Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
woy_zpsc2f33cf9.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone know when sky will up date the planner as I need to sky plus the game as I am working till 1630

Nope.
Hit the 'services' button > hit select > hit the right arrow three times and you should be on 'manual record'

You can set a timer manually.

Edit: I'm still waiting for the newest firmware on my sky plus, so that might not be the same route for you - you need that top menu to go to 'options' to access the manual record page

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why not ?

Apparently both teams have to agree to it being closed and the polish team didn't want it closed. (I suspect they thought the game would go ahead but the pitch would be sodden and make it difficult for england to play).

EDIT: then the couldn't close it because it was raining too hard

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Bunch of softies - Games at the Goldstone v Bristol Rovers late 80s and Sheffield wednesday in 70s had more water on the pitch, the only decision then seemed to be that a large crowd was already present so games had to be played.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Only saw it once, but the ball went backwards?

It's onside if the player receiving the ball is behind the player passing it when the ball is hit. The ball can still go forward and it is still onside. Hope that clears things up. The goal was onside. More importantly, glad the England team and management got off the pitch without serious injury.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's onside if the player receiving the ball is behind the player passing it when the ball is hit. The ball can still go forward and it is still onside. Hope that clears things up. The goal was onside. More importantly, glad the England team and management got off the pitch without serious injury.

It has nothing to do with the player passing it, or the direction of the ball.

A player is in an offside position if he is ahead of the ball and there are fewer than two opposing players between him and his opponents' goal. Being in an offside position isn't an offence unless, in the opinion of the referee he is involved in active play (by interfering with play, interfering with an opponent or gaining an advantage by being in the position).

In this instance, he is not offside because he was judged to be behind the ball when it was played (looking at the goal on youtube, you can't really see him until the ball has been played, even so, looking at where he appears from on the video it does look marginal - otherwise he would have been because there was only one opposing player closer to the goal than him).

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Bunch of softies - Games at the Goldstone v Bristol Rovers late 80s and Sheffield wednesday in 70s had more water on the pitch, the only decision then seemed to be that a large crowd was already present so games had to be played.

Does anyone remember New Years Day 2001. Micky Adams was doing his nut, the amateur groundsmen the Council employed to look after the pitch were scratching their heads wondering what to do. But the game was still played (and we lost 2-0 as somehow Southend managed to adapt to the conditions better). I still didn't get as wet that day as I did against Carlisle at the end of 2006. I think the Brewery Tap carpet got a complete clean from all the wet coats draped over its radiators that day.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There was also a game against Bradford (I think) which we won in a goalfest, 4-3, or 3-2. That was quite possibly the wettest I remember getting at Withers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well.

Looks like a 3.30 finish for me tomorrow then, so I can hack it back to the pub for kickoff. The things I do for this country.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I see that the game will kick off at 4pm , was this time agreed upon after ITV objected to FIFA that it would interfere with the regular scheduling of Coronation Street if it was an evening kick off ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here