Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

plymouth latest

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's already been done a few days ago :L

I started it and I did it as a matter of interest if their record was expunged. No sign of 'I'm worried now' ... I would suggest chucky goes and writes for a sensationalist tabloid, would be right up his street finding a London bus on the moon.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
And why should the fans who've families have followed the club for 124 years have the heart ripped from their community just because of those self same individuals?.

It's they who should pay not the fans, history and tradition of Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

Did you deserve to die because of Archer and Bellotti?.

Should the rest of football have taken that attitude on the eve of Fans United?.

Nah!.

Latest is that all the remaining staff were called in today (you may recall they've all been unpaid since before Christmas and 16 were made redundant last week, alternatively you might still not give a shit) they were all told to sign an agreement that they would continue to work unpaid until April, if they didn't sign they could leave. Some signed some had had enough and walked, unsurprising given how they've been treated.

Brendan Guilfoyle is the first administrator in football to work whilst himself being unfunded. Christ alone knows why he started it (although thank god he did) but if the preferred bidder concerned doesn't agree to fund him while they conduct due dilligence then we fold with immediate effect. It would appear (and it's absolute chaos up at Home Park at the moment so no-one really knows what has happened) that the preferred bidder can't pay until April (hence the staff agreements). It all sounds a bit 'the cheque is in the post' to me and frankly it doesn't bode well for that bidders chances of securing a CVA with £13m debts to negotiate.

The scheduled press conference ahead of the weekend home game with Rochdale was cancelled, there are apparently fears we'll be unable to fullfil that fixture. If so further points deductions would follow and in truth we'd go under. If you still don't 'give one' - we beat Saints and haven't played the home game yet so they'd gain six points on you straight away, do I have your attention again clippedgull?.

For staff and the 'fighting fund' fans have raised over £13,000 but the debts are so huge and the cashflow so stagnant that it's p155ing in the wind. Please DON'T take this as a plea for contributions because I don't feel outside fans should. Morally it's our problem, although we're pretty much powerless.

It's a fast paced news story down there so probably in the time i've taken to write this it's all changed again but it's really not looking good today.

I know it was only one of you and thanks for the supportive comments of the majority but just when you feel your day has got as bad as it can get a kick in the nuts isn't all that welcome. You respect your fellow fan, irrespective of colours, especially on the way up......because you never know when you're gonna need then on the way down.

Excellent post, well worded and informative. Cheers.

The situation certainly sounds very bleak and I suppose no-one can take anything for granted regards the 'always saved in the end' theory.

I sincerely hope that tomorrow brings better news and a breakthrough in negotiations...at least there are interested parties in dialogue with the administrators - that provides at least some reassurance and hope.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Apart from the self-interest angle, it would be horrendous if Plymouth went bust - they are a club very similar to us - good fanbase, travel in numbers, possibly under-achieving compared to potential, etc, etc. We also owe them a huge debt of gratitude after one of their fans started Fans United.

I see you can donate to their fighting fund:

Sort Code: 11-18-11

Acc No': 12858072

Name: Ian Newell

Paypal E mail is iannewell@blueyonder.co.uk

Don't forget, you have to let Paypal know it's a donation, so there will be no charges.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Apart from the self-interest angle, it would be horrendous if Plymouth went bust - they are a club very similar to us - good fanbase, travel in numbers, possibly under-achieving compared to potential, etc, etc. We also owe them a huge debt of gratitude after one of their fans started Fans United.

Don't forget, you have to let Paypal know it's a donation, so there will be no charges.

Your completely correct. We should so support.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And why should the fans who've families have followed the club for 124 years have the heart ripped from their community just because of those self same individuals?.

It's they who should pay not the fans, history and tradition of Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

Did you deserve to die because of Archer and Bellotti?.

Should the rest of football have taken that attitude on the eve of Fans United?.

Nah!.

Latest is that all the remaining staff were called in today (you may recall they've all been unpaid since before Christmas and 16 were made redundant last week, alternatively you might still not give a shit) they were all told to sign an agreement that they would continue to work unpaid until April, if they didn't sign they could leave. Some signed some had had enough and walked, unsurprising given how they've been treated.

Brendan Guilfoyle is the first administrator in football to work whilst himself being unfunded. Christ alone knows why he started it (although thank god he did) but if the preferred bidder concerned doesn't agree to fund him while they conduct due dilligence then we fold with immediate effect. It would appear (and it's absolute chaos up at Home Park at the moment so no-one really knows what has happened) that the preferred bidder can't pay until April (hence the staff agreements). It all sounds a bit 'the cheque is in the post' to me and frankly it doesn't bode well for that bidders chances of securing a CVA with £13m debts to negotiate.

The scheduled press conference ahead of the weekend home game with Rochdale was cancelled, there are apparently fears we'll be unable to fullfil that fixture. If so further points deductions would follow and in truth we'd go under.
If you still don't 'give one' - we beat Saints and haven't played the home game yet so they'd gain six points on you straight away, do I have your attention again clippedgull?.

