Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police 'find blood on walls of Madeleine abduction flat'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you misunderstood, I am not blaming the McCann's for personally abducting/murdering or whatever has happened to that poor little girl, but for their behaviour in thinking it is OK to leave three babies home alone, that allowed 'whoever' chance to get to Madeleine and for this situation to occur. It was their hands that left those babies alone and there can never be any justification for that on any level.

I'd rather be self righteous and shameful if it means my children are cared for, but that's the deal I signed up for when I became a mum.
What a crock of pious, self-rightous, smug, self satisfied horseshit.

You know f*** ALL about those people's circumstances, they made a judgement call that - according to a poll on here not so long ago - almost half of the parents on here would have gone along with (37 to 48).

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?t=104729

Personally, I'm not sure whether I'd have left my kids under those circumstances - but I'm not going to judge the McCann's for doing so.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
my wife is many things but i wouldn't have her any other way and if she thought leaving three babies alone so we could go to dinner was a good idea she wouldnt be my wife nor have the honour or birthing my off spring.

people judge others all the time my wife has been racked over the coals on everything from feeding our kid in public to the school our older ones go to. if the worst thing she does this week is think the mccanns made a poor choice and should not have gone for dinner without providing care for their children, then she deserves her housekeeping.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Something changed a bit for me yesterday in the way I feel about the McCanns, just leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the actual night in question for a moment.

Did I actually hear Kate McCann say 'we'd like for the media to leave us alone and respect our privacy?'

You what? We're talking about a very pushy and very personal media campaign driven by the parents that is absolutely unprecedented in a case like this. A lot of people think it was a bit weird, and that they should have been with the other children. And that it has been given a profile in other countries that is slightly inappropriate given how many other missing kids there are in Europe.

Maybe they are just being very naive, but to shove stuff down the throats of the media for 100 days and then turn round one day and say 'that's your lot' is not going to do them any favours. They chose to go down that path where many wouldn't have, and they're stuck with it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Something changed a bit for me yesterday in the way I feel about the McCanns, just leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the actual night in question for a moment.

Did I actually hear Kate McCann say 'we'd like for the media to leave us alone and respect our privacy?'

You what? We're talking about a very pushy and very personal media campaign driven by the parents that is absolutely unprecedented in a case like this. A lot of people think it was a bit weird, and that they should have been with the other children. And that it has been given a profile in other countries that is slightly inappropriate given how many other missing kids there are in Europe.

Maybe they are just being very naive, but to shove stuff down the throats of the media for 100 days and then turn round one day and say 'that's your lot' is not going to do them any favours. They chose to go down that path where many wouldn't have, and they're stuck with it.
Why do you feel any different though? First of all they wanted the media interest, but now with a result looking increasingly unlikely, they're sick of it. I think that's a perfectly understandable - if unrealistic reaction.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
my wife is many things but i wouldn't have her any other way and if she thought leaving three babies alone so we could go to dinner was a good idea she wouldnt be my wife nor have the honour or birthing my off spring.

people judge others all the time my wife has been racked over the coals on everything from feeding our kid in public to the school our older ones go to. if the worst thing she does this week is think the mccanns made a poor choice and should not have gone for dinner without providing care for their children, then she deserves her housekeeping.

Although i, or my wife have never left our children sleeping, whilst going somewhere else (Other than in our own house) I dont think for one minute that they could of expected this outcome, and must be sorely wrapped in guilt over what has happened, however i do understand why in your own personal circumstances, you would utterly condemn their course of action.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you feel any different though? First of all they wanted the media interest, but now with a result looking increasingly unlikely, they're sick of it. I think that's a perfectly understandable - if unrealistic reaction.

I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy, but fair enough, you do wonder if it's what she wanted, all the media scrum. It's certainly what he wanted. If that is the case and they are no longer united on the issue, there must be fears for them as a couple. It is, in any case, already a horrible thing to get over and move on from.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm missing the point I think. Why is everyone cross with Starry?
Well I can't speak for "everyone" (I presume you mean the 3 of us who expressed an opinion) but this is the piece that particularly got up my nose:

I'd rather be self righteous and shameful if it means my children are cared for, but that's the deal I signed up for when I became a mum.

