Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey - ha ha!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bastards, transfer embargo lifted. Total wankers.

Wait for this new owner come in and them to be splashing the cash again very soon

Total c nts

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does this mean no points deduction for next season?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does this mean no points deduction for next season?

As I understand it, HMRC has already indicated that it would be taken to appeal court. I don't know if it's been lifted pending the appeal or stays until the appeal is heard

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As I understand it, HMRC has already indicated that it would be taken to appeal court. I don't know if it's been lifted pending the appeal or stays until the appeal is heard

I read that time has been booked for the appeal tomorrow and that both sides indicated they would appeal whatever the outcome. Should be a case of logistics now to get the papers in and have the case heard tomorrow. The Judge will be up all night writing up his judgement as he was hoping initially to just give a summary today but he will at least have to give the grounds of his judgement now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read that time has been booked for the appeal tomorrow and that both sides indicated they would appeal whatever the outcome. Should be a case of logistics now to get the papers in and have the case heard tomorrow. The Judge will be up all night writing up his judgement as he was hoping initially to just give a summary today but he will at least have to give the grounds of his judgement now.

Blimey, that's a bit sudden.

Have they really got three appeal judges hanging around waiting?

I thought this verdict was obvious because to find for HMRC would go against all custom and practice (as well as have massive repercussions for football) and a single judge might not want to have that on his hands.

However, an appeal court might be more willing to stick its neck out. It's hard to tell just hearing snippets of it but Portsmouth clearly have a more compelling argument than "We'll go bust otherwise, your honour", it would be interesting to hear what they are.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
According to the Telegraph HMRC are putting their efforts into contesting the league ruling of football creditors getting 100% and seeking more even rules for all creditors

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Oh well, Pompey survive by the skin of their teeth but will fail miserably on the pitch this season and we can laugh at them for being one of the Championships shittest teams. :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well, Pompey survive by the skin of their teeth but will fail miserably on the pitch this season and we can laugh at them for being one of the Championships shittest teams. :laugh:

Don't bet on it.
They're in a bit of a state squadwise right now, but they'll be receiving £42m over the next 3 years in parachute payments. Thats one HELL of a playing budget to have at their disposal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't bet on it.
They're in a bit of a state squadwise right now, but they'll be receiving £42m over the next 3 years in parachute payments. Thats one HELL of a playing budget to have at their disposal.

and if they want to , not pay any tax to the Revenue. :laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and if they want to , not pay any tax to the Revenue. :laugh:

Indeed.
They'll have no problem whatsoever attracting players with the huge tax-free contractual arrangements that they dish out.

They'll be back in the Prem in a couple of years, once the dust has settled.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't bet on it.

firstly they've already had the payment (or most of it) for this year. secondly, it hasnt helped alot of other clubs. its more now isnt it? but i dont think it will make much difference, i expect them to be in L1 next season.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
firstly they've already had the payment (or most of it) for this year. secondly, it hasnt helped alot of other clubs. its more now isnt it? but i dont think it will make much difference, i expect them to be in L1 next season.

I'm inclined to agree, even with the CVA they still have something in the region of £20-30m of debt to clear, I don't know the exact figure. Add in their tiny squad and the fact that the soon-to-be owner again, Chainrai, is only in it to get his money back through renting the ground to the club and won't go in for big investment in the playing side, and it could be a while before we see them in the Prem again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Portsmouth have been forced into a firesale to offload their big earners, be it through sales or loans, they're now down to a scratch squad so once the money kicks in I think they WILL benefit from it.

Plus this guy Chanrai will now buy the club back once they come out of administration. I daresay he'll have some money to throw around. It won't be turned round this season, but before long I reckon they'll be challenging again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here