For staff and the 'fighting fund' fans have raised over £13,000 but the debts are so huge and the cashflow so stagnant that it's p155ing in the wind. Please DON'T take this as a plea for contributions because I don't feel outside fans should. Morally it's our problem, although we're pretty much powerless.

It's a fast paced news story down there so probably in the time i've taken to write this it's all changed again but it's really not looking good today.

I know it was only one of you and thanks for the supportive comments of the majority but just when you feel your day has got as bad as it can get a kick in the nuts isn't all that welcome. You respect your fellow fan, irrespective of colours, especially on the way up......because you never know when you're gonna need then on the way down.

great post!

I'm sure Plymouth will survive but there are tough times ahead and the next club to go down may just slip away quickly without notice or support until it's too late unless fans everywhere understand and make clear to the money men that it is the grass roots and lower leagues that are the life blood of football without which the pack of cards that is the premier league and champions league would collapse.

Interesting updates here

PASOTI View topic - Just back from Home Park - Guilfoyle

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
Plymouth Argyle staff given pay ultimatum - from the BBC

Office staff and players at Plymouth Argyle have been told they must agree to defer their salaries or the club will close, BBC Spotlight understands.

The club's ultimatum comes after all of their potential buyers failed to agree to fund wages and costs until the end of the season.

Non-playing staff are believed to have been asked to accept a postponement of their pay for March and April.

The players have been told to accept a delay of their wages for March.

Earlier this month Plymouth were docked 10 points for entering into administration.

The club's administrators had given potential buyers until noon on Monday to bid for the League One club, with an announcement on the successful buyer expected on Thursday.

Instead, staff at Home Park were greeted with the news that they would once again have to go without pay to ensure the club's short-term survival.

The BBC understands that despite no news on Argyle's new owners, talks have been continuing with the parties involved.

On the pitch Argyle are currently 22nd in League One, three points from safety.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

Might be worth a certain TB popping a few quid over given the investment he's made in getting us championship football next year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not permitted to have involvment in 2 clubs but should he wish could TB or somebody similar with money give a donation of £50k if they wished. I would assume that would be ok provided it was an anonymous donation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Might be worth a certain TB popping a few quid over given the investment he's made in getting us championship football next year.

Breach of FL regulations. No individual can have a financial interest in two FL clubs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It is not permitted to have involvment in 2 clubs but should he wish could TB or somebody similar with money give a donation of £50k if they wished. I would assume that would be ok provided it was an anonymous donation.

Think you could donate £10m. The issue isn't giving money (and I mean giving as opposed to lending or handing over in return for something) - it's having an interest. And an interest involves equity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think you could donate £10m. The issue isn't giving money (and I mean giving as opposed to lending or handing over in return for something) - it's having an interest. And an interest involves equity.

If I was as wealthy as TB I wouldnt give that amount of money, but I might be minded to give a donation of £50k had I been the chap who won £17.7m just to preserve Brightons good season but sadly I wasnt the chap who won it. To circumvent the rules give it or loan in the name of a relative and then allow them to be repaid or otherwise as the situation evolves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The problem for Argyle is the administrators will want their fees paid sooner than later , interested parties will have to cough up to get preferred bidder status otherwise the club will fold so the administrators can sell the assets to guarantee their wedge.

Olebut

Nov 4, 2010
Gloucestershire
Shouldn't the football league be more proactive in supporting a club like this, surely a loan to help pay the wages , Premiership clubs get so much cash from Sky etc. that you would have thought by now someone would have twigged that the smaller clubs are suffering.

As I have sia dthe points deduction system is farcical, and to penalise othe rclubs with a points deduction is equally daft which technically means if you beat Plymouth you lose out if you lost to them you win

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Shouldn't the football league be more proactive in supporting a club like this, surely a loan to help pay the wages , Premiership clubs get so much cash from Sky etc. that you would have thought by now someone would have twigged that the smaller clubs are suffering.

As I have sia dthe points deduction system is farcical, and to penalise othe rclubs with a points deduction is equally daft which technically means if you beat Plymouth you lose out if you lost to them you win

Where do you draw the line? I guess any sort of intervention would act as another safety net and perhaps not discourage overspending.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Let's be honest if we would lose zero points and Southampton 6 we would still not want Plymouth Argyle to go under, it does not matter what effect it has on our season Plymouth must not go out of business.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If I was as wealthy as TB I wouldnt give that amount of money, but I might be minded to give a donation of £50k had I been the chap who won £17.7m just to preserve Brightons good season but sadly I wasnt the chap who won it. To circumvent the rules give it or loan in the name of a relative and then allow them to be repaid or otherwise as the situation evolves.

Were you dropped on your head as a child by any chance? That post makes about as much sense as you wanting two great clubs to go bust to even up our potential points deduction. 'Sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here