Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please don't give MURRAY any JIP on Saturday

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
By that logic, we need to get rid of every player we have that isn't Prem quality. So, we have a squad of what, 2 players?

Thats about right but it may be 2 too many. I am not sure any of our present squad would be good enough for the Premiership. Gus knows this, he knows we need 7 players before next season to be able to compete and I mean mid table/play offs not just survive as that will be his and Bloom's target next season. The gulf between league one and the championship is immense. This squad would be in a relegation battle.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Thats about right but it may be 2 too many. I am not sure any of our present squad would be good enough for the Premiership. Gus knows this, he knows we need 7 players before next season to be able to compete and I mean mid table/play offs not just survive as that will be his and Bloom's target next season. The gulf between league one and the championship is immense. This squad would be in a relegation battle.

Absolute nonsense. Brighton blew away two fairly strong Championship sides this season and Championship high-fliers such as Forest and Norwich have been sniffing around our team for ages trying to tempt our players. Our ex-captain, Crofts, is more than holding his own in high-flying Norwich.

Last season's League One sides are doing pretty well too with 2 of the 3 in play-off contention. They didn't make wholesale changes from the promotion winning sides (other than to buy league one players).

I reckon with just the current squad we'd make a decent mid to lower middle championship side.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We need to strengthen as lower mid table will not be on the agenda for Poyet and Bloom. They will be going for the play offs next season. We have no players in the squad that would cut it in the premiership imo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In a word - bollocks.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
We need to strengthen as lower mid table will not be on the agenda for Poyet and Bloom. They will be going for the play offs next season. We have no players in the squad that would cut it in the premiership imo.

That's not what you said though, is it? You said the gulf between Championship and League One is immense. I'm refuting that claim.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
And I hope someone has pointed out that the thread heading word he was reaching for is 'gyp' not 'jip'. I really can't be bothered to wade through seven pages of this nonsense to see if someone has.

I was hoping he meant 'jip' and it was some kind of local Hastings journalistic slang for 'a bag of sweets' or somesuch.

'Gyp' means physical pain or discomfort, and I can't imagine why anyone would even want to bring up the subject of causing harm (or not) to one of our best players.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think the translation is, 'He's not going to Palace'.

jip_02.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think the gulf between League One and the Championship is quite big. But then so is the gulf between us and the rest of the teams in League One! Our team is good enough for mid-table I feel. We do need half a dozen players to be looking at the play-offs. I don't think we have any players of Premier League quality myself, although we do have a couple with that potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here