• What parade ?

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • The dog ate my Argus

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
if there was to be a parade it should have been within a few days of the play off final. it's too close to the start of the new season now, people are on holiday etc etc now.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was there, front and centre. Very good it was too other than the idiot that kept twating me with his flag pole (oooh matron!)
The weather probably put a few people off, but once the sun came out it was lovely. Ideal for a little celebration, followed by a nice cold beer.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Thing is lads, i think we all agree that the parade should have taken place just after the final, if there should have been one at all...

However, the decision was taken to have the feckin parade, so i'm pretty annoyed with those of you that have posted on here with smug remarks like "had a nice lie in" or "couldnt be bothered" or "was hungover" etc. The parade was an opportunity for us to again demonstrate what great support we have, and we needed as many of us as possible to get out on the streets to do this, otherwise there was the distinct possibility of it backfiring and doing the opposite.

I spoke to a number of people that had travelled down from outside Brighton for the parade; and yet some of you that actually live in the area couldnt be bothered. Decent reasons have been given on this thread- Rougvie, joking aside i can understand what you're saying about your reasons for giving it a miss. But its disappointing that some others on here just couldna be arsed.

Very poor in my opinion :angry:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Well I didn't go, it's a long way from Newbury without the prospect of seeing any footie.

No I didn't have a lie-in. I got up, sat in the park & listened to my walkman.

You may think I'm stupid saving £ 25 odd in train fares by staying at home, but that £ 25 may well be going on a ticket to Reading. Then I've got another £ 25 bill on top of the price of my season ticket for every home game I go to.

Sorry I wasn't there, but I reckon I've paid my dues.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
34064 Fighter Command said:
Well I didn't go, it's a long way from Newbury without the prospect of seeing any footie.

No I didn't have a lie-in. I got up, sat in the park & listened to my walkman.

You may think I'm stupid saving £ 25 odd in train fares by staying at home, but that £ 25 may well be going on a ticket to Reading. Then I've got another £ 25 bill on top of the price of my season ticket for every home game I go to.

Sorry I wasn't there, but I reckon I've paid my dues.

Not sure if you're replying to my post Fighter (??), but i think i made it pretty clear that i WASNT referring to non-Sussex based fans. So if that is why you you've gotten yourself into a bit of a steam, i suggest you calm down.

Besides, its not about "paying dues"

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I was there.......gave me a good excuse to spend the w/e in my old home town, few bevvies on Sat night with the missus then cheer on the lads in the pissing rain on Sunday.....quality

:drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
coulnd't be arsed....and I preferred swimming at Burgess Hill

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'm not getting steamed up honest ! ( But I'd better get my arse in gear about a ticket for Reading now - I'm not convinced I can afford that yet, with Plymouth just 3 days afterwards ).

Anyway I went to the two earlier parades, had crap views at both & decided that this one was ' one for the gloryhunters ' :p :p .

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Lets put this one to rest eh?

Those who went had a good time (I hope!)

Those who didn't, did so for various different reasons and we must respect their wishes

Admin, please lock this thread ;)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Tooting Gull said:
You do despair at the lack of common sense within the club sometimes. When someone said: "I've got this brilliant idea, let's have an open-top bus parade in the middle of July for a promotion that 29,000 have already celebrated in May," was for someone to say: "Actually no, that's a crap idea."

Open-top parades are for champions, and perhaps these days promotion to the Premiership for a smaller club.

Spot on and as I said in my earlier post is that you do not deserve a parade/civic reception for winning promotion through the play-offs.

Had they done this parade within 2 weeks of the final I still would not have gone.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was in bed dreaming of having a nice lay-in on a sunday morning...and as it happens I woke up and had a nice lay-in on a sunday morning :)

Parade?...what parade?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I would have gone, but my partner had got me a ticket to see the new Spiderman fillum, so I went to that instead. Me and five million under 10's.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your all a bunch of fair weather fans and thats the end of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here