Votes: 3 2.0%
  • If no ones looking I`m going for the clock

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
those who elected for the clock are on a loser I'm afraid. It seems that others will definitely be looking :jester:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
i reckon every single person helps to tidy up and collect our rubbish. then we grab all the gear out of the offices and march it up to falmer LOL!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
big difference is that the Goldstone was being bulldozed, took some turf home then, but Withdean is going to be there for many years to come. What`s going to be worth taking?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I certainly don't want the clock, it seems broken more often than not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pitch invasion maybe but that's it. I can't believe that ANYBODY is even contemplating vandalising the stadium in order to get a 'souvenir'. Remember that unlike the Goldstone Withdean will NOT be demolished afterwards, the plan is to leave it as an asset for the city and any vandalism will just re-enforce the sterotype that all football fans are mindless thugs.

Also think of the negative publicity. The club are hoping to start a new era at Falmer, and instead they'll have to spend a lot of effort explaining away why Withdean was left as a ruined shell. (They might well have to pay to refurbish it). It will defintely take the gloss of the Falmer opening with people like LDC harumphing in the background that they were right all along.

Spot on, for me.

Also, imagine getting nicked, and getting a banning order preventing you from attending Falmer :eek:

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
I'd like for the club to thank Withdean residents. Who in my opinion have, on the whole, been very understanding and accomodating. Except when i park accross one of their driveways! But that's probably understandable. :hilton:
I'd also like the club to try to ensure that a 'legacy' is left behind, in that the 'facilities' are as good as possible for those using withdean after we are gone. Young athletes and the such like.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
let's smash the shit hole up

What a bloody crazy thing to say.

We all know that Withdean is far from being anything like the perfect place to play football, but we have still enjoyed a fair bit of success during our tenure there, and despite myself, l'll leave there for the last time with a heavy heart.

Yes, a 'shit hole' it may be, but its OUR shit hole, no one elses.

R.I.P Withdean.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
As said before, Withdean is utterly utterly shit. There is not one thing I will miss about it and cannot wait to be at Falmer. For a season or 2 at the start it was a relief to be back in Brighton after the horrid Gillingham days but Falmer will be superb. know one should feel sad leaving Withdean, I wont. Bring on Falmer, its going to be great!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ill be looking for the score on t'interweb

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Walking away, quietly, with a smile on my face haveing just applauded the new Division 1Champions and looking forward to next season at Falmer

Withdean is not the Goldstone & has never been our natural home.

At least the Albion will leave a lasting legacy there unlike the concrete jungle at the Goldstone.

Athletics are run every weekday night and the facilities are much better than in days byegone.

I really hope that the last league game of the season, the fans applaud the players off the field & leave the ground respectfully. If people start tearing up seats or ripping lumps out of the ground or cause wanton vandalism, I for one, hope that they get a life time ban from the Amex.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Corner Flag.

Oct 2, 2008
Withdean is not the Goldstone & has never been our natural home.

At least the Albion will leave a lasting legacy there unlike the concrete jungle at the Goldstone.

Athletics are run every weekday night and the facilities are much better than in days byegone.

I really hope that the last league game of the season, the fans applaud the players off the field & leave the ground respectfully. If people start tearing up seats or ripping lumps out of the ground or cause wanton vandalism, I for one, hope that they get a life time ban from the Amex.

I`ll put you down for the clock then !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
let's smash the shit hole up

Do you mind?

That is OUR "shit hole", the place that brought us back to Brighton (that some of us campaigned hard to come to Brighton for). We spent a lot of time and effort demonstrating to the locals that we are NOT the short of mindless thugs that would cause some criminal damage, and that those stereotypes of football fans should be left back in the 70's and 80's where they belong.

I have some VERY happy memories of promotions at Withdean, and that gives the old place a special place in my heart. let's show it some respect shall we.

Also, when people talk of "taking a seat" the stands are being pulled down, like the Goldstone was. The North Stand remains, and presumably the other stands are to be returned to the people we hire them from. Do Tony a favour, he's putting enough money in as it is, don't give him a massive, unnecessary cost for the destroyed stands.

Respect people, RESPECT.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'll end up just going with the mob - wouldn't MIND a seat but Brovion brings up a fantastic point

wouldn't mind some sort of momento from the "Withdean Era"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here