Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ponchogate

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Something people will moan about anything :D

Only know about it because we all heard the commotion in the disabled area at half time.

Couldn't belief how much grief the poor stewards were getting.

Well over the top.

So what a few got given out for nothing to the Doncaster fans, I wouldn't expect the club to hand them to everyone in the south stand and I seem to recall that we were given a fair few free at Withdean during the early years.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Only realise I know about it was I heard how much grief the poor stewards were getting by the disabled area at half time.

Well over the top.

So what a few got given out for nothing to the Doncaster fans, I wouldn't expect the club to hand them to everyone in the south stand and I seem to recall that we were given a fair few free anyway at Withdean during the early years.

Yep were given a bit of grief but most were ok

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Only know about it because we all heard the commotion in the disabled area at half time.

Couldn't belief how much grief the poor stewards were getting.

Well over the top.

So what a few got given out for nothing to the Doncaster fans, I wouldn't expect the club to hand them to everyone in the south stand and I seem to recall that we were given a fair few free at Withdean during the early years.

It's bollocks though. Why should our fans pay a quid and their fans get them for nothing. Yep, okay, not enough for the whole south stand - but if they decide to give even fifty away they should go to fifty Brighton fans. Somebody somewhere made a complete cock up.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd just got there when it stated guy in glasses berating a stweard (Howard Adelaide actually) right I 'll give you my acdress and get the club to write to me to tell me why I go to pay a pound' a pound a f***ing pound if you are on here pal I will buy you a pocho next time you prick.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's bollocks though. Why should our fans pay a quid and their fans get them for nothing. Yep, okay, not enough for the whole south stand - but if they decide to give even fifty away they should go to fifty Brighton fans. Somebody somewhere made a complete cock up.

Sorry that's ridiculous.

Did you expect whoever did that to count how many they gave out and then return to the South Stand and give the exact amount away ?

Queue up for the poncho concessions !

Are we in the playground ?

What what I understand they ran out of the non Brighton ones, and rather than trying to sell the Doncaster fans something with an Albion logo on it (imagine if you'd been given that job :laugh: ) - they handed a few out.

I can't believe people have a problem with a few plastic bags being handed out to away fans, I really really can't.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Was I the only one who looked at the weather forecast today? It was due to rain - I saw people in just shirts and no coats! well, they were wearing trousers I suppose. And shoes. Clever fans.

Ponchogate........love it!

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
OH MY GOD it's only water for christs sake so what you get a bit wet you go home and get dry big deal get over it

Then you should have given your nice orange waterproof jacket to someone that wanted to stay dry :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

It's a POUND.

They weren't giving away diamond watches for christ's sake!!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Then you should have given your nice orange waterproof jacket to someone that wanted to stay dry :lolol:

Or like me they could have actually bothereed to look at the bloody forecast and go dressed prepared for it.

Did i turn up in a short sleeved shirt and just grab a fluro bib?

NO i took my waterproof coat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having like everyone else been treated like sh*t at certain away grounds, it's encouraging to see the club treating away fans with a bit of respect as well...

.. well apart from the view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here