Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police at the Palace game

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So really just the same crap as last time. Lets march them through the centre of Brighton and then through the station onto the waiting train.. What a crock of shit, dont let them drink in city centre ffs, asking for trouble yet again.

Agree fully with this.

Any football fans that are down West Street on a Sunday morning are likely to be looking for trouble. Police should place a Section 45 in the area that gives them the power to search fans for them to produce their match ticket and check for drugs, bottles of alcohol, sharp objects, flares etc - A WARNING TO THEM! If you're not doing anything wrong, you've got nowt to worry about eh?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Keep them in for an hour. It's not like there's a limited amount of time to get them back to London, the police have all afternoon.

The sensible approach would be to keep them back for an hour - just like we were up there - and then load them onto special trains at Falmer heading straight to East Croydon, as the police did for the recent Millwall match.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Same as last time then. That worked !!!!

Concourses open at 10am so couple hours to get fuelled up. Chances are that at the end of the game thousands more BHA will be leaving at the same time.

Will be trouble , stories and melt down on here but overall I'm sure no one will get seriously injured or die

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
How about they let everyone go at the end of the match without delay, treating anyone who causes trouble with the full force of the law while letting the vast majority get on with their lawful business?
So much this. There is going to be loads of police in attendance, those who act in an unlawful fashion can get nicked while the rest of us can get on with our livies.

Keeping people back from either side is not right. To have obtained a ticket in the Palace end you have to be a season ticket holder so make it clear anyone arrested from either side has a banning order and season ticket withdrawn.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Righto here we go [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Main points of the meeting tonight, full minutes tommorow

Palace allocated 2600 tickets
Capacity on the day will be 28500
Strong police presence, want to interact with fans but remain low key
Ground will open at 1000
Palace fans directed to pubs in West Street
Palace bringing 20 of their own stewards
No planned hold back for Palace after the game but welcome to stay in the ground. Could change on the day
One way system in operation, those leaving west stand directed right, will have to walk around the east stand to access the park & ride
Special train direct to Croydon 45 minutes after the game

Queue management at Falmer station to stop people lobbing things off the bridge etc
Game beamed back to Selhurst
Bhafc fans that have a history of trouble have been warned, last chance saloon!
No palace drum, thank f*** :)
Increased random searches of bags etc

Thanks to Richard Hebbard & Chris Baker for their hospitality this evening, free piglets pies :)
Thanks to OB Darren & Andrea from Sussex Police

Darren P

This is possibly the worst piece of policing planning i have ever seen. So on full time, as the scummers are hearded down to the station to catch the special service, the entire stadium will either be coming back the other way towards them OR waiting in the queues at the station. Utter madness.

I really don't understand why the club go out of their way to accomodate Palace fans at these fixtures. Yeah come and drink in town, you're welcome, special train up to the ground, leave at the end and we'll put you on a nice special service home again. Compare that with what happens when we visit them.

When half the ground empties at the 80 minute mark, especially the people with kids and the people who have to get from the West Stand all the way round to the bus and coach park by going the long way round, we'll know who to blame.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So they're going to be marched down to West St and back again, marvellous :facepalm: this will be carnage

Well it will be full of pissed off south London chavs who cant get a drink and pissed off Brightons Albion football widows who now have lost there husbands to a full days boozing and football on a sunday god forbid, I know who my moneys on if the two sets of angry bitches clash while the vast majority of Albion faithful will be at the ground getting a pint in before and after the game.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Was also at the meeting and all of these issues were discussed in full, the turning right out of the stadium also affects me in the SWC but seems to have been thought out, it will cause a bit of inconvenience but there is a limit to forward planning in a non residential area, wouldn't be surprised however if plan B wasn't deployed, we were advised to put word around to anyone that might want to sneak alcohol past the search cordon onto Albion territory, this would be confiscated along with the match ticket and could result in a ban, sure I heard that right

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Was also at the meeting and all of these issues were discussed in full, the turning right out of the stadium also affects me in the SWC but seems to have been thought out, it will cause a bit of inconvenience but there is a limit to forward planning in a non residential area, wouldn't be surprised however if plan B wasn't deployed, we were advised to put word around to anyone that might want to sneak alcohol past the search cordon onto Albion territory, this would be confiscated along with the match ticket and could result in a ban, sure I heard that right

yeah but Plan B is fairly pointless if it's not broadcast in advance. if you don't tell people that the scummers are being kept in, some will leave super early.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I'm missing the game as will be skiing (only weekend I could go skiing for free) so my son's and my season ticket were going to go to one of his school mates and his dad. Is the game on sky?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the shame is that the trouble i experienced last season was from our own fans who thought it clever to throw stones at the crowd waiting the train on the bridge and platform, because about 5 palace fans were there.

C

CT1

Clearly the safe solution is to keep home fans in for a while while the away fans are marched onto coaches / P&R buses, or a waiting direct train to croydon via lewes.

Then let out home fans.

Any palace fans who this doesn't suit can be kept behind and put on a train to brighton later.

What about the fans that like leaving at half time?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That plan is an absolute shambles. Whats the point in fans attending a meeting like this if the outcome is basically a rerun of last seasons chaos?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Keep them in a pen after the match for up to a week if necessary without food and water and then gas the survivors. Extreme ? But of it stops trouble. And remember these are not normal people.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
My chauffeur will be driving to park the car at the uni as usual I shall walk to stadium as usual have 3/4 pints before the game watch us beat Palace then walk back to car as usual and be driven home to have a celebratory st Patrick's day Albion win drink back at my local pub , don't know what all the fuss is about just go about business as usual and all have a good day if your not looking for trouble you won't find it

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
My chauffeur will be driving to park the car at the uni as usual I shall walk to stadium as usual have 3/4 pints before the game watch us beat Palace then walk back to car as usual and be driven home to have a celebratory st Patrick's day Albion win drink back at my local pub , don't know what all the fuss is about just go about business as usual and all have a good day if your not looking for trouble you won't find it

This. (Apart from the chauffeur bit.) Early train for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here