Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Bristol City (H)

Tha above is way off the mark.

Brez 8
Calde 7 (for goal). Agreed. A great strike, but opponents again showed he IS the weak link.
Dunk 9
El abd 9
Vince 7
Bridders 8 Agreed. To get higher, will need to learn to see and execute a first time pass in our counter attacks
Nav 6 Agreed
Spaz 9. Classy performance. Knows he' playing well in all facets.
Buckley 9. Even before the goal. Class, and destroyed their wide left twosome.
Hoskins 5
Barnes 5

A 5 for Hoskins on a par with Barnes? I have always thought you get a distorted view from behind the goal but not as bad as that. Hoskins was far superior.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think it is interesting how much I have heard that BC were 'the worst team we have played this season'. It seems a blanket opinion and one offered on the iplayer commentary as well today. Yet they aren't the worst team in the league... presently that's coventry and they beat us recently of course...

my point being that perhaps BC were the poorest at dealing with our style, making them OUR worst team we have played. Do you see where I'm coming from? When I see 'worst team we have played', I feel that the lads and gus are slightly diminished by it. sounds like we really got playing some good stuff today, and remained in control.

in credit to our team, I say that this is a good show of how we are settling as a championship club. our own style is not always that clever across the face of the championship, but we can put some teams to bed, and make them look hopeless whilst we are doing it. this pleases me. of course.. not that BC aren't generally hopeless this season... but the table doesn't say they're the worst and i think i've made my point!

well done on a good win lads

Having gone up to Coventry New Years Eve i can confirm Coventry were very poor and there for the taking.Unfortunately we were as bad with a very depleted team that day.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
brez - 7 didnt have much to do but looks composed and the defence seem happier with him behind them. i really didnt think he would work out but hats off to him
calde - 8 great goal , been off form this season but yesterday back to his best
el abd - 8 brilliant defender
dunk - 7 good game
vincelot - 7 very versatile , great buy
bridcutt - 8 if we lose him i'll be gutted, player of the season for me
jfc - 6 wsnt really on for long
sparrow - 6 i think im the only one who doesnt really notice what he does
buckley - 8 mom for me . great pace for the goal and a calm finish
cms - not on for long
barnes - 6 pretty averae really

hoskins - 7 will only get better imo
navarro - 8 was worried with him coming on but was a very good performance

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Barnes is not being played as a striker, so don't mark him on that you MUPPETS....................

That is brilliant.

Add 2 marks to his scores because he's being played out of position, 2 more because he's a bit out of form at the moment etc etc

Players get marks for their performance in the game. Which muppet are you?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 7

Calderon 8
El Abd 7
Dunk 7
Vincelot 7

Bridcutt 9
Sparrow 8
Forster-Caskey 6

Buckley 8
Barnes 3
CMS 6

Subs:
Navarro 7
Hoskins 7

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Phew. Thank goodness Paynter's gone. Now we can all get back to what NSC does best and slate the shit out of our own players.

Ashley Barnes was a 6/10 yesterday. He had some neat touches and liked up ok and he gave the ball up occadionally and had one awful shot. However, he is not a left winger so I think its extremely harsh to hammer the crap out of a player who is playing out of position, is clearly out of form and confidence and still ends up covering left and right back when they get forward.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Brez 9 - Very solid, didn't even notice any slip ups, except when he booted his kick straight into touch
Calde - 8 Very VERY surprised by his shot :lolol: what a peach, started a bit slow but got there.
Dunky - 8 Great performance
El Abd - 9 Very impressed, no play acting, got on with it
Vincelot - 7 average performance, but happy with it
Barnes - 5 Largely a disappointment, but wouldn't expect better I suppose, a couple of off target shots
Bridders - 9 Completely dominated midfield, killer pass to calde of course
Sparrow - 8 Can't fault him
Fozza - 7 Unfortunate to go off injured, but I can see him being a regular seagull.
Buckley - 10 Brilliant today, utter class. Rounded James and slotted home, MOM
CMS - 7 Again, unlucky to go off injured, right shiner

subs

Hoskins - 8 getting there, just come back, should be quality in the next few games.
Navarro - 8 'Waheyy'd his shot over the bar, my buddy added 'we don't do that to our own players!' well it wasn't too far off, navs, was it?

on the whole I'm happy with the way we worked considering the fact that cms, the workhorse, left early in the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average player ratings v Bristol City (27 votes)

Bridcutt 8.69
Sparrow 8.22
Buckley 8.15
El-Abd 8.06
Calderon 7.69
Dunk 7.65
Brezovan 7.31
Vincelot 7.07
Hoskins 6.87
Navarro 6.83
Barnes 5.41

Mackail-Smith 6.38 (16 votes)