done to the club for making this into a discussion and informing us early in the process.

Our group is keen to get back, however different the experience is. There will certainly be enough demand for exchange tickets at 9-10k I would have thought?

Last edited:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
No, the issue was raised during the video conference, and due to the alternative seat rule, 5 friends could be 'together' regardless of which household they are in. (Unless the Government decide differently, there is another PL meeting with Minister tomorrow)

Confusion is creeping in. The ballot will allow groups of up to 5 to be one item in the ballot so that all get seats or none get seats. Social distancing inside the amex is achieved by only using alternate seats and alternate rows. No one will sit in an immediate adjacent seat to anyone else (except there may be a very few doubles.) The car issue is irrelevent to all this as the club has no way or desire to regulate who shares transport with who.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry to be so grumpy but I think it sucks! I do not want to go a socially distanced, quarter full Amex wearing a mask. Surely they can’t make me pay for a ticket in these circumstances? And yes, I do understand that I can put it on the ticket exchange, but I’m not at all convinced it’ll sell......how are they so sure that people are gonna wanna watch The Albion in this way? I’ve been supporting The Albion for 45 years, I live 2 hours drive from Falmer, went to Gillingham, ST holder at Withdean, I love The Albion as much as anyone, but I still don’t fancy watching under these COVID Restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with this as someone who doesn't feel comfortable going. But I can only opt out of 6 so lets say I do that then I go into the draw for games 7 onwards and could get my tix and thus prevent someone who wanted to go from going.

Perhaps the ticket exchange will work, let's hope so but I'm not getting the logic behind the club doing this, particularly if they can determine that more people will want to be going than there are seats available

Fair enough. What would you propose as an acceptable solution?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am puzzled here but probably because I am thick.

If you are a group of 5 and 2 can't go one match, does it mean if those two seats are sold through exchange, you get 2 strangers entering your group? Would that be safe or even acceptable?.

When the question came to my mind, for some reason I was thinking that it's not so much a ticket that is put on the exchange as much as an opportunity to buy a ticket that is made available, so by putting your opportunity to buy a ticket on the exchange, whoever buys it can look at any available seat in that price band. Though now you ask the question I can't see why I thought that would be the case.

Reading this thread, it appears there will be social distancing achieved by using every other seat, so if they are entering your group, there would still be gaps between you.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don’t understand this concern. Why would someone who is going to be charged 1/19th of THEIR pro-rata season ticket cost in the 1901, or the middle of the WSL, want to choose a cheap seat at the front of the North Stand? :shrug:

I suspect you're absolutely right. In my case, my Dad is in the West and I'm in the North. It'll be weird not going to games together as we have for 30 years. There might be a few who will take the opportunity to try out different stands? Not really a concern, just interested. As it happens, as a North Stand STH, in these circumstances, I'd have been quite happy to upgrade my ticket to a higher banding, as I've never sat in the West Upper for example. It feels like those who pay more have more choice in that respect, which I guess is life, but a shame. I strongly suspect I'll get the opportunity to try out another stand via the exchange though. Not concerned or grumbling, just interested.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
When the question came to my mind, for some reason I was thinking that it's not so much a ticket that is put on the exchange as much as an opportunity to buy a ticket that is made available, so by putting your opportunity to buy a ticket on the exchange, whoever buys it can look at any available seat in that price band. Though now you ask the question I can't see why I thought that would be the case.

Reading this thread, it appears there will be social distancing achieved by using every other seat, so if they are entering your group, there would still be gaps between you.

Cheers makes sense, I suppose.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone pick up on the fact that the “Sheffield United” game was used an an example which mirrors a leaked 1st round of games being circulated, could be sure coincidence though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its possible that could be ours? but that leak also had both Manchester clubs at home on the same weekend, something that virtually ever happens.

Man U v Arse and Citeh v Palarse.

Big pinch of salt

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
The club have done very well and have made the best out of an impossible situation, personally I have no desire to go back until things get back to normal and and I’m more then happy for someone else to have my seat. In my situation I suppose it is best to miss games against the likes of Burnley, West Brom etc but to apply for Liverpool, Palace then if successful put them on the exchange. I’m sure if people are desperate to go they should be able to get tickets easily.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Its possible that could be ours? but that leak also had both Manchester clubs at home on the same weekend, something that virtually ever happens.

Man U v Arse and Citeh v Palarse.

Big pinch of salt

With reduced, or even no, fans attending the Police might be able to cope with both teams playing at home on the same weekend.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With reduced, or even no, fans attending the Police might be able to cope with both teams playing at home on the same weekend.

true i suppose, or if one game is scheduled for the Sunday/Monday night

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Poppycock, how can any decision be made when the Government guidelines are not even agreed yet ?

One can make a conditional decision. But that’s not my point. My point is this evenings Zoom meeting didn’t appear to be a consultation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here