Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police 'find blood on walls of Madeleine abduction flat'

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Starry,
No matter what your views, and in your circumstances especially, i can understand them, i think i speak for most on here when i say i am absolutely disgusted at what was put on Anastacia's website, and hope you find out who they are, please put the link to the website back, a lot of good has come from it, and one ignorant moron shoudn't stop that good work.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Starry,
No matter what your views, and in your circumstances especially, i can understand them, i think i speak for most on here when i say i am absolutely disgusted at what was put on Anastacia's website, and hope you find out who they are, please put the link to the website back, a lot of good has come from it, and one ignorant moron shoudn't stop that good work.

absolutely agree. I have probably been the most vocal against your opinion on this thread but to do that is just disgusting. What's wrong with people?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just getting back to the McCanns for a moment (well, why not), is there a danger of them starting to be viewed in the same way as Lindsay Chamberlain (Dingo baby case) and Joanne Lees - ie people who have had terrible things happen to them, but for some reason just don't get perhaps the level of sympathy you might expect?

It just seems to be tilting that way this week. Or rather the Portuguese police are trying to do just that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm guessing that the view of most people now is "She's dead, deal with it".

Why should they get much sympathy when they left 3 kids alone? Yes, it's every parents nightmare, but if they were there it wouldn't have happened. That's life, shit happens.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Why should they get much sympathy when they left 3 kids alone? Yes, it's every parents nightmare, but if they were there it wouldn't have happened.

Sums it up 100% for me.

Stumpy Tim

Why should they get much sympathy when they left 3 kids alone? Yes, it's every parents nightmare, but if they were there it wouldn't have happened. That's life, shit happens.

That's an absolutely awful thing to say... terrible. "You made a bad parenting decision (in hindsight) so you don't deserve sympathy about your kid being murdered or kidnapped"

Lovely

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tooting's point was about the public perception of the McCanns, and I was passing comment on what I honestly believe is the majority feeling on this subject now.

Clearly, if they were personal friends of mine I might have a different take, but it wasn't a bad parenting decision in hindsight, it was a bad parenting decision period.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's an absolutely awful thing to say... terrible. "You made a bad parenting decision (in hindsight) so you don't deserve sympathy about your kid being murdered or kidnapped"

Lovely

What Timmy said.

However, I do think people who seem to be laying a large portion of the blame on the police are doing so unfairly.
Yes they have made mistakes however it was not them who the child alone.

Im not sure who said it the other day but i agree with the point that the police's man downfall was keeping things hush hush, which of course they have too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tooting's point was about the public perception of the McCanns, and I was passing comment on what I honestly believe is the majority feeling on this subject now.

Clearly, if they were personal friends of mine I might have a different take, but it wasn't a bad parenting decision in hindsight, it was a bad parenting decision period.

Without having seen much of the press out there I would suggest that would be the main view of the news out there.
The Portuguese love children and the idea of family so I suspect would not understand why a family on a family holiday didnt spend time together.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Lovely

That's not the point though, these two have hogged the front pages for god knows how long because they are a good looking, white middle class couple, and whilst you can't blame them personally for wanting to keep the campaign in the public eye, the reality is that there are hundreds of child abductions every year and this is just one case. They made a neglectful parenting decision whereas a lot of other child abductions happen in circumstances where the parents are not to blame and yet these receive little more than a paragraph tucked away somewhere inside a newspaper.

Lovely

No, they made a bad parenting descision. No hindsight is needed. They chose to go to a bar and drink instead of staying in with the children or making adequate arrangements for the children.

Bad descision. No hidnsight needed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No, they made a bad parenting descision. No hindsight is needed. They chose to go to a bar and drink instead of staying in with the children or making adequate arrangements for the children.

Bad descision. No hidnsight needed.

Totally, I can't understand why anyone on here would seek to play down or defend what was purely and simply selfish child neglect.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Totally, I can't understand why anyone on here would seek to play down or defend what was purely and simply selfish child neglect.

This is what I cannot understand whatsoever.

I do class it as neglect, but because as stated before it's a middle class professional couple it seems to take the edge off what was neglect

I don't claim to be the worlds best dad but how on earth you can comfortably leave your children alone is beyond me it really is.

My heart goes out to them but my sympathy is with that poor innocent child.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This is what I cannot understand whatsoever.

I do class it as neglect, but because as stated before it's a middle class professional couple it seems to take the edge off what was neglect

I don't claim to be the worlds best dad but how on earth you can comfortably leave your children alone is beyond me it really is.

My heart goes out to them but my sympathy is with that poor innocent child.

Is what they did against the law over here?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Christ - the perfect parents are out in force - apparently all feeling better about themselves. I am sure I could look at any couples looking after their children and highlight areas where their children were "at risk". This goes from grandparents to other relations, to childminders, to nurseries, to parents being on their own.

Give them a break. They made a mid-judgement. Their child likely as not has paid a horrible price. But has every decision you have made been for the total benefit of your children ? No thought not.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Christ - the perfect parents are out in force - apparently all feeling better about themselves. I am sure I could look at any couples looking after their children and highlight areas where their children were "at risk". This goes from grandparents to other relations, to childminders, to nurseries, to parents being on their own.

Give them a break. They made a mid-judgement. Their child likely as not has paid a horrible price. But has every decision you have made been for the total benefit of your children ? No thought not.

:thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well it stand to reason they must be capable of anything if they left three young children asleep in an apartment in walking distance from the restaurant when on holiday. They shoud be strung up for that alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here