Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Orient

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent result, but seemed like we didn't move out of third gear.

Ankergren 6. Not a lot to do, but one dodgy punch.

Taricco 7. Did well. A lot better than the last time I saw him.

El-Abd 8. Great game again.

Greer 8. Ditto.

Painter 7. Good game, but couple of wasted attacking opportunities.

Bennett 7. Played well, but not outstanding.

Dicker 8. Was everywhere running the midfield.

Bridcutt 6. Quiet game. Not nearly as influential as the last game. Marked down by one for stupidly being caught in possession near the end resulting in Orient missing an open goal.

Sparrow 7. Didn't really notice him.

Wood 7. Did OK. Lack of ball control on a couple of occasions.

Murray 9. A really excellent game. Deserved 9 even without the goals!

Subs:
Barnes 7. Did reasonably well. Good goal.

Kish 8. The guy is class!

Holroyd 6. OK. No opportunity to see whether he has improved since his loan spell.

Really did notice the loss of Murray's ability in the air when he went off. Neither Barnes or Holroyd won anything in the air. Glenn was winning everything.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ankergren 5 Not really his fault but nothing to really do

Taricco 6 Not really up to league standard however neither was the opposition

El-Abd 9 Gets better by the game

Greer 7 Tidy no nonsense defending

Painter 6 Nearly got caught out a couple of times

Bennett 6 Only average but has set the bar very high

Dicker 8 Miles better than against Charlton, bossed the midfield

Bridcutt 7 Seems to be on the upward curve

Sparrow 6 Did very little not that is mattered

Wood 6 Needs to go, ineffective most of the time

Murray 10 Faultless and bagged 3

Subs:

Barnes 7 OK and scored

Kish 7 Not much to do

Holroyd 0 Like a broken pencil, pointless

Attila -10 For promoting his own rubbish and playing that stupid track at the end

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ineffective? Wood was excellent today. He had their defence worried. He was brilliantly placed for a cross when Bennett went himself and hit the post. There were plenty of little touches that didn't quite come off, but would have done on another day. Wood and Murray worked very well together.

I can't quite believe I have read that Bridcutt had a 'quiet game' today. He was involved in most of our moves and kept us ticking over. He was only trumped by Murray today, in my humble opinion.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why do some people focus on one misplaced pass while missing everything else that was good for the rest of the game? Bridcutt was my MOM

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry guys he just does not do it for me, however maybe things will change and he will improve

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Ankergren 6. Not a lot to do, still doesnt convince me on crosses yet cleans sheets keep coming

Taricco 7. did the job ....oozed class....shame the legs started to go.......

El-Abd 8. So so strong...100% sollid....

Greer 8. Improved from Wednesday...back to his best.

Painter 7. solid again ....keen to get forward , could haave done better in a couple of opportunities.

Bennett 7. Just an OK game by his standards ...which is still pretty good

Dicker 8. Ran the midfield with Bridcutt , improved from Weds

Bridcutt 8. see above , never stopped running , even at 5-0

Sparrow 7. Ran his socks off down ...but llittle to show for it creatively

Wood 7. Lucky goal, but that aside easily his best game for us. have to remember he is only 18

Murray 9. Sublime ....an extra grand a week at least after that performance

Subs:

Barnes 7. Did OK in the time he had.

Kish 7. as with MT , sp obvious he has played at much higher level.always in right place at tright time

Holroyd 6. couple of times could have been clean through if first touch hadnt let him down. I have never wanted someone to score so badly before ...ever!

GUS 10 good decision to play same team as Wednesday and not sod about resting players .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oh and the Ref deserves a 10 just for one comment aimed towards Tarrico when he was being abit slow. 'Your are not that old' even Gus had a little giggle.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wankergren 7 - Quality with the ball at his feet and always provided the option. Dodgy with one cross in the second half, but it didn't matter.
Taricco 7 - Solid defensively, showed real tactical nous and got forward well, very clever performance.
El-Abd 9 - Mobile, strong, determined, and his Cryuff turn had Cox crying with embarrassment, brilliant performance from the best out and out defender at the club.
Greer 8 - So calm on the ball, it's daft. Won everything in the air, did everything right on the floor apart from one dodgy moment in the second half.
Painter 7 - Solid and dependable, got the job done and provided an outlet in attack.
Bennett 7 - Got on the ball a lot and made a lot happen. His double cross into the box at the end of the first half showed his sheer technical class, great player!
Bridcutt 9 - Combative, competitive, and good with the ball at his feet. Sublime performance from start to finish and a really important signing.
Dicker 8 - Would have been a 9 had he smashed home his chance in the first half, really gifted in posession and his passing was superb.
Sparrow 7 - If he'd scored in the second half, the great man would have deserved it. What a player, technically the best on the pitch in my humble opinion!
Wood 7 - Don't think much of him, but his movement in the first half was very good and he scored a stunning goal. Nothing special I don't think.
Murray 10 - What a player. Won everything in the air, scored 3 and had another saved early in the second half. Should have shot in the first half rather than squaring for Wood to narrowly miss out on scoring, but that just shows how much of a team player he is. Quality runs through the man, and brilliant tactical ploy by Poyet to have him "warm down" in front of the fans to give him a clap. Genius management.

