Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

plymouth latest

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
If the admin isn't worried no-one else should be.

Oh thanks for that LB, i'll sleep just fine now :lol:.

That came in as I was posting, not sure now much of a brave face he was putting on or indeed how much positive spin but todays crisis is explained below in a cut/paste post from the head of our fans Trust........

I have been down at Home Park as I got word that Brendan Guilfoyle would be returning with Peter Ridsdale at about 5.30pm. True to his word he was and the assembled media and myself were able to speak to him. He's done an interview for Spotlight which they are running with tonight. The mani points he revealed are as follows;

He is STILL negotiating with two parties. One he met locally and the other was done by conference call. Negotiations will continue into tomorrow. Clearly there is still a little way to go until he can confirm a preferred bidder status but time is running out and I sensed he wanted certainty before he went back to Leeds after the game on Saturday.

With regard to the request for the staff and players to defer their wages he explaineed that after 14 days of the administration process under employment law he would have had to taken on the responsibility of paying their wages himself. He confirmed he cannot employ someone without the ability to pay them. That is illegal. He confirmed that the staff had received legal representation and some were represented by the Unite Union. They were asked to defer their wages until 30th April or they were free to leave. The players were represented by the PFA and have agreed to defer their wages until 31st March.

The game on Saturday will go ahead because not least it is real opportunity to earn much needed cash for the club. I met Gary of the Green Taverners and I was shocked at the simple things that are just not being provided. We both felt that today was a real lowpoint and if ever there was a case for the fans to rally round it is now. I see Ian has posted elsewhere about the importance of digging deep. We are all in this together and never has it been more important to remain united and everyone of us do all we can as the club continues its fight for survival.

We are well and truly in the hands of Brendan Guilfoyle. The immediate responsibility for ensuring the club survives as a Football League club is in his hands. Make no mistake about that. I was able to speak to him and I stressed the responsibility he has to speak to all fans directly and not through the media. I am pleased to say that he did accept the invitation to address the Trust meeting at the Lower Guildhall on Saturday morning even if, in his words, 'I have to stand Peter Ridsdale down!". The only caveat of course is if he is still negotiating with a preferred bidder...............

By "fans digging deep" he of course means ours, it's not a plea to you. The game on Saturday is on it would seem and I guess we just take each daily crisis as it happens.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Oh thanks for that LB, i'll sleep just fine now :lol:.

That came in as I was posting, not sure now much of a brave face he was putting on or indeed how much positive spin but todays crisis is explained below in a cut/paste post from the head of our fans Trust........

I have been down at Home Park as I got word that Brendan Guilfoyle would be returning with Peter Ridsdale at about 5.30pm. True to his word he was and the assembled media and myself were able to speak to him. He's done an interview for Spotlight which they are running with tonight. The mani points he revealed are as follows;

He is STILL negotiating with two parties. One he met locally and the other was done by conference call. Negotiations will continue into tomorrow. Clearly there is still a little way to go until he can confirm a preferred bidder status but time is running out and I sensed he wanted certainty before he went back to Leeds after the game on Saturday.

With regard to the request for the staff and players to defer their wages he explaineed that after 14 days of the administration process under employment law he would have had to taken on the responsibility of paying their wages himself. He confirmed he cannot employ someone without the ability to pay them. That is illegal. He confirmed that the staff had received legal representation and some were represented by the Unite Union. They were asked to defer their wages until 30th April or they were free to leave. The players were represented by the PFA and have agreed to defer their wages until 31st March.

The game on Saturday will go ahead because not least it is real opportunity to earn much needed cash for the club. I met Gary of the Green Taverners and I was shocked at the simple things that are just not being provided. We both felt that today was a real lowpoint and if ever there was a case for the fans to rally round it is now. I see Ian has posted elsewhere about the importance of digging deep. We are all in this together and never has it been more important to remain united and everyone of us do all we can as the club continues its fight for survival.

We are well and truly in the hands of Brendan Guilfoyle. The immediate responsibility for ensuring the club survives as a Football League club is in his hands. Make no mistake about that. I was able to speak to him and I stressed the responsibility he has to speak to all fans directly and not through the media. I am pleased to say that he did accept the invitation to address the Trust meeting at the Lower Guildhall on Saturday morning even if, in his words, 'I have to stand Peter Ridsdale down!". The only caveat of course is if he is still negotiating with a preferred bidder...............

