Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Opinion of BHA

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Taking away the NB bit, that was pretty accurate. Sadly for him he didn't see our full front side!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
The sad rambling of a so-called Pompey fan, who cant be bothered to watch his own side when they are playing 50 miles along the coast.

Hardly surprising that he cant be arsed to watch them, when they have just been humbled at home by one of the worse teams in the league. A team that hovers around the bottom of League 2 year in, year out.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I think we're playing them at the right time.
Another exodus of players in the summer & an unsettled squad only 15 players at the moment. The only thing i can see hampering our game is their quagmire of a pitch.

Given this time in the season the pitch shouldn't be a problem. 2-0 albion

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well we haven't played that well in the first two competitive matches and still won them both, plus will hopefully have CMS and LuaLua back!. Come on you seagulls!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hang on...so we utterly outclassed them last season, and since then our team's got STRONGER and theirs has got WEAKER.

Like his logic.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're also laying into Kitson in another thread, so he's clearly not all that good either. Shame El Abd won't be playing, to wind him right up again. Never did like Kitson, whiny little arse that he is.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Taking away the NB bit, that was pretty accurate. Sadly for him he didn't see our full front side!

I agree with LondonBlue. I don't think there was too much to get upset about. I thinkwe can be predictable, and Gillingham handled us pretty well. But it is one thing knowing what we are going to do, and another preventing it. Especially when you are knackered from the chasing you have been given. In their shoes - as a seasoned Championship side I suspect I would have felt the same.

I hope their actual scouts came to the same conclusion. We want to be under-estimated.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I agree that we were way to predictable on Tuesday, we didn't move the ball quick enough and as a result made hard work of what should have been an easier game. Still, our winning menaglity from last season carried us through.

I fancy a 3-2 thriller at fratton park on Saturday. Can't wait...

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
i think that was from last night not Sat?

Interesting read, Kitson is not and have never been a decent player and Dunk and Greer should have him in there pocket. The wingers will run them ragged and I am going for a comfortable 2-0 win

Greer would have had Kitson in his pocket in the game last year but Kitson got sent off too early to find out

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
This must be the geeky person in front of me in the queue on the way home at Falmer station as I inadvertantly looked over his shoulder and could see the Pompey screensaver on his phone!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The more I think about it the more I think Gus was experimenting with tactics at the Gilligham game ahead of the visit to Portsmouth. I would have expected a 4-4-2 against a lower league side but instead he went for a more defensive 4-5-1 with the three centre midefielders more defensive than creative ball players. This meant it didnt break Gills down enough but it is more likely to work against Pompey on Saturday, especially if you bring in CMS and , possibly, KLL.

My only concern is that relying on the creativity of the wings and not having creativity in the middle CAN make us predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here