Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey - ha ha!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's hardly funny seeing a football club in that state.

Gav, how old are you ? Don't you realise that it's actually a duty to mock Pompey given their false position of the last few seasons ?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Wonder how long it will be before the single-key-pressing Peeeoommmmmpppeeyyyyyeeerrrr fans come and pay us an e-visit? Not long, hopefully, have not been called a poof for ages (especially by a team which has a long history of Sailors as supporters and have a penchant for shirtless hugging and bands of grown men who encourage young boys to follow them....Paulsgrove, anyone)?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I don't care what you lot think, i know it's their fault but it's still never nice to see it happen to a club.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The absolute worst that could happen is that they are wound up, but they reform as a new club and come back up from the lower leagues. Fratton is a Class 1 shithole anyway, so demolishing that and putting up a Burger King would not be a problem. They are sat on some good land (which Sacha owns!) and could arguably benefit from having the ground sold out from under them and sharing with, say, Southampton for a while. They currently have no goalkeepers with the season rapidly approaching, they are a complete car crash club now. If it was a race horse you would have pulled the screens around and loaded up the Mossberg.

God, please, if you read NSC, just read the one part about them being made to share St Mary's and make it happen!

Shit CLUB AND MANAGEMENT TEAM you fool. Why does the innocent fan have to suffer?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Shit CLUB AND MANAGEMENT TEAM you fool. Why does the innocent fan have to suffer?

Because some of their fans are wankers. They suffer by association and by virtue of the fact that they have been billy big-bollocks in the good times and don't like the bad times.

Not sure who you are addressing the "you fool" bit at there?

As I said, some of their fans are wankers.

Like some of ours.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Because some of their fans are wankers. They suffer by association and by virtue of the fact that they have been billy big-bollocks in the good times and don't like the bad times.

Not sure who you are addressing the "you fool" bit at there?

As I said, some of their fans are wankers.

Like some of ours.

Proving my point.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pedant.

Oh, and school doesn't have a capital S. :facepalm:

Maybe not your school. Don't know why you're getting so het up about Pompey, do you think they wouldn't laugh at us (as they have in the past) in similar circumstances (except we paid our bills in full) ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't care what you lot think, i know it's their fault but it's still never nice to see it happen to a club.

It completely is.
Sod all this moral high ground "i'm an amazing football fan, therefore I hope no club ever goes into administration or aaanything" bullshit.
This whole car-crash has been hilarious. Long may it continue :amex:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Yawn. The "long suffering fans" argument. Are these the same long suffering fans who went to Wembley twice and who revelled in winning the FA Cup? They got all that by conning everyone else in football - but I don't see any of them apologising for that and giving the cup back.

Can't have it both ways.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's hardly funny seeing a football club in that state.

Yes it is!!!

What's not funny is seeing the local businesses and charities who have been stuffed by the club pissing their money up the wall making millionaires even richer, while other creditors who need the money to survive aren't paid.

Pompey deserve everything they are getting ... and some.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I first started watching the Albion in 1975 I'm pretty sure Pompey were in the 4th Division. Here's hoping that they are on their way back there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness he has a point about the insurance implications from unlicenced use of the land - you wouldn't waste your time suing Portsmouth if you had an accident as they have no money. Under the laws of vicarious liability you would be advised to sue Gaydamark as he has got plenty.

He is also right about the administrator who is an arrogant tosser who is living the high life off the publicity and the fees he is getting and seems not to be in too much of a hurry to return to anonimity.

That aside I know I shouldn't laugh at the prospect of overpaid players having to pay parking charges just like people living in the real world.

I really shouldn't.

But I am :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He is also right about the administrator who is an arrogant tosser who is living the high life off the publicity and the fees he is getting and seems not to be in too much of a hurry to return to anonimity.

There is no incentive for Administrators to move quickly. The fees they are racking up must be massive. Plus it must be much more fun at a football club than some flange makers.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I never had a problem with pompy until i met one of thier fans in the midlands. Few years ago now, was on my way home from a match (away)and stopped off to grab some food, (Can't remember exactly where) Infront of me in the queue was a bloke with his missus, he turned around and said some thing along the line of "What the f*** you wearin?"
I calmly said "Brighton shirt, just on my way home from a match, why?"
he then stared at me for a few long seconds before stating. "Coz I'm Portsmuff and we hate you fuckin queer *****."
His missus started to tug on his arm as I replied, "Ok." Slightly suprised at this guys hostility to me.
He got served and left.
Then i got served and left.
Got just out the door and my friend reappeared and got all up in my face, guessing he'd sent his scanky whore to the car while he "dealt with he." (Obviously I didn't want any trouble, I just wanted to got home, this i tried to explain.) After verbally abusing me he then threw a punch which caught me on my left ear. (It's hard to block when your carrying a bag of food) So i instictively butted him full on in the face and left him screeming, bleeding and trying to hold onto a shop window.
Went to my car and made a sharp exit.
Got home to find out I had a cold jumbo sausage and chips, but i distinctively remember asking for a battered jumbo and chips. Bloody takeaway.

So. f*** PORTSMOUTH AND f*** THEIR FANS. WANKERS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here