Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Rougvie said:
Sorry, some of us do have lives in the close season, my missus puts up with me away EVERY Saturday Home or Away, so I return that respect by spending the close season with her, regardless of pre saeson friendlies etc etc.

I DONT need to make excuses to anyone:glare:

Oh no, because I was there on the seafront with some pals, cheering my team & having a couple of the jars on the seafront; generally enjoying being from Brighton....I haven't got a life!!!

Under the thumb!!! (Does she know you're on the PC?)

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nor do I, believe it or not there was a choice and it was free

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
smudge said:
Oh no, because I was there on the seafront with some pals, cheering my team & having a couple of the jars on the seafront; generally enjoying being from Brighton....I haven't got a life!!!

Under the thumb!!! (Does she know you're on the PC?)

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
erm, I didnt say anyone didnt have a life, and those on here who know me will tell you that I am certainly not under the thumb, I also know that I had a much better time than trudging down to the seafront, but if any of my mates had been up for a few beers I would have tagged along, funnily enough they were all doing other things :lolol:

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Rougvie said:
Sorry, some of us do have lives in the close season, my missus puts up with me away EVERY Saturday Home or Away, so I return that respect by spending the close season with her, regardless of pre season friendlies etc etc.

Well why didn't you just say that without all the matcho 'bunging one in the missus'.

That doesn't sound very respectful at all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It appears some Albion fans have " celebration parade fatigue ". I cannot be people could not be bothered to turn out to applaude and celebrate our promotion to div 1. Maybe its all a bit old hat now after 2 previous parades !.

This could be the last parade for a long time, god forbid. Surely Heaven and Earth on BBC 1 was not more attractive than cheering on your hero's ?.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Rougvie said:
erm, I didnt say anyone didnt have a life, and those on here who know me will tell you that I am certainly not under the thumb, I also know that I had a much better time than trudging down to the seafront, but if any of my mates had been up for a few beers I would have tagged along, funnily enough they were all doing other things :lolol:

Under the thumb you pussy!!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
OK, if under the thumb is a girlfriend who is happy that I am at football every saturday normally appearing wasted at 1 in the morning after an away game, and who was more than happy that my summer holidays were spent in Portugal with the lads at England games then I'm under the thumb !

I love it :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As I said I think the reason so many turned out for the last two was that they couldnt get tickets for the games so the parade was their chance to say 'well done' and what have you.

Because basically anyone who wanted to go could go to Cardiff, the celebrations were after the game and everyone said their thank yous during the laps of honour.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I could not be arsed to go and see them show off the trophy that we do not deserve. I believe you should not get a trophy for winning the play-offs as winning promotion is reward enough.

Even in the build-up to the Worthing game the leaflet they put out was saying they were playing against the "Play-Off Champions"...What is all that about? We obtained promotion, that is all is should be.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gareth Glover said:
This could be the last parade for a long time, god forbid. Surely Heaven and Earth on BBC 1 was not more attractive than cheering on your hero's ?.

Actually Heaven and Earth had a piece on Brighton today

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've got bloody stupid pink and glowing forearms now, thanks to the unforecast blazing sunshine & freely available Grolsch at the al fresco tables outside the Volks tavern. Damn Dick Knight and his all too frequent Victory Parades :angry:

(Warning: Smiley may not depict actual emotion. May involve use of irony)

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Now you see, if I knew you were there to buy me that pint you owe me Tom, then I probably would have made the effort.
:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Blame the council. They were the ones who wanted to give the team a civic reception.

Btw Rougvie, it is possible to do both.....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I was there... seemed very low key in comparison to the last 2... still, enough there to avoid complete embarrassment for the club... needed to be straight after the final, IMHO... else, loses it's impact...

My guess = 2,500 in attendance...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie, believe me I did try to round up the usual suspects but NOBODY seemed that bothered, and I dont really blame them, most of us were in Portugal, and then on the road with Sussex CCC, in fact this year has been a non stop sports fest.

The main thing really is that we will all be there home and away week in week out when the season does start, busness as usual eh Yorkie !!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was there right from King's House through to Madeira Drive and thouroughly enjoyed it despite the rain. I also have to agree with a lot of the sentiments echoed above about the speeches, I thought they were excellent, although "I have a dream" is perhaps best not paraphrased for something that although very important to all of us, is still only a game

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:

The main thing really is that we will all be there home and away week in week out when the season does start, busness as usual eh Yorkie !!

Too right Roug. See ya there :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here