Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Bristol City (H)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think anyone in our team had a particularly bad performance.

Brezovan 7.5 - not a lot to do
Calderon 8 - Brilliant goal
Dunk 7.5
El Abd 7.5
Vincelot 7.5
Bridcutt 8.5 - bossed midfield
Navarro 8 - one of his better games (and I think he's had a fair few good games)
Sparrow 8
Buckley 8 - troubled their defence a lot though the game
Hoskins 7.5 - good performance for first appearance of substance in a while
Barnes 7.5 - not as shit as everyone is saying, got into plenty of space, one wild shot

CMS 7
JFC 7

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Forest? They absolutely played us of the pitch for 93 minutes, felt they were one of the best to come to Falmer personally.

agree , Forest were miles better than Bristol City.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brezovan 7 - did what he had to do well
Calde 8 - back to form, stunning strike
El Abd 8 - very impressive distribution. So much better at centre back
Dunk 7 - great range of passing and didn't give Wood a kick
Vincelot 7 - good game at LB
Bridders 8 - impossible to replace, great game
Sparrow 8 - thought he was superb today
JFC 6 - injured too early to make an impact
Buckley 7 - good game and very cool goal
CMS 6 - well marshalled
Barnes 7 - more for his defensive shift and creative work

Subs

Hoskins 6 - no real chances
Navarro 7 - did better as game went on.

Bristol City were abysmal. Not sure if that was because we played well or they were just awful - or both!!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Brezovan 7 Done everything well
Calderon 8 - great performance. World class goal
Dunk 7.5 Solid as usual
El Abd 8 A rock
Vincelot 7 Dependable as ever
Bridcutt -9 Made mugs of the city midfield
Navarro 8.5 - Best game in an Albion shirt for me
Sparrow 8 Popped up all over the place
Buckley 8 - A right pest all game
Hoskins 7.5 - Didn't look rusty at all..... Apart from his barnet
Barnes 7 Did a job today for a change
CMS 6 no time to really get involved.
JFC 6 as above

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan 7 Done everything well
Calderon 8 - great performance. World class goal
Dunk 7.5 Solid as usual
El Abd 8 A rock
Vincelot 7 Dependable as ever
Bridcutt -9 Made mugs of the city midfield
Navarro 8.5 - Best game in an Albion shirt for me
Sparrow 8 Popped up all over the place
Buckley 8 - A right pest all game
Hoskins 7.5 - Didn't look rusty at all..... Apart from his barnet

CMS 6 no time to really get involved.
JFC 6 as above

Barnes?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bridcutt was in great form today but my MOM was Buckley. Thought he was superb. Just my opinion.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is NSC, there's no such thing as time, we want SCAPEGOATS, win, lose or draw.
Yep. Pathetic isn't it. We won today - beginning to slowly move towards the heights of earlier in the season and some players are working hard to regain their form. No one out there today was 'shite', anything close to it, or any of the other dull, lazy crap chucked at them on a few threads tonight :sick: :albion2:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think it is interesting how much I have heard that BC were 'the worst team we have played this season'. It seems a blanket opinion and one offered on the iplayer commentary as well today. Yet they aren't the worst team in the league... presently that's coventry and they beat us recently of course...

my point being that perhaps BC were the poorest at dealing with our style, making them OUR worst team we have played. Do you see where I'm coming from? When I see 'worst team we have played', I feel that the lads and gus are slightly diminished by it. sounds like we really got playing some good stuff today, and remained in control.

in credit to our team, I say that this is a good show of how we are settling as a championship club. our own style is not always that clever across the face of the championship, but we can put some teams to bed, and make them look hopeless whilst we are doing it. this pleases me. of course.. not that BC aren't generally hopeless this season... but the table doesn't say they're the worst and i think i've made my point!

well done on a good win lads

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brez 7 Cut out one threat and saved the free kick at the death to keep a clean sheet.
Calde 8 superb strike for the goal but also created chances for others
Dunk 7 kept the back line well and eliminated any threat from their strikers
El abd 7 solid and dependable
Vince 6 had a few slips but it's not his position
Bridders 8 had a great game
Nav 6 seemed at a loss sometimes for the next pass but generally tidy the rest of the time
Spadge 8 was pushing the team forward having a good game
Buckers 7 getting more confident and assured with every game.
Hosk 6 lack of match practise but coming back nicely
Barnes 6 left wing isn't his position but his footballing brain and sense of position was wasted today. I hope he will get a chance up front again soon.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
They were more Shite than we were good, dont gt carried away.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It was a great team performance, the passing all round was much quicker and a lot more direct after patient build up play.

I think that Bridcutt plays better when Navarro plays along side him and this gives Sparrow more of a chance to play further up the field which worked really well.

Top performance after and unfortunate start losing two players so early on.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Brezovan 8 - Commanded the box well, dealt with everything without fuss, the defence seem far more confident with Brez behind them.
Calde 8 - Back to his flair of last season, defensively more impressive today and what a goal.
El Abd 8 - Solid at the back today, didnt put a foot wrong. Between him & Dunk, they made £6m rated Nicky Maynard look distinctly average.
Dunk 8 - Same as El-Abd
Vincelot 8 - Provides a real threat moving forward, reads the game well, cut out balls time & time again in the 2nd half to set us up for attacks.
Bridcutt 9.5 - One of his best performances for me today, cut everything out. Seemed to have a personal goal of being the one to take the ball of Wood and achieved it everytime. If I was a premiership scout watching him yesterday, Id be telling the gaffer to get the chequebook out.
Sparrow 9 - Getting better & better this season, great tackling, good passing and with another keeper in place instead of James, that would have been a goal up there with Calde's
JFC 7 - for the time he was on, some lovely passes. He has great vision.
Buckley 9 - What speed, or is it that Brizzle's defence is that slow. Starting to benefit from a good run in the side.
CMS 7 - for the time he was on, was looking lively. Watch out for the thumb next time though.
Barnes 7 - Some nice passes, looks like a man lacking in confidence when he snatched at a good chance second half.

Subs

Hoskins 7.5 Good movement when he came on, held the ball up well and was very lively. Looking forward to seeing how he comes on injury free.
Navarro 8.5 Thought he had a great game today, solid in defence with good attacking prowess also.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I don't think anyone in our team had a particularly bad performance.

Brezovan 7.5 - not a lot to do
Calderon 8 - Brilliant goal
Dunk 7.5
El Abd 7.5
Vincelot 7.5
Bridcutt 8.5 - bossed midfield
Navarro 8 - one of his better games (and I think he's had a fair few good games)
Sparrow 8
Buckley 8 - troubled their defence a lot though the game
Hoskins 7.5 - good performance for first appearance of substance in a while
Barnes 7.5 - not as shit as everyone is saying, got into plenty of space, one wild shot

CMS 7
JFC 7

I think I agree with this assessment

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brez - 6 - Little to do, looks safer than Casper.
Calderon - 7 - Great goal and better defensively than of late
Vincelot - 6 - Wins some great headers, positionally weak at times, but looks a better bet than Painter.
El Abd - 9 - Great performance, fantastic communication
Dunk - 7 - Cultured performance
Sparrow - 7 - Looks happier playing further up
Bridcutt - 8 - Back to his normal high standards
Forster-Caskey - 6 - Not on long enough - did nothing wrong
Barnes - 6 - First touch poor, but good defnisvely again and worked harder for the team than against Wrexham.
Buckley - 8 - Great performance. Movement very good, found space all over the pitch
CMS - 6 - Not on long enough - did nothing wrong

Navarro - 6 - Solid performance.
Hoskins - 7 - Worked hard, greta flick on for 2nd goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here