Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Orient

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now I havn't looked on any other threads but is it true that Dicker is suspended for Exeter?

According to Radio Sussex the other day they said the 1 game ban after 5 yellow cards was scrapped on 31st Dec but 2 game ban for 10 was still in operation. They said that we had Barnes and Dicker and also Noone on 4 so we wouild gain by this.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ankergren - 6 - Didn't have a shot on target to save. One dodgy punch, but everything else was fine (distribution great as ever).

Tano - 7 - Quiet first half without doing anything wrong, came into it more 2nd half, looked accomplished as you'd expect.
El-Abd - 8 - Just an absolute rock these days, such perfectly controlled aggression - rarely seems to commit fouls anymore, testament to how much he's developed his tackling and positioning.
Greer - 8 - Such composure on the ball, brilliant defensively, great 'know how' in literally every department. McGleish seemed to give up after 30 minutes as he was getting no change from him whatsoever.
Painter - 7.5 - Solid, should have fun linking up with Noone in the future.

Bennett - 7.5 - Such a team player, so mature in his play, whenever we whip out the total football, he's always at the centre of it.
Bridcutt - 8 - As with Bennett, he's so accomplished for a player of his age.. does a bit of everything. Becoming a very important player for us.
Dicker - 7 - He is erratic at times, as well know, but there are very few players in this division who can weight passes and spot runs like Dicker. A couple of cracking through-balls in the first half.
Sparrow - 6.5 - Quietly effective, covers a lot of ground. Clearly very good on the ball, but hasn't seen enough of it in recent matches.

Wood - 7 - Has slowly improved game by game and is now making telling contributions, still has a fair amount to learn, but I'm willing to trust Gus should he extend the loan. Provides another striking option and is starting to link up well with Murray.
Murray - 8.5 - Classy and confident, on a brilliant run at the moment and I hope it never ends. 20 goals? He's on track as it stands.

Kish - 8 - It was as though someone had picked up a Premier League player and dropped them on the Withdean right-flank! Alright Orient offered very little, but he strolled up and down for 30 minutes and was practically untouchable in everything he did!
Barnes - 6
Holroyd - 6

This, except Murray was a nine for me and I don't want to see more of Wood.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ankergren 7 Virtually nothing to do, so difficult to keep concentration
Tarrico 7 Showed exactly why he has had such a top rate career.
Greer 7 Very accomplished performance controls the back line very well
El Abd 9 Another great performance from the player of the season so far.
Painter 7 Did everything we know he can do and did it well.
Bennett 8 He is the main support for our atacks and once again didnt fail.
Bridcutt 8 Completely bossed the midfield
Sparrow 8 100% running and working allowing other midfielders the freedom to play.
Dicker 8 Helped keep the engine room of the team firing on all cylinders much better than he was against Charlton.
Wood 7 Linked up well with Murray and gave him the room for his goals.
Murray 9.5 Won everything in the air and most on the ground was a thorn in their side from the start and reaped the rewards.

Subs;
Barnes 7 Did not link up with Murray as well as Wood but still scored
Holroyd 6 Better than previous games but still not the answer
Kishishev 7 Slotted in for Tanno as if that was his natural position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here