Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Lokki 7 said:
When was this? I missed it, can you point me in the right direction as I'd like to read that.

As for all the sniping. I back McGhee and don't agree with it, but I do agree with freedom of speech, isn't that the point of a message board? The fact is there are lots of dis-illusioned fans right now and I'd rather they vent it on here then at the match.

It was a late night outburst from Guy (posting as Race) responding rightly to 'criticisms' from fans that were totally out of order.

Uncle C said:
It was a late night outburst from Guy (posting as Race) responding rightly to 'criticisms' from fans that were totally out of order.

Can you remember the thread title?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Lokki 7 said:

It evolved out of another conversation I think.
I'm sure others will know of its whereabouts - particularly those that caught it from Guy;) ;) ;) ;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Whilst not tyring to villify McGhee and appreciating the fact that his hands are tied behind his back, I find his decisions baffling & his constant undermining of our strikers stupid.

Iknow the guy is not a psychologist but it doesnt take a genius to work out that if you keep telling the world & his daughter that we need a striker we need a striker, its not going to do the current crops confidence any good at all is it ??

The guy was a striker & good one at that. Surely he should be able to train our strikers how to score!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:

Think it was "Our defence is crap", do you have plenty of time on your hands? There are 230 replies and it was started on 21 November. I'd post a link but I can't make it work

I'll bounce it

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Mouldy Boots said:
It pisses me off that there are so many on here that have made a stand that Mark Mcgee is the perfect manager and even if he Didn't win another game to the end of the season you would stand by him - so how long will you actually give a failing manager.:angry: :censored: :angry:

True. Steve Gritt was sacked for less

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Guys outburst did include the splendid phrase: "We worked our cunts off for a result up there...."
:D

Icy Gull said:
Think it was "Our defence is crap", do you have plenty of time on your hands? There are 230 replies and it was started on 21 November. I'd post a link but I can't make it work

Thanks

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Some great lines from Guy :lolol: .

I remembered one of one of those lines and found the thread instantly

"f*** your rivalry with Palace" only had one match :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Re: Poor spirit - I blame the wind-up merchants

Uncle C said:
Now there are a few amongst us that think its a great wheeze to wind up the rest of the forum by continually slagging off McGhee and the team.

Well its a joke that has has turned sour.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people on here who cannot see its a joke and are easily led into equally vitreolic postings. I cant begin to analyse why this is. Perhaps they are children or perhaps they are just the sort of people that need to be loved.

What do we have then? - a downhill spiral that is accelerating till most fans get pissed off. Eventually, as in all crowd behaviour this transfers itself to the team.
f*** Sake. It's only an internet message board. Most people at matches probably don't even read NSC so how can you possibly blame 3 or 4 posters in the Magoo out brigade on here for making people at matches slag the team/manager off. People have a mind of their own and don't need a few internet geeks to tell them that A) Mcghee has made some shit team selections/substitutions this season and B) Mcghee has publicly fallen out with a number of players this season, which isn't a good thing whichever way you spin it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Mouldy Boots said:
It pisses me off that there are so many on here that have made a stand that Mark Mcgee is the perfect manager and even if he Didn't win another game to the end of the season you would stand by him - so how long will you actually give a failing manager.:angry: :censored: :angry:

Get real....we all know he is not the perfect manager, he is however the best man at this moment in time. Changing the manager will not help....................Who do you think would come to rescue us then Mouldy brain ..........Mickey Adams?..........Steve Coppell?..............Peter Taylor..............Step into the real world! Its a wonder Mark Mcgee does'nt walk..........But he wont not yet he is not a Quitter like some posters on here..........spose he could be sacked and we could have Hinslewood again:angry:

Those who back Mcgee are not lickarse just living in the real world :salute:
:albion: :bowdown:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the wind-up merchants

Billy the Fish said:
People have a mind of their own and don't need a few internet geeks to tell them

Have to disagree with you there.

Theres a real "wanna be in my gang" attitude at play on NSC.

If someone claims it OK to use the c--t then a whole bunch of copycats will join in.

If Ernest has a go at McGhee then all the children have to join his gang.

I've even seen posts saying "where are you now Ernest?". Some people dont have an opinion without being spoonfed.

Nothing personal B t F

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ernest said:
You make me sound like Gary Glitter :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

If the cap fits;) , but your only crime has been to tell the same joke so many times that I am sick of it and you have been on my Ignore list for months (made exception here). :wave:

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Gullsworth said:
Get real....we all know he is not the perfect manager, he is however the best man at this moment in time. Changing the manager will not help....................Who do you think would come to rescue us then Mouldy brain ..........Mickey Adams?..........Steve Coppell?..............Peter Taylor..............Step into the real world! Its a wonder Mark Mcgee does'nt walk..........But he wont not yet he is not a Quitter like some posters on here..........spose he could be sacked and we could have Hinslewood again:angry:

Those who back Mcgee are not lickarse just living in the real world :salute:

:albion: :bowdown:

I started to read your post then i realised its another arse licking mcgee can do no wrong fan.

So i thought i go and watch corrie instead its a lot more interesting!!!

:salute::albion:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Mouldy Boots said:

Seems to me it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. DK got shot of Hinshelwood The Elder for failing to use the loan system. It could be said that the same applies here when it comes to getting a striker in. I can't quite bring myself to believe that there's this great shortage of able-to-do-a-job strikers who fancy a place in the starting line-up of a Championship side.

Other teams in divisions lower than our's buy, sell and swap strikers quite happily, including some we've actually heard of. It's not the big deal we're being led to believe.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here