Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please don't give MURRAY any JIP on Saturday

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
April Fools day was two weeks ago.

Any Albion player going to Palace for next season would just be going for the money. Next year Albon will be promoted to The Premiership and Palace will be relagated to Leage One. It would be a choice between glory and forty pieces of silver.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Deserves support..why boo your own player?
He hasnt personay said he wants to go, some people need to get their head out of skysports and newspapers and be FANS

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Perhaps it all bartering over wages. I don't blame him wanting top money in his last big contract. The guy is a class footballer. Over the last 2 years, he is the stand-out best footballer. The best £300k Dick Knight or any BHAFC Chairman ever spent.

With the Falmer money, our momentum, Gus Poyet, and the amazing new stadium,
why would he want to end up in that run down club & derelict stadium in a scummy part of Croydon, fighting relegation every year?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
For too much fishing going on on this thread. We are an intelligent club with an intelligent board and manager and fans to go with it. No one is going to be be banning Murray on Saturday over this non-story.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Just under a year ago Caldo was off to Scumhampton and it never happened it is all part of the contract talk.

But Murry is out of contract he has done a good job for us this year but of all the strikers available at the end of the season would he be your first choice?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can't believe this thread is still going. Murray has already said on Twitter that he isn't going to Palace.

That would be the fake Murray Twitter account by the way :facepalm:

And I hope someone has pointed out that the thread heading word he was reaching for is 'gyp' not 'jip'. I really can't be bothered to wade through seven pages of this nonsense to see if someone has.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems to me that saturday is a great opportunity for the Albion's travelling fans to show Murray how much we want him to stay.

We should be cheering him and Bennett (and Bridcutt and Dicker) to the rafters.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Seems to me that saturday is a great opportunity for the Albion's travelling fans to show Murray how much we want him to stay.

We should be cheering him and Bennett (and Bridcutt and Dicker) to the rafters.

We should be cheering the team to the rafters! But anyone thinking of not signing won't be swayed by a fans love in if there is a couple of grand a week extra on someone elses table. :(

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That would be the fake Murray Twitter account by the way :facepalm:

And I hope someone has pointed out that the thread heading word he was reaching for is 'gyp' not 'jip'. I really can't be bothered to wade through seven pages of this nonsense to see if someone has.

And why do you assume it is fake. Is it just because the comments should have put paid to a dumb thread.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And why do you assume it is fake. Is it just because the comments should have put paid to a dumb thread.

Because Lewis Dunk & James Tunnicliffe, who you know, actually know Glenn, have said so. Same as Lua Lua one

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Because would you really expect the media shy Glenn Murray to be spouting all sorts off on Twitter. All the real players on Twitter, have said it's fake too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Murray is ok but I will not be that bothered if he goes. He may or may not cut it in the championship. I am certain he will never be a premiership player and that is our goal so better to weed out players like Murray who are not in for the long haul, early doors. Thanks for the goals Glenn, see you later.

He is nowhere near and never will be as good as Zamora.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Murray is ok but I will not be that bothered if he goes. He may or may not cut it in the championship. I am certain he will never be a premiership player and that is our goal so better to weed out players like Murray who are not in for the long haul, early doors. Thanks for the goals Glenn, see you later.

He is nowhere near and never will be as good as Zamora.
Not far off how I feel, but would rather we kept him. Is he really any worse than, say, DJ Campbell?

In the end, I trust Gus on this one. He'll know how much the player is worth relative to how much he's asking for, but it would make things a lot simpler if he wasn't having to shop for a replacement striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am certain he will never be a premiership player and that is our goal so better to weed out players like Murray.

By that logic, we need to get rid of every player we have that isn't Prem quality. So, we have a squad of what, 2 players?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
But, considering he has not actually done anything wrong, why should he had to?

If he signs for Palace than I will be dishing it out as much as anyone. So far though, all that has happened is another club has shown an interest in him.

Has anyone asked Murray himself what the hell is going on? After all it's HIS life. I can't imagine he wants to play out the rest of the albion season under a cloud. Would you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone asked Murray himself what the hell is going on? After all it's HIS life. I can't imagine he wants to play out the rest of the albion season under a cloud. Would you?

Problem is he must be in the middle of contract negotiations so can't comment, can he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here