Subs;
Barnes 7 - Fantastic to see him score, we need all our strikers on form!
Holroyd 6 - Just won't happen for him, I wish he could have partnered Murray instead of Barnes.
Kishishev 8 - Great performance from right back, oozed experience and class and must play on monday for me.

Russell Slade at the start :bowdown:

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
Sorry guys he just does not do it for me, however maybe things will change and he will improve

You referring to Bridcutt?? Think he had a fine game both today and against Charlton. Very good in the challenge and kept the ball moving nicely.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

With all due respect you can't be a very good judge of a player then. Bar that one misplaced pass, Bridcutt was immense today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Casper - 7 - Distribution very good.
Tanno - 7 - Did a job.
Marcus - 8 - Always available, defensively sound.
Greer - 8 - Commanding influence
El-Abd - 8 - Consistent, passing very good. Fantastic pass to Wood for the 2nd goal.
Bridcutt - 9 - Kept the shape of the team well good passing.
Sparrow - 8 - Great energy levels, provided an extra option when atacking.
Dicker - 8 - Normal service resumed after Charlton
Elliott - 8 - Just a brilliant player
Murray - 10 - Brilliant finishing, could've had another in the first half.
Wood - 7 - Ok, but doesn't make the best use of his physique and was barged off the ball too easily at times in the first half.

Barnes - 7 - Buzzed about
Kish - 7 - If Tanno does struggle, Kish can do a job.
Holroyd - 6 - Was desperate for him to score, but again was slightly disappointing, poor first touch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really wonder if people have personal agendas sometimes.

Ankergren had little to do, but was more assured with his handling than on wednesday, and only had one scare, for me, but that was snuffed out by a brilliant el abd block.

I think Bennett, Bridcutt, and Wood all challenged Murray for man of the match. Wood put the first on a plate for murray, scored the second which for me killed off orient, then played a fantastic ball to bridcutt to put the third on a plate for murray. Bennett was a constant threat down the right, and never stopped working, and Bridcutt pretty much ran midfield, with Dicker, who probably also could stake a claim for MOM.

As a game of football we didn't seem to come out of second gear, and orient didn't offer too much. But the goals made up for it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Okay, it was only a cameo, but Kish was out of this world. I'm not sure if I have ever seen such an accomplished performance on the ball at this level.

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
Ineffective? Wood was excellent today. He had their defence worried. He was brilliantly placed for a cross when Bennett went himself and hit the post. There were plenty of little touches that didn't quite come off, but would have done on another day. Wood and Murray worked very well together.

I can't quite believe I have read that Bridcutt had a 'quiet game' today. He was involved in most of our moves and kept us ticking over. He was only trumped by Murray today, in my humble opinion.

This.

Amex_Charlie

Dec 17, 2010
Brighton
Ankergren 5- Doesn't do it for me. lack of comunication, bring back brez
Tanno 7- Did the Job. Quite Sollid
El-abd 9- Did'nt Put a foot Wrong The Whole Match. What a Player
Greer 8- Another Solid Performance. Phew Missed Placed Passes But Did Not Cost Us.
Painter 7- Solid Defensivly. Was Okay Going Forward
Bridcutt 9- Put An amazing Shift in today. All Round Good Performace
Sparrow 8- Good Performance. Not Very Noticable though
Dicker 7- Ok Game. Missplaced A Phew Passes.
Bennet 8- Always great. Good delivery And Dribbling.
Wood 8- Solid Performance. Dont Get Why People are Saying Get Him Out
Murray 10- Different Class Today. Hope It Stays Like That.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here