Votes: 3 2.0%
  • If no ones looking I`m going for the clock

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Pitch invasion maybe but that's it. I can't believe that ANYBODY is even contemplating vandalising the stadium in order to get a 'souvenir'. Remember that unlike the Goldstone Withdean will NOT be demolished afterwards, the plan is to leave it as an asset for the city and any vandalism will just re-enforce the sterotype that all football fans are mindless thugs.

Also think of the negative publicity. The club are hoping to start a new era at Falmer, and instead they'll have to spend a lot of effort explaining away why Withdean was left as a ruined shell. (They might well have to pay to refurbish it). It will defintely take the gloss of the Falmer opening with people like LDC harumphing in the background that they were right all along.

This...

It WON'T be the last game at Withdean.

It will be the Albion's last game at Withdean.

I'm sure the place will have a long future as a second rate sports stadium for the city.

Dandyman

In London village.
I intend to decapitate the Head Steward and mount his severed head in the GDC trophy room.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It WON'T be the last game at Withdean.

It will be the Albion's last game at Withdean.

I'm sure the place will have a long future as a second rate sports stadium for the city.

Am l not right in thinking that the Albion will continue to play some reserve and youth team games at Withdean?, sure l heard or read that somewhere.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I want the corner flag :), but I will not be going as far as ripping out my seat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be making a BEELINE for the exits at the final whistle, and I WON'T be looking back.

I can't get away from that slum fast enough.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People who want to take souvenirs must be too young to have been to the goldstone. Withdean is nothing like a proper home and means nothing to me.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The last game at the Goldstone is very different to the last one at Withdean as the Goldstone was our traditional home ground, it was also being bulldozed shortly after the last game and by taking something, some fans may have felt they were in some small way keeping the ground alive and/or hoping some of the momentos could be taken and added to the new ground (where ever it was going to be) such as getting the bit of turf added to the new grounds pitch, thus providing a link between the two.

Withdean on the other hand was and has only ever been a temporary solution, fans haven't really accepted it as their home ground in the way that the Goldstone was and what it meant to everyone. Withdean will continue to be there after we leave, and anyone who wishes to reminisce can go back and see the ground again, something we were unable to do with the Goldstone.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
People who want to take souvenirs must be too young to have been to the goldstone. Withdean is nothing like a proper home and means nothing to me.

Ridiculous. Yes we've been there about 5 years too long but to say it means nothing is a bit silly. Would you rather have played another season or so at Gillingham? You quite simply must have been grateful that we had the opportunity to return to Brighton and play there originally. EVERY Brighton fan was. I know it has been tough over recent seasons and many like myself have grown tired but never forget it served a purpose.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I intend sprinting to the bus stop and using my four quid Surcharge Tax On Local People, sorry 'Travel Voucher'. for a free ride back to the Brewery Tap for the first time ever. Yay!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here