• An advertising hoarding would look great in the living room

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • If no ones looking I`m going for the clock

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fgt01

Jun 22, 2010
Ridiculous. Yes we've been there about 5 years too long but to say it means nothing is a bit silly. Would you rather have played another season or so at Gillingham? You quite simply must have been grateful that we had the opportunity to return to Brighton and play there originally. EVERY Brighton fan was. I know it has been tough over recent seasons and many like myself have grown tired but never forget it served a purpose.
Fair comment. Shit place for atmosphere but beats Gillingham any day!

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
I think we all should go round and sing a moving farewell song to John Catt - poor guy's only going to have world peace to worry about after we've gone.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Leaving Withdean will be a bit like leaving your mates house after you have kipped on his sofa for a few weeks, after he has put you up, cos you have left your marital home after 30 years (cos your missus was having an affair).

Appreciate the 'home' but not really what i would have chosen.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I won't do anything. Withdean will still be there unlike the Goldstone. Our temporary home has served us well but I well remember it for sports days, Lions Club fireworks, American Football etc long before the Albion tenure.

It will remain as a useful athletics/community facility (what about playing reserve games there?) so no need for souvenirs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Over in the prawn sandwich huts they are planning on putting a large marquee on the car park to allow them to offer a final match package to as large a number of fans as possible. No doubt plenty of ex players etc in attendance.

The whole day should be a bit of fune for everyone. And let's hope Attilla choses an appropriate track to play at maximum volume for Mr Catt.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Of course, it's easily possible that, come the Huddersfield match, we won't know if it's the last match or not. We may need a win at Notts County to make the playoffs.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
There'll be a pitch invasion at least. And perhaps a conga line round the running track?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean isn't ours to smash up, whereas the Goldstone had been ours and was due for demolition anyway. Wrecking Withdean would be more likely to leave you facing charges of criminal damage or theft....

I feel nothing for the place, we've had some good memories there but it's not somewhere I feel any kind of emotional attachment to.

This time next year is going to be the longest close season EVER.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Pitch invasion, I would imagine.

I've no personal interest in taking a seat or whatever. Withdean has done the job for the last decade, but it has never been home and I won't miss going there.

It's been a home to me. :) I'll miss going there, but it's about time we didn't have to. Our lovely new home is nearly ready.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Leaving Withdean will be a bit like leaving your mates house after you have kipped on his sofa for a few weeks, after he has put you up, cos you have left your marital home after 30 years (cos your missus was having an affair).

Appreciate the 'home' but not really what i would have chosen.

Yeah, but how many blokes get kicked out by the missus only to discover that she has knocked down the house and redeveloped the land formerly occupied by the marital home?

If you want to apply that sort of logic to the Albion, it would be like discovering she had been screwed by three different men over a long period of time, they then did the dirty on her...flogged off the house, gave her none of the proceeds, then packed her off to live in a caravan by the Medway.

Only, our story has a happy ending, we will soon relocate to a mansion with stunning views over the South Downs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here