Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey issued winding up petition

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Must have been terrible those years in the premiership and FA cup finals all on money they could not afford to spend.

Yeah as that was the fans fault :/ they cant help who the owners are, thats down the the administrators and previous owners, and the FA selling them to crooks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I feel the fans, the FA have alot to answer for, fit and proper person test my ass.

I hope they survive more for the fans than anything else.
The fans will still have a club to support because a new one will start. If the current club survives this will just keep on happening. Look at Palace - been wound up more times than a cuckoo clock and a year after their last escape they're still in the second tier and a game away from Wembley!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yeah as that was the fans fault :/ they cant help who the owners are, thats down the the administrators and previous owners, and the FA selling them to crooks.

You'll probably find that the F A didnt actually sell them to anybody ,that was at various time the owners or administrators. As for there fans they deserve f*** all, even palace put up some resistance when they were in shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The fans will still have a club to support because a new one will start.

Exactly what I said earlier. The fact that it probably wont be in the league and will have to go the AFC Wimbledon or Aldershot route is tough shit.

Time for Pompey to live within their means.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It is a hard one for me, because I feel sorry for their fans, but not for the club itself. Although I hate to see clubs going under, I do agree that for anyone to sit up and take notice, a big club is going to have to go. Pompey have so much bad financial history, it might not be a bad thing. No money, average players and a very shabby ground that needs rebuilding. But as I said it's a hard one for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I suggest you read up on your own club's history before making stupid statements like that one.

Quite so but to be fair to the FA (something I rarely say) they may well have been a bit flexible because who would have wanted to buy Portsmouth ? The FA want as little disruption to the league as possible so I can understand their actions.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You haven't been a Brighton fan very long have you?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The biggest fear for me is not that Portsmouth go to the wall because they should be driven there IMO. The fans will, as others have said, still have a club to follow because at best they will escape with a drop to League 1 and at worst, if it comes to it, they will reform under another name in a lower league.
But one look at Fratton Park and it's clear that no matter what happens they can't continue there for very much longer........ forget the £32m needed to meet current committments and debts, they need that and more on top to refit the ground. So whatever happens it seems they will need to go somewhere else to play their home games and having been there I feel sorry for their fans

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chainrai must be shitting himself at the moment , if there is no buyer for CSI next week he will have to fork out £1.6M to pay off the current debt to HMRC or face up to the fact the club gets wound up and the millions of £££''s he is owed vanishes into the ether.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One consistent factor in all of this has been the administrator. Was value has he added in that time?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One consistent factor in all of this has been the administrator. Was value has he added in that time?

The only value added by the administrator is to his employer's bank balance. There is always money to be made out of somebody else's misfortune.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The only value added by the administrator is to his employer's bank balance. There is always money to be made out of somebody else's misfortune.
wasn't he previously involved in another football club administration?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's not the fault of the fans. They have no control over how the club behaves, and being realistic they probably see the alternative to a bad owner as being even worse. I know a couple of Pompey fans and like most of us, they support and love their club but have little influence on how it's run. However the club needs to be shunted down the League or even out to the Conference to force the owners/administrators to run their business properly. It's not that long ago that Luton had a spin in the top division, but now they are in the Conference living on much lower Income & Expenditure and that's what should happen to clubs like Pompey. The fans will stand by them as I would the Albion.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Its genuinely quite staggering isn't it ?

"At the minute it would be ridiculous to get rid of players, especially if we can't bring any new ones in." - Michael Appleton

Just incredible head-in-the-sand stuff. How can they possibly justify turning these bids down in their current circumstances ?

I can recall us being forced to (reluctantly) sell Mark Beeney to Leeds for about £400k to stave off a winding up order from the Inland Revenue. Realistically they've got a week to raise this £1.6m, so any thoughts of turning down bids should have gone out the window.

What it it with Pompey ? They never seem to think the rules apply to them. PLEASE get this club wound up once and for all for christs sake. Its beyond a joke now.

I don't think we were reluctant to sell Beeney to Leeds. The speed and alacrity that Bazza went and cashed the cheque seemed to suggest that a lifeline had just been grabbed.......... and so it had. Only for us to jump into an even hotter frying pan

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

That's not his role. His role is to flog the horse before it dies

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The biggest fear for me is not that Portsmouth go to the wall because they should be driven there IMO. The fans will, as others have said, still have a club to follow because at best they will escape with a drop to League 1 and at worst, if it comes to it, they will reform under another name in a lower league.
But one look at Fratton Park and it's clear that no matter what happens they can't continue there for very much longer........ forget the £32m needed to meet current committments and debts, they need that and more on top to refit the ground. So whatever happens it seems they will need to go somewhere else to play their home games and having been there I feel sorry for their fans

They already have the solution.
pompey2.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You have to question, at best the competence of the administrator, and at worst his integrity. He seems to have been questionably close to some of the former senior personnel at Portsmouth FC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here