Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Opinion of BHA

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
They had one sub on the bench Tuesday and he was a goalie. They are there for the taking right now. We should SMASH them saturday!

" Should" being the qualifier here , things like that lead to a siege mentality and they'll definitely cause us some problem

writing them off is the first sign of madness

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
(I'm just nervous it's all going to go wrong)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
But this is the new Albion, not the old Albion. The old Albion would have lost saturday. The old Albion would have lost Tuesday :thumbsup:

THAT is a very good point.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They got a point at Boro on Saturday so they can't be that bad.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We are going to lose alot more games than last season, so don't be surprised if we lose on Saturday and maybe next Wed as well!

We just need to lower our expectations a tad, otherwise there will be alot of grumpy people on here!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We are going to lose alot more games than last season, so don't be surprised if we lose on Saturday and maybe next Wed as well!

We just need to lower our expectations a tad, otherwise there will be alot of grumpy people on here!

As much as I loathe Pompey, these are wise words. Despite their miniscule squad they can still put a decent team out and I do not expect it to be anything other than a very tough game indeed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As [MENTION=365]Dougal[/MENTION] might say, I've met Portsmouth FC in the flesh and I'm not interested in their opinion.

:lolol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why are people so confident in Beating Portsmouth, its not like we walked over Donny and Gillingham.

I think you need to respect all opposition no matter who it is.

They are still a more experienced team than we are player wise.

Yes we might have a great future, but right now we are the new boys of the league with very little championship experience, we shouldnt be thinking we are going to walk all over anyone in this league.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I loathe Pompey, these are wise words. Despite their miniscule squad they can still put a decent team out and I do not expect it to be anything other than a very tough game indeed.
Their fans are moaning at Cotterill and his absence of tactical nouse, they have a threadbare squad, they have just lost to the worst team not to be relegated from the league last season and morale is at rock bottom there. We have a new home, we have just been promoted, have shattered our record signing three times in the summer and have won our opening two games.

Please let me know when we're allowed to be confident, only it seems that those circumstances aren't enough with you right now.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The sad rambling of a so-called Pompey fan, who cant be bothered to watch his own side when they are playing 50 miles along the coast.

Hardly surprising that he cant be arsed to watch them, when they have just been humbled at home by one of the worse teams in the league. A team that hovers around the bottom of League 2 year in, year out.

The REAL Pompey fans went on Tuesday night and said how well Barnet played. Make no mistake the Bees will surprise a hell of a lot of sides this season with Lawrie Sanchez in charge. He'll be at a Championship or modest Premier League club soon if he keeps up the good work.

I cannot believe how bad Dave Kitson was. Their only player that looked threatening was Liam Lawrence. They'll have Tal Ben-Haim and Herman Hredairsson back from international duty but their threadbare squad looks limited this season for a Championship side and Albion have a great chance of taking home the points on Saturday.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
They will want revenge for last season... SC claimed we only won because they wrongly had a player sent off. We walked that game I thought, but oh well, I do tend to watch a different game to others.

I think this will be a tough test at their place and I would predict a narrow victory and no injuries for us please. 1-2 to the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here