Because the insinuation is that anyone else who doesn't agree with what the McCann's did and then continually expresses moral outrage at what they did is clearly not fulfulling their obligations as a parent.

I don't think you need to be a parent to find that grossly offensive.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
On a side issue, is it very, very wrong of me to want to comfort the mother in a very loving, caring MILF-u-like kind of way? Hate me for saying it but at least I'm being honest about it, unlike, say, the picture editor of the Daily Telegraph.

Incompetent and greasy foreigners, wanky self-righteous tosh about how much of a lather some people work themselves into over caring for their kids - and a blonde MILF. Doesn't this story just tick every Fleet Street box in one fell swoop?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well I can't speak for "everyone" (I presume you mean the 3 of us who expressed an opinion) but this is the piece that particularly got up my nose:

Because the insinuation is that anyone else who doesn't agree with what the McCann's did and then continually expresses moral outrage at what they did is clearly not fulfulling their obligations as a parent.

likewise . absolutely beyond the pale, some of the stuff she's written in this thread.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

not sure why my wife stating that when she became a mum it is her place to ensure the children are cared for gets up your nose? but different strokes and all that. anyone who does leave their kids alone is not fulfilling their obligations as a parent. there is no grey area there, black and white as far as i am concerned.

I side with Tooting on this one. The McCann's have had more exposure and benefit from the media than any parents suffering similar tragedy, anywhere, ever. To turn around now and say "just leave us alone" seems not only ungrateful, but counter-productive to their whole campaign. They have of course been incredibly unfortunate and under immense stress throughout, but their conduct has struck me as strange on many occasions.

So, these caring parents left madeleine alone for 20-30 minutes (or so they claim) and in that time somone enters the appartment, kills or seriously injures the child such that blood stains are now found on the walls, has time to clean the blood stains up so well it has taken 3 months and a specially trained sniffer dog to find them and still has time to leave the appartment without being noticed.

Sorry, but if this blood IS maddys then the parents story is complete bollocks quite frankly. Either it was a lot longer than 30 minutes or something else doesn't quite add up.

On a side issue, is it very, very wrong of me to want to comfort the mother in a very loving, caring MILF-u-like kind of way? Hate me for saying it but at least I'm being honest about it

Yes it is VERY wrong you heartless bastard. Have you no shame? I f***ing saw her first.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
wonder how long before the book comes out :nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
not sure why my wife stating that when she became a mum it is her place to ensure the children are cared for gets up your nose? but different strokes and all that. anyone who does leave their kids alone is not fulfilling their obligations as a parent. there is no grey area there, black and white as far as i am concerned.

bollocks. It was a lapse when on holiday. People let their guard down. No-one, not even your wife is the perfect parent.

Everyone thinks the McCanns made a bad choice. So when you say

if the worst thing she does this week is think the mccanns made a poor choice and should not have gone for dinner without providing care for their children, then she deserves her housekeeping.

I wouldn't disagree. Don't think anyone would. She didn't just think that though, did she? Where it does get sickening is when your wife states that the McCanns have blood on their hands. The insinuation is that they as good as did it themselves. If only they'd been the perfect parent like your wife......

...so when I say shame on her for saying it, your wife acts the martyr. "Let them burn me at the stake"..."I'd rather be self-righteous and shameful/it's what I signed up to when I became a parent"

Buzzer ( a bad parent)

I think you misunderstood, I am not blaming the McCann's for personally abducting/murdering or whatever has happened to that poor little girl, but for their behaviour in thinking it is OK to leave three babies home alone, that allowed 'whoever' chance to get to Madeleine and for this situation to occur. It was their hands that left those babies alone and there can never be any justification for that on any level.

And me when I became a Dad,

to me the point has always been, you don't not leave them alone because a mad axe wielding fiend from outer space will come in, boil them alive before undertaking satanic rituals on them, whilst you're having a party etc

but because if the little ones wake up, become sick, they need you to be there.

This is even more important, when you are staying elsewhere and they are disorientated.

Only the other night we heard a noise and found our 3 year old at the top of the stairs.

We needed to be there comforting her not bellying down loads of pints.

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here