Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Poor spirit - I blame the wind-up merchants

Now there are a few amongst us that think its a great wheeze to wind up the rest of the forum by continually slagging off McGhee and the team.

Well its a joke that has has turned sour.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people on here who cannot see its a joke and are easily led into equally vitreolic postings. I cant begin to analyse why this is. Perhaps they are children or perhaps they are just the sort of people that need to be loved.

What do we have then? - a downhill spiral that is accelerating till most fans get pissed off. Eventually, as in all crowd behaviour this transfers itself to the team.

Why dont you give it a rest.:salute:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle C said:
Now there are a few amongst us that think its a great wheeze to wind up the rest of the forum by continually slagging off McGhee and the team.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people on here who cannot see its a joke and are easily led into equally vitreolic postings. I cant begin to analyse why this is. Perhaps they are children or perhaps they are just the sort of people that need to be loved.

What do we have then? - a downhill spiral that is accelerating till most fans get pissed off. Eventually, as in all crowd behaviour this transfers itself to the team.

It pisses me off that there are so many on here that have made a stand that Mark Mcgee is the perfect manager and even if he Didn't win another game to the end of the season you would stand by him - so how long will you actually give a failing manager.:angry: :censored: :angry:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C said:

Agreed. A jokes a joke but its getting out of hand, all the bandwagon jumpers need to shut the f*** up now.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Mouldy Boots said:
It pisses me off that there are so many on here that have made a stand that Mark Mcgee is the perfect manager and even if he Didn't win another game to the end of the season you would stand by him - so how long will you actually give a failing manager.:angry: :censored: :angry:

Go and spend some money in the club shop.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

Mouldy Boots said:

He took us up, he kept us up, we are still in the fight this season. What more do you expect on 7,000 gates?

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Re: Poor spirit - I blame the spoof posters

looney said:
He took us up, he kept us up, we are still in the fight this season. What more do you expect on 7,000 gates?

Don't get me wrong i was never thinking of play offs etc but i cannot remember so many strange tactical decisions and team selections by a manager - and then being proven right by the scoreline.

Do you not feel he is mixing things around far to often?

:nono:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I still have faith in McGhee, however i feel our goalscroring problem is because of him in some ways.

Has to give a partnership a chance.... they don't even get 90mins together let alone a run of games

Believe his constant switching has caused major confidence problems for CKR and especially Jakey who looks well short of confidence.

I think both of the above can cut it in this league...just need a run of games and backing from the manager

D

Deleted member 2719

blockhseagull said:
however i feel our goalscroring problem is because of him in some ways.

Has to give a partnership a chance.... they don't even get 90mins together let alone a run of games

Believe his constant switching has caused major confidence problems for CKR and especially Jakey who looks well short of confidence.

I think both of the above can cut it in this league...just need a run of games and backing from the manager
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle C said:

Utter bollox... there was no lack of team spirit, just a total inability to put chances away...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I didn't mention team spirit - you did.

What I am saying is that many of the team, and that includes McGhee, now seem pretty pissed off at the continual sniping by so called fans.

I have lost count of those that have mentioned it in interviews, in phone-ins, or even on NSC. It started to surface with Guys outburst on here.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle C said:
I didn't mention team spirit - you did.

What I am saying is that many of the team, and that includes McGhee, now seem pretty pissed off at the continual sniping by so called fans.

I have lost count of those that have mentioned it in interviews, in phone-ins, or even on NSC. It started to surface with Guys outburst on here.

I can see that but first of all people are perfectly entitled to express their opinions and I would say they're better here than at Withdean. The other point is that, as has been said over and over if you don't like it don't read the board. I don't agree with a lot that's said here but it's up to me whether I come on here or not.

Let's face it, most posters have been subject to pointless personal abuse at one time or another as it yet we still come back.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
bhaexpress said:
I can see that but first of all people are perfectly entitled to express their opinions and I would say they're better here than at Withdean. The other point is that, as has been said over and over if you don't like it don't read the board. I don't agree with a lot that's said here but it's up to me whether I come on here or not.

I would agree that feelings are better vented here than directly at the team while they are playing.

My point is, that this is like a cancer. A few posters get at players and McGhee for a wind up and others who are easily led jump on the band waggon. Most dont have an original thought in their heads.

I dont think you're naive enough to think that this sniping stays locked behind the closed doors of NSC. I hear it propagated in all sorts of ways.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle C said:
I would agree that feelings are better vented here than directly at the team while they are playing.

My point is, that this is like a cancer. A few posters get at players and McGhee for a wind up and others who are easily led jump on the band waggon. Most dont have an original thought in their heads.

I dont think you're naive enough to think that this sniping stays locked behind the closed doors of NSC. I hear it propagated in all sorts of ways.

I don't disagree with anything you say believe me and I'm sure you're right. It's just my way of trying to balance a lot of what gets posted even though a lot of the time it's little more than abuse (as you have admittedly said).

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
its alright saying leave him alone but all of us at sometome have quetioned his substitutions during a match,constantly changing the strikers and not letting 2 bed in together and form a partnership,buying players and then saying he's one for the future,falling out with players (how many does he have to fall out with until we say its his fault and not the players fault)are players sitting at home thinking am i going to be the next one he falls out with i'm not slagging him of but i do get very bemused with what he does but i.m a person that wanted Steve Cotterall as manager but we gor mcgee instead and my mate said we would have a lot of problems with mcgee as he was the same at millwall (and yes my mate is a millwall supporter) now thats my 2 pennies worth of my chest

Uncle C said:
It started to surface with Guys outburst on here.

When was this? I missed it, can you point me in the right direction as I'd like to read that.

As for all the sniping. I back McGhee and don't agree with it, but I do agree with freedom of speech, isn't that the point of a message board? The fact is there are lots of dis-illusioned fans right now and I'd rather they vent it on here then at the match.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
The fact is there are lots of dis-illusioned fans right now and I'd rather they vent it on here then at the match.

But, from what I saw at Bramall Lane, a small but vocal minority of particularly stupid individuals do it at matches as well. How this is supposed to help is quite beyond me.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
veade said:
its alright saying leave him alone but all of us at sometome have quetioned his substitutions during a match,constantly changing the strikers and not letting 2 bed in together and form a partnership,buying players and then saying he's one for the future,falling out with players (how many does he have to fall out with until we say its his fault and not the players fault)are players sitting at home thinking am i going to be the next one he falls out with i'm not slagging him of but i do get very bemused with what he does but i.m a person that wanted Steve Cotterall as manager but we gor mcgee instead and my mate said we would have a lot of problems with mcgee as he was the same at millwall (and yes my mate is a millwall supporter) now thats my 2 pennies worth of my chest

OK heres 2 examples of moaning:

1. "I question his substitutions during a match"

2. "f*** off McGhee"

The first is acceptable the second is not:nono: :nono: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here