Votes: 4 4.6%
  • The dog ate my Argus

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I wasn't there because i was busy doing something i'd pre-arranged which was rather exciting, but you don't need to know all about my life on an internet message board... I'd have been there if i wasn't busy probably but just because i wasn't there am i now not an Albion fan?...

:angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a small and intimate affair. It was worth going to give the club and deserved hand again but the turn out was poor, no point in denying it. Lesson's learned, hold the parade within 1 week if possible if not probably too late to have a major impact, Brighton in the middle of July is full of tourists, Londoners and forign students and it not the best place, hold it at Hove Town Hall.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I think that, all things considered, around 2500 was a reasonable turnout today. The atmosphere was good, the sun eventually came out and the speeches were amusing. Everyone who turned up seemed to enjoy it - I certainly did.
:clap: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
nope , i was in Weymouth

pretty good weekend by all accounts , :) loadsa fit birds

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
Where the hell was I?

Staffordshire, as it happens.

What with Andy Naylor ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would hardly have thought that photography learning from another learned "Lord" were required ;)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I live in London and was working on an assignment in Hertfordshire today, taking pictures of naked women. Tough job, but someone had to do it.

However, had the Falmer decision been announced by DK, I would definitely have driven down in time for the evening celebrations.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was there along with all the passengers who were in my car for the great day in Cardiff.

Don't blame people for not turning up, but I didn't want to miss it as I don't expect another such occasion for many years. It's only the fourth "civic reception" I can recall in the 35 years I've been going, though no doubt I may have missed others before the great internet meant that I don't miss a trick.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Beach Hut said:
I would hardly have thought that photography learning from another learned "Lord" were required ;)
I've seen the photographic evidence from Staffordshire but was down here so I'm still unlearnt! :D

P.S. I had a note from my mum, honest I did Mr. Glover, sir. And she says I'm not to do detention neither even though I didn't get to the parade.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
roz said:
I've seen the photographic evidence from Staffordshire but was down here so I'm still unlearnt. :D

:clap2: :p :lolol:

Beach Hut said:
Indeed.

LordLichfield2.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You bloody tell him - way to go girl :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I was working but think part of the reason is that it's far too late since the event. It's closer to next season than last.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You do despair at the lack of common sense within the club sometimes. When someone said: "I've got this brilliant idea, let's have an open-top bus parade in the middle of July for a promotion that 29,000 have already celebrated in May," was for someone to say: "Actually no, that's a crap idea."

Open-top parades are for champions, and perhaps these days promotion to the Premiership for a smaller club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here