Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police at the Palace game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why not treat them like human beings and maybe they will behave like them. Keeping BHAs on at Selhurst did not work as there was 2000 very angry fans in mass and there was no Wing mirrors left on the way back

SE20 appreciate your views, but the Amex is unique and loads of Brighton fans stay and drink for quite some time after a game, so this could cause issues. Let them out at the same time, not all football fans are thugs

Sadly while 99 % will behave, this policy will result in someone who doesn't want to be involved getting hurt.

Personally, I'd get the Palace fans out of the area as soon as possible if it were up to me, but I'll be drinking in the stadium for at least 90 mins or 2 hours afterwards, so to be honest it doesn't bother me either way.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
How about they let everyone go at the end of the match without delay, treating anyone who causes trouble with the full force of the law while letting the vast majority get on with their lawful business?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have you only just started going to football games? !

Yes, yes I have, only started in the 70's so what do I know about the huge rucks that took place in Hove Park. To be fair though I thought that the troublemakers on both sides were f***ing arseholes then and I still do; anyone who brags about "mixing it up" is, frankly, a twat.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Out of 30000 people a few will get hurt who were in no way looking for trouble.
Unfortunate for them but not a big deal. The % of attenders injured well probably be far less than at a primary school.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Yes, yes I have, only started in the 70's so what do I know about the huge rucks that took place in Hove Park. To be fair though I thought that the troublemakers on both sides were f***ing arseholes then and I still do; anyone who brags about "mixing it up" is, frankly, a twat.

Who is bragging about mixing it up? Just a bit of perspective thats all. You will be fine i am sure.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Out of 30000 people a few will get hurt who were in no way looking for trouble.
Unfortunate for them but not a big deal. The % of attenders injured well probably be far less than at a primary school.

It's probably a big deal to them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have absolutely no issue with being kept back after the game, I usually stay for a few jars anyway, and it's St Paddys day - why not make it a PAAAAARRRTEH!!!!

In fact I would go so far as to say I would be pissed off mightily if we get kicked out of our own ground so that the inbreds can spend an extra half hour/hour tearing the away end concourses to bits. Kick the nigels out, and let us have a beer :thumbsup:
Is it just me who doesn't particularly like drinking at 1:30 on a Sunday?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
They can't keep the Palace fans in the ground as it will not work with large numbers of Brighton fans staying for a beer plus the usual "hard boys" hanging around for a ruck. Best bet would be to reverse an arctic lorry to the away fans exit herd them all in then drive up to beachy head and empty the lorry over the cliff, might solve the problem for the next few years.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Righto here we go [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Main points of the meeting tonight, full minutes tommorow

Palace allocated 2600 tickets
Capacity on the day will be 28500
Strong police presence, want to interact with fans but remain low key
Ground will open at 1000
Palace fans directed to pubs in West Street
Palace bringing 20 of their own stewards
No planned hold back for Palace after the game but welcome to stay in the ground. Could change on the day
One way system in operation, those leaving west stand directed right, will have to walk around the east stand to access the park & ride
Special train direct to Croydon 45 minutes after the game
Queue management at Falmer station to stop people lobbing things off the bridge etc
Game beamed back to Selhurst
Bhafc fans that have a history of trouble have been warned, last chance saloon!
No palace drum, thank f*** :)
Increased random searches of bags etc

Thanks to Richard Hebbard & Chris Baker for their hospitality this evening, free piglets pies :)
Thanks to OB Darren & Andrea from Sussex Police

Darren P

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Well that's absolutely ridiculous not keeping them behind.

I can see this time being worse.

Great decision police, idiots.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Ground will open at 1000
No planned hold back for Palace after the game but welcome to stay in the ground. Could change on the day
One way system in operation, those leaving west stand directed right, will have to walk around the east stand to access the park & ride
Queue management at Falmer station to stop people lobbing things off the bridge etc

Thanks to Richard Hebbard & Chris Baker for their hospitality this evening, free piglets pies :)

Darren P
Again??? :catfight:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Ground will open at 1000

Darren P

So mass segregation, about 2000 seats!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Ground will open at 1000
Special needs train direct to Croydon 45 minutes after the game

Darren P

Corrected for you

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well that's absolutely ridiculous not keeping them behind.

I can see this time being worse.

Great decision police, idiots.

What good would it do? Those on our side who want trouble would simply loiter in the ground for 30 minutes, along with thousands of others who regularly stay. The Amex is unique in that respect as, at every other ground, supporters are encouraged to leave, so they do. Here, loads stay.

Believe it or not, most Palace fans are quite civilised, just like most of ours. Why should they be penned in simply as some sort of token gesture because the Met police insisted on treating us like cattle up there?

So really just the same crap as last time. Lets march them through the centre of Brighton and then through the station onto the waiting train.. What a crock of shit, dont let them drink in city centre ffs, asking for trouble yet again.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
secretly move the game to 3pm saturday but dont tell the palace fans? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here