Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ernest said:
How do you know what joke I tell if I am on your ignore list :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It used to go something like this:

"McGhoo out" and I paraphrase.
Then wait to see how many gullible posters argued with you.

Boring:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Repugnant Toad said:
Some people really get upset about anyone daring to have a different opinion to the "accepted line". :rolleyes:

If you're having a pop at me then why dont you get your facts straight.

I have no problem with differences of opinion, just character assasination.

Heres the example I gave earlier, if you had been bothered to look.

2 examples of moaning:

1. "I question his substitutions during a match"

2. "f*** off McGhee"

The first is acceptable the second is not:nono: :nono: :nono:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yeah, sure, and largely, I agree. But a lot of this thread seems to have been straying towards intolerance of the first example. Certainly the idea that it's a core of posters who whip up the rest into some sort of slavering frenzy seems wide of the mark to me. I think there's a lot of genuine dissatisfaction with McGhee, not just on this board, but amongst Brighton support in general. In fact, I find the ratio is nearer 50/50 away from NSC.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Repugnant Toad said:
Yeah, sure, and largely, I agree. But a lot of this thread seems to have been straying towards intolerance of the first example. Certainly the idea that it's a core of posters who whip up the rest into some sort of slavering frenzy seems wide of the mark to me. I think there's a lot of genuine dissatisfaction with McGhee, not just on this board, but amongst Brighton support in general. In fact, I find the ratio is nearer 50/50 away from NSC.

If you troll through these pages you'll find 'genuine dissatisfaction' with just about every player in the squad as well. So what conclusions are we to draw that everyone in BHA is crap:( :( :( :(

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Mouldy Boots said:
I started to read your post then i realised its another arse licking mcgee can do no wrong fan.

So i thought i go and watch corrie instead its a lot more interesting!!!

:salute::albion:

Put it away Mouldy brain............. Rita's not that attractive when she's upset!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle C said:
I would agree that feelings are better vented here than directly at the team while they are playing.

My point is, that this is like a cancer. A few posters get at players and McGhee for a wind up and others who are easily led jump on the band waggon. Most dont have an original thought in their heads.

I dont think you're naive enough to think that this sniping stays locked behind the closed doors of NSC. I hear it propagated in all sorts of ways.

I agree which is why I have tried to counter it whenever I can. Of course I get accused of blind faith etc etc.
Morale is like confidence and we need to keep that up to survive this season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:

Not in our local pub after the game.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I question some of MM's descions, but I do not know the full facts of why he has made those choices.

There are however two facts that I do know.

1. We have no money. We cannot buy ourselves saftey.

2. We have no money. If everyone wants MM out, he would demand a compensation package, and where would that come from.

Oh! There is a third point. Disagree I might, but I could not do a better job.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
Not in our local pub after the game.

Suprisingly, I don't purport to speak for all Brighton supporters - I'm only saying it as I find it; as Mr Gerbil says, every Brighton fan at work could be described as anti-McGhee to some extent, which suprised me rather when I first spoke to them about it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So there is Toad, Kinky and 5 others. Doesn't exactly make it 50/50 does it ;) :lolol: :lolol:
(*wind up post alert)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
I still have faith in McGhee, however i feel our goalscroring problem is because of him in some ways.

Has to give a partnership a chance.... they don't even get 90mins together let alone a run of games

Believe his constant switching has caused major confidence problems for CKR and especially Jakey who looks well short of confidence.

I think both of the above can cut it in this league...just need a run of games and backing from the manager

Abso .. bloody .. lutely!! Well said that man.

McGhee is wearing my patience thin by his constant tinkering with the strikers. Pick two and then give them a run.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
So there is Toad, Kinky and 5 others. Doesn't exactly make it 50/50 does it ;) :lolol: :lolol:
(*wind up post alert)

Ah, never fear - the McGhee Out touring bus takes to the streets again tomorrow! Slowly, the world will be converted!

Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Mouldy Boots said:
It pisses me off that there are so many on here that have made a stand that Mark Mcgee is the perfect manager and even if he Didn't win another game to the end of the season you would stand by him

Given that there "are so many on here" that hold this view, would you mind showing me a single quote from a single one of them saying they would stand by McGhee even if he didn't win another game this season, or that he is "the perfect manager"? If you cannot, then I would suggest you stop spouting complete and utter bollocks as it is idiotic and boring.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
I agree which is why I have tried to counter it whenever I can. Of course I get accused of blind faith etc etc.
Morale is like confidence and we need to keep that up to survive this season.
This doesn't surprise me because you're the worst one for it. If we lost 5-0 to a team of monkeys riding minature bicycles you'd still say we were unlucky and Mcghee definately knew what he was doing when he started with no strikers and then subs our only creative player for a destroyer like Oatway

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Billy the Fish said:
This doesn't surprise me because you're the worst one for it. If we lost 5-0 to a team of monkeys riding minature bicycles you'd still say we were unlucky and Mcghee definately knew what he was doing when he started with no strikers and then subs our only creative player for a destroyer like Oatway

I aim to please :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I thought Hinshelwood was fired because his team lost 10 league games in a row, not because he didn't use the loan system?

I agree with one of the earlier posters who made the succinct point that NSC is only an Internet message board, and definitely not representative of Brighton fans in general.

People are entitled to there own opinion, but IMHO need to temper their criticism with a consideration of the club's financial realities, which are well documented and understood by the majority of Brighton fans.

I have always thought that the players and manager are probably not best advised to pay much attention to the flak they receive on this board. After all, everything soon changes when fortunes are turned around.

I seem to remember Adams coming in for a bit of a battering before he won us the 3rd division title.

If Mark Mcghee is the manager Dick Knight thinks he is, and its his opinion that counts, then we will stay up, and that in itself will be a fantastic feat.

All we can do as fans is bite the bullet and keep supporting the team. We aren't dead and buried yet, and 6 points from Leicester and Crewe will go a long way towards keeping us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here