By "fans digging deep" he of course means ours, it's not a plea to you. The game on Saturday is on it would seem and I guess we just take each daily crisis as it happens.

I wish you all well and hope that you can finish the season, for us and for you guys...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know that this may seem a silly question but would it make a tremendous difference if the game on Saturday was a sell out. If so the temporary answer to achieve that rests with people of Plymouth. Their game the following week has been cancelled due to international call ups so no more financial drain on expenses to play that game. It would appear that they are going to keep going from crisis to crisis in an attempt to complete the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Am I right in thinking our EIGHT point gap will fall to just two or three and we have a real risk of actually having our entire season battered by this? What would seem a at least comfortable run in would become crucial game after game? Imagine if this happens and we don't go up due to those points lost, the butterfly effect of this could be disastrous for us.

As others have pointed out, we currently have a five point gap, with three games in hand on Huddersfield in 2nd, and 6 points and two games on third placed Peterborough.

If points and goals v Plymouth are removed the table would look like this:

withoutplymouth110317.jpg

There is an instance of the FA over turning the removal of points, insisting instead on 3 points being awarded for unplayed games. If that happens again, the table would look like this:

plymouth320110317.jpg

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Brendan Guilfoyle has been here before, with Palace, and he saw them through the crisis.

I wish Argyle well. I think that they will live to fight another day. The night is darkest just before dawn.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I hope the Plymouth fans rally round, attend the game, put money in buckets and prove against all odds your club WILL survive. Good luck to Plymouth and your great supporters!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It is a sad day when you read things like this. I know there is the argument about the board have over spent and so deserve it blah, blah, blah. But the fans certainly don't. As has been already been said, we of all supporters should have sympathy for the situation down there. X Isle, I can do nothing practical to help, but you and you're fellow Pilgrims are in my thoughts, and I wish you nothing but the very best in your fight for survival.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
X Isle - what happened to the previous board that the current/recent lot tookover from?

Weren't you trading in a profit and had bought the ground of the council for a relatively small sum?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry X Isle I posted before refreshing and seeing your contribution. From an outsider point of view I think you'll get a buyer. Administrators, being as they are, accountants, are notoriously downbeat, means I feel a little trust in him not saying the future is black, I feel you'll find a buyer.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It is a sad day when you read things like this. I know there is the argument about the board have over spent and so deserve it blah, blah, blah. But the fans certainly don't. As has been already been said, we of all supporters should have sympathy for the situation down there. X Isle, I can do nothing practical to help, but you and you're fellow Pilgrims are in my thoughts, and I wish you nothing but the very best in your fight for survival.

I know a Plymouth too, thinks nothing of a seven hour round trip for a home game.....top bloke and top fans

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
As others have pointed out, we currently have a five point gap, with three games in hand on Huddersfield in 2nd, and 6 points and two games on third placed Peterborough.

If points and goals v Plymouth are removed the table would look like this:

withoutplymouth110317.jpg

There is an instance of the FA over turning the removal of points, insisting instead on 3 points being awarded for unplayed games. If that happens again, the table would look like this:

plymouth320110317.jpg

So the winners will be SCC if we do lose the points, but the league is still ours to lose

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Where there is money being offered they wont get liquidated I fully expect a deal tomorrow at some stage.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So the winners will be SCC if we do lose the points, but the league is still ours to lose

They'd be four points behind us, but we'd have a game in hand, which could take the difference back up to 7, so still not, in my opinion, a disaster for us.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I can believe comments about the damage done to local businesses, but that particularly applies if you are talking about the cynical behaviour of Leeds.

But to mention the tax payer when so many rich people avoid paying what should ethically be taxed (e.g.I'm talking about inheritance tax which in reality doesnt affect rich people). I think the whole duty of the government who receive taxes is to ensure that football teams in outposts like Plymouth exist, so am a bit p*ssed with their eagerness to wind PAFC up.

To talk about the league table, if the situation is this black, is in appalling taste.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can I understand this statement.
Are you saying for our sake that you are hoping Sheff Wed go to the wall to even up the points situation. Am I reading your post correctly?

It was a flippant post as like SCC who lost to Plymouth and would benefit by them going into liquidation so would we as regards Sheff Wed. Plus I dont like Wednesday, Mandaric or Megson so their demise would not affect me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here