Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police at the Palace game

fireball

Jan 24, 2010
There was trouble at lewes last year . Before the game this year the trouble will be after 12 oclock kick off not the best move . come on you seagulls

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Seems strange that the game is on a Sunday at 12pm because the police are worried about it kicking off and now they are putting all the Palace fans in a pub and letting them leave the ground whenever. If they were going to do this why couldn't it be a 3pm Saturday game?

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Everybody pouring down to little Falmer station again. Well Done.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They obviously see last year as a success

The daft thing is they really don't! They admitted as much in a court of law.

Can't believe they are letting them drink on West Street again!?! [MENTION=18997]nomoremithras4me[/MENTION] did they say how they plan to get Palace fans that do that to the ground? The only way I could see viable is if they laid on buses for them.

If they take them up Queens Road again then the same thing will happen. Perhaps that is what they want? Plenty of people suggested last year that it wasn't an old bill f*** up it was a honey trap.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My money is on this being the actual plan, not yet announced:

Palace fans kept in for 15-20 minutes whilst most Albion fans exit the ground, then rolling kettling of Palace fans around the West side of the stadium to arrive at Falmer after most other fans have left and then train back to London.

If they allow Palace fans out at the same time again it will be a complete joke.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I also don't get the pub thing. Surely they should just close the pubs until 12, isn't that the point of having a 12pm kick off?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Is it just me? but I went last year and saw a little trouble on the bridge with some yobs throwing stones at football fans! (both Palace and BHA standing together) and that was it. I see worse on a Friday night in East Grinstead!!

Christ we are all wetting out pants about nothing..I used to watch football in the 70s and 80s and it really used to kick off then at every game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it just me? but I went last year and saw a little trouble on the bridge with some yobs throwing stones at football fans! (both Palace and BHA standing together) and that was it. I see worse on a Friday night in East Grinstead!!

Christ we are all wetting out pants about nothing..I used to watch football in the 70s and 80s and it really used to kick off then at every game.

Yes it was great fun waiting for the stones which you could not see coming ready to take your eyes out, still as long as its only one eye that's ok, my memory of the 80's was those who wanted trouble didn't take the cowardly route and through stones and didn't attack their own fans. There were not both fans together onthe bridge either.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So mass segregation, about 2000 seats!

personally i would have asked for more, the smell from those fuckers can be quite abhorrant!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seems strange that the game is on a Sunday at 12pm because the police are worried about it kicking off and now they are putting all the Palace fans in a pub and letting them leave the ground whenever. If they were going to do this why couldn't it be a 3pm Saturday game?

Because there is 3 hours less drinking time ???

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011

Yes it is just you.

BBC News - Arrests after Brighton and Crystal Palace fans clash

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If I remember right Hulls ground is designed to keep the maximum distance between home and away fans at all times, when entering and leaving same as Millwall.

millwall is odd - you are caged separatey all the way from the ground to the station then they merge the supports for the last 50 yards......very strange.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Are u going this year?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
let everyone out at the sametime - have loads of police at falmer station, brighton station and the park and ride buses.

Most people dont want to fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here