Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police 'find blood on walls of Madeleine abduction flat'

You only have to look at the parents state to realise they are loving (therefore not bad) parents.

Those two do not go together. There are parents around my area who obviously love their children but quite frankly would struggle to raise a cabbage patch doll and most certainly are bad parents. To be a loving parent does not make you a good one.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
excuse me for being uninformed, but how old were the other children who were with her when she disappeared? wouldn't the police have interviewed them? if so, what did they say?
But all foreign police, everywhere in the world, are utterly incompetent, so they probably forgot to ask them. Or something. At least that's what I read.

The mother is a gp and the father a consultant cardiologist. They are not short of a couple of quid to pay for a babysitter. And if they were then how did they have the money to pop off and spend more money than it would have cost for a babysitter in a restaraunt.

And it was a damn sight more than 20 yards away from the appartment.

Sorry, but as I said, something about the parents story simply does not add up.

AND TO ADD, WHAT DOES CHECKING UP ON THE KIDS EVERY SO OFTEN MEAN,

iF THEY WAKE UP HAVING A NIGHTMARE, THEY NEED YOU THERE, NOT SCOFFING WITH YOU'RE MATES.

IF THEY ARE WALKING AROUND THE APARTMENT, SCARED LOOKING FOR YOU, THEY NEED CUDDLES THEN NOT HALF A HOUR LATER, AFTER YOU COME BACK IN, AFTER A FEW DRINKS.

A PARENT RESPONSIBILITY IS TO THEIR CHILDREN NOT TO THEIR MATES.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You only have to look at the parents state to realise they are loving (therefore not bad) parents. I think that in this instance, this is more than just a bad call and is downright irresponsible. Anything can happen at anytime but this was just tempting fate a little bit too much. A fact that I'm sure hasn't escaped the McCann's and one I'm sure they don't need preaching too about now.
Tempting fate? How often are sleeping children abducted whilst sleeping barely 60 seconds walk from their parents?

Everyones an expert after the event.
Too true.

Those two do not go together. There are parents around my area who obviously love their children but quite frankly would struggle to raise a cabbage patch doll and most certainly are bad parents. To be a loving parent does not make you a good one.
Very true, and I've seen worse examples of crap parenting than what the McCanns are guilty of.

shame those arent the facts though. as they stated there was no babysitter in the flat because they didnt want to leave the children with strangers. but were/are happy using the kids club all day.

leaving three babies aged 3 and under is negligent. i dont care how far away you go, how often you check back, chances of a fire. if you close your front door and leave three babies alone, then well. its the kids i feel sorry for.,

Basically there were on holiday with their mates, the children were a wart they didn't need, they ****** up and Madeline has suffered.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Yes yes, I know you don't agree with me. But WHY?

I agree with your assessment on some of these points - but not all. I still maintain that they are guilty of little more than making a judgement call that was different to the one I would probably have made under their circumstances. There are plenty of selfish people out there - it doesn't necessarily make them all bad parents because we all have character traits we'd rather not have.

They were wrong to leave their children and they know they were wrong

A clear case of irresponsible parenting that has led to a four year old girl possibly losing her short life which they should be held accountable

If this was a single mother from whitehawk, she would be chastised without remorse.

I accept your viewpoint, but I believe it to be wholeheartedly wrong.

AND TO ADD, WHAT DOES CHECKING UP ON THE KIDS EVERY SO OFTEN MEAN,

iF THEY WAKE UP HAVING A NIGHTMARE, THEY NEED YOU THERE, NOT SCOFFING WITH YOU'RE MATES.

IF THEY ARE WALKING AROUND THE APARTMENT, SCARED LOOKING FOR YOU, THEY NEED CUDDLES THEN NOT HALF A HOUR LATER, AFTER YOU COME BACK IN, AFTER A FEW DRINKS.

A PARENT RESPONSIBILITY IS TO THEIR CHILDREN NOT TO THEIR MATES.

LC, if you look back on what I have written you will find I am not disagreeing with anything you have said. I think there is something extremely questionable about the parents account of what happened.

Try this tonight, cut yourself and spray a little blood around a little on the walls. Then wipe it off, wipe if off so efficiently that it cannot be seen by the naked eye but needs a specially trained sniffer dog to find it. See quite how long it takes to clean up that well. If it is less than 30 minutes you've done a good job.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
LC, if you look back on what I have written you will find I am not disagreeing with anything you have said. I think there is something extremely questionable about the parents account of what happened.

Try this tonight, cut yourself and spray a little blood around a little on the walls. Then wipe it off, wipe if off so efficiently that it cannot be seen by the naked eye but needs a specially trained sniffer dog to find it. See quite how long it takes to clean up that well. If it is less than 30 minutes you've done a good job.

Not saying you are wrong, but the blood particles could be airborne i.e within her breath. So they may not have been seen by anyone, let alone leave a stain. Still the question is why has it taken this long to even test for blood stains. I thought that would have done within the first few days.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But all foreign police, everywhere in the world, are utterly incompetent, so they probably forgot to ask them. Or something. At least that's what I read.
In all seriousness, we'll never know in this case. I can't understand why they have a law in place which means the police cannot speak to the media. I'd have thought clarity and accountability to the public were paramount if a country is to trust its police force. Take the accidental shooting of an innocent Brazilian in Brixton. Can you imagine the outcry if the police were able to say nothing about it?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Tempting fate? How often are sleeping children abducted whilst sleeping barely 60 seconds walk from their parents?

More often than sleeping children who are in the same building as their parents.

Anyway, as I said earlier we all know better now. I'm going home now (i think its unfair to leave my 5 year old on his own beyond tea time). Hopefully he sorted his breakfast and dinner ok.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Not saying you are wrong, but the blood particles could be airborne i.e within her breath. So they may not have been seen by anyone, let alone leave a stain. Still the question is why has it taken this long to even test for blood stains. I thought that would have done within the first few days.

Because it was being treated as an abduction rather than a murder?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Take the accidental shooting of an innocent Brazilian in Brixton. Can you imagine the outcry if the police were able to say nothing about it?

I'd rather they had shut up rather than all the lies they kept coming up with which embarrased this country!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They were wrong to leave their children and they know they were wrong

A clear case of irresponsible parenting that has led to a four year old girl possibly losing her short life which they should be held accountable

If this was a single mother from whitehawk, she would be chastised without remorse.

I accept your viewpoint, but I believe it to be wholeheartedly wrong.
Fair enough but I think your single mother from whitehawk comment is a bit of a cheap shot at anyone who disagrees with you, unless you are referring to the media. I for one would not chastise such a person for making the same call as the McCanns.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd rather they had shut up rather than all the lies they kept coming up with which embarrased this country!
Indeed, but lies can be uncovered, as indeed they were. It is rather more difficult to get to the truth if the police can say f***-all and then point the finger at the county's laws.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fair enough but I think your single mother from whitehawk comment is a bit of a cheap shot at anyone who disagrees with you, unless you are referring to the media. I for one would not chastise such a person for making the same call as the McCanns.

likewise, Simster. I got absolutely ripped apart on here for saying how tragic it was and how I could feel pity for the single mother from Eastbourne who bought her child heroin.

...and again when I said the same thing after she'd killed herself in prison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here