Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

plymouth latest

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
To me it seems unlikely as they have a big supporter base (one of the best away support I've seen, especially in London),
they certainly don't seem like a Maidstone or Wimbledon.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It was a flippant post as like SCC who lost to Plymouth and would benefit by them going into liquidation so would we as regards Sheff Wed. Plus I dont like Wednesday, Mandaric or Megson so their demise would not affect me.

And what about their fans, would you wish that on them?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can believe comments about the damage done to local businesses, but that particularly applies if you are talking about the cynical behaviour of Leeds.

But to mention the tax payer when so many rich people avoid paying what should ethically be taxed (e.g.I'm talking about inheritance tax which in reality doesnt affect rich people). I think the whole duty of the government who receive taxes is to ensure that football teams in outposts like Plymouth exist, so am a bit p*ssed with their eagerness to wind PAFC up.

To talk about the league table, if the situation is this black, is in appalling taste.

Avoidance is different (legally - perhaps not morally) than evasion and dress it up as you like, that is what it is when it comes to football clubs baulking at the amount of tax they need to pay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reading between the lines , it looks like the preferred bidder doesn't want to commit any funds until the start of the new tax year. Saturday's game v Rochdale will bring in a little bit of cash which may tide them over. As we are playing away oop north it might be an idea for Albion fans in Devon & Cornwall to visit Home Park if they are not making the long trek up to Lancashire. Is it too late for a mini Fans United love in ? (Bournemouth are away at Carlisle , Swindon are away at Huddersfield , Bristol Rovers are away at Notts County , Torquay are away at Macclesfield and Cheltenham are away at Bury)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reading between the lines , it looks like the preferred bidder doesn't want to commit any funds until the start of the new tax year. Saturday's game v Rochdale will bring in a little bit of cash which may tide them over. As we are playing away oop north it might be an idea for Albion fans in Devon & Cornwall to visit Home Park if they are not making the long trek up to Lancashire. Is it too late for a mini Fans United love in ? (Bournemouth are away at Carlisle , Swindon are away at Huddersfield , Bristol Rovers are away at Notts County , Torquay are away at Macclesfield and Cheltenham are away at Bury)
It's a shame no one noticed that a few weeks ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
bit ott with the 100,000s its not Man U - its Devon last time I looked

The population of Plymouth is 250,000 - 15th biggest city. The population of Cornwall - right next door - is 530,000. Therefore, Plymouth is the local league club to 780,000 people. In my book that's 100,000s.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Plymouth Argyle were formed in 1886 - they're 125 years old. For the first 106 years things were more or less fine. Then the Premier League and Champions League came along and f***ed things up for the majority of football clubs.

You can hypothesise all you want about overspending and chasing dreams, but wages have spiralled out of control top-down and that is the reason for this situation.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
The population of Plymouth is 250,000 - 15th biggest city. The population of Cornwall - right next door - is 530,000. Therefore, Plymouth is the local league club to 780,000 people. In my book that's 100,000s.

:facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
The population of Plymouth is 250,000 - 15th biggest city. The population of Cornwall - right next door - is 530,000. Therefore, Plymouth is the local league club to 780,000 people. In my book that's 100,000s.[/QUOTE

I hate to spoil the party but cornish and devononians there arnt the best of friends. So only a small minority of cornwall will count. Maybe 5 or 10 people.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
What the f*** does that mean? Do you think all of the Albion's fans live in the city of Brighton & Hove?

Plymouth do not have 100,000's of fans :lolol:

If they did then at least 16,000 of them can get of their arse and sell out that ground week in week out to help the club gain money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't say they had 100,000s of fans, I said their catchment had 100,000s in it and the area was going to lose its league club, which is not ideal.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Forget the lost points for a moment - I'm sure we'll be just fine. Unlike hundreds of thousands of people who are about to lose their local league football team.

You can look at that in more then one way, and I got the impression you meant something else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here