Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Orient

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kuipers - 8 - would have been higher if his distribution was better
Whing - 6 - Why was he substituted when Virgo had a yellow and a warning from the ref???? (plus Thompson was anonymous)
Elphick 6 - Did okay
Hawkins 7 - Great in the air
Richards 6 - Some good moments
Cox - 6 - I think we looked one dimensional in the first half and Orient doubled up on him at times
Liverrmore 5 - Can we try him in the middle please?
Thompson 3 - What does he do? Doesn't show for the ball. Seems to just amble up and down the pitch in a straight line either ten yards behind play or ten yards ahead. He looks like one of the horses from that game on the pier that just go backwards and forwards on a groove. I was really excited when we signed him. Such a disappointment.
Virgo 5 - Had some really good moments, but not a central midfielder, especially with Thompson playing like that.
Murray - 6 - But, you can't blame him when offered so little service
Forster - Ditto

McLeod - 6 - Our best outfield player for twenty minutes, then tired.
Robinson - 4 - Dire. To be fair to him he did get into space, but he then failed to take anyone on or get a cross in. Lack of tracking back was abysmal and could have cost us.

Adams - 5 - First half tactics were shocking. If people thought Wilkins side played poor football they must be livid now. Fair play for changing it when needed but Virgo should have come off when Loft came on. Talk about favouritism! Why didn't Livermore get the second half in central midfield? Talked a good game afterwards.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Kuipers 8. Second half 10 for his outstanding saves; first half 6 for really crap distribution.

Whing 7. Has played better, but not as bad as some people on here seem to think.

Elphick 6. Not one of his best games. Needs to learn to pass.

Hawkins 8. Immense.

Richards 7. Good second half, but appalling first.

Cox 2. He's crap this season and shouldn't be starting.

Virgo 5. Least effective game this season.

Thomson 5. I keep thinking there must be more to his game than I am seeing, but now I'm beginning to believe that he's not the man for the central midfield job.

Livermore 4. Poor. Would he be better in central midfield?

Forster 5. A couple of good runs and crosses, but not one of his best displays.

Murray 7. Some nice touches, but needs more support.

Subs:
Robinson 5. Better than Cox, but did not make the most of the opportunities he had.
McLeod 7. Some great touches, good crosses and one excellent shot. Livened up the game as soon as he came on, but seemed to tire.
Loft. Not on long enough to rate.

Don't know what Micky will do on Tuesday, but definitely needs to make changes for next Sat.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers-8
Whing---6
Elphick--7
Hawkins-6
Richards-7
Cox-------5
Virgo------5
Thomson-5
Livermore-5
Murray----6
Forster----7

Jake-----7
McLeod-6
Loft------5

Ref-----5
Crowd-4

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Kuipers 6.5 Couple of good saves, distribution poor.

Whing 6.5. Solid defending, not so good coming forward, saved Elphicks bacon more than once

Elphick 5.5 Not great today, couldn't cope with their centre forwards.

Hawkins 5.5 Very poor first twenty five minutes, but recovered especially in the second half.

Richards 7. Good solid performance.

Cox 5. Didn't contribute, no surprise he was subbed

Virgo 5.5 Not great and a clumsy booking.

Thomson 7.Nice tidy job in the centre of the park.

Livermore 4.5 Anonymous. I was really pleased when we signed him but haven't been impressed with his performances to date

Forster 6. Not a day for the forwards, distinct lack of supply

Murray 6 See Forster.

Subs:
Robinson 5.5 Better than Cox, but didn't really hurt Orient
MaCleod 6.5. Added some much need spark at the start of the second half, but tired quickly.
Loft. 5.5 Ran around a bit

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Kuipers - 8 agree his kicking was poor, but we really should be giving more options. Would you trust us to play it out from the back currently?

Whing - 7; couple of good interceptions in the first half, but seemed to tire in the second.

Elphick - 6; not a good game by his standards. And if we complain about Kuipers distribution, what about his

Hawkins - 7; solid

Richards - 8; deservedly MoM; some decisive interventions in the second half.

Cox - 4; dreadful; went back to beat his man again almost every time.

Virgo - 5; sorry, just not a central midfielder (or midfielder full stop, come to that)

Thomson - 6; ok, but doesn't stamp his authority on the game enough.

Livermore - 5; what is his best position.

Forster - 7.5; what little class we had today came from him. Heaven help us if he gets injured.

Murray - 6. Not really a player for when you need to battle, is he.

Subs
Robinson - 7; at least he ran at their defence.

McLeod - 7. A couple of moments of genius, but didn't get the service.

Loft - not on for long enough.

Adams - 5; hasn't figured out a way for us to play at home as yet as far as I can see. And, disappointingly for an Adams side, they seem to need a half-time team talk to get them going.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Subs
Robinson - 7; at least he ran at their defence.

Loft -not on for long enough.

Adams - 5; hasn't figured out a way for us to play at home as yet as far as I can see. And, disappointingly for an Adams side, they seem to need a half-time team talk to get them going.

Are you serious Robinson was hardly better than Cox if he was.

Loft was on the pitch so that was TOO long.

Adams is a long ball merchant and we do not have the players and muscle up front to play that way, and to get promotion this season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If 6 = average.

Kuipers 7.5 - some really crucial saves but poor distribution.

Whing 6 - a little less inclined to hoof ball now, but not at his best today.

Elphick 5 - hoof ball and lacking the concentration and solidity he usually displays.

Hawkins 5.5 - like most of our defence today, stood off them far too much.

Richards 7.5 - by far our best defender today, always looks confident on the ball and had to cover for the rest more than once.

Cox 4 - tried to beat the same player twice and a lot of his deliveries never got over the heads of the first man. Rightly subbed at half time.

Virgo 4.5 - virtually anonymous. Should of gone off instead of Whing.

Thomson 5.5 - no better than average in a very lightweight midfield.

Livermore 4 - Never even noticed him and glad to see him go at half time.

Forster 6 - worked hard again but not much beyond that today. No service though.

Murray 5.5 - No service for him at all either.

Subs :

McLeod 6.5 - looked a real threat straight after the break and opened them up more than anyone else. Tired early though.

Robinson 6 - Not a bad effort. Gave us some much needed width and still poses a threat when running at defenders, but gets knocked off ball too easily at times.

Loft - not really enough time to comment.

Ref - 7 - let the game flow more than a lot of them do, and well done for authorising a proper drinks break in that heat.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Just looking through the thread, and I notice a few people have been less than favourable towards our Jakey.

Sure, he lost the ball on occasion and he is not good at tracking back and defending. Blah Blah Blah...

But how many times did we see a winger actually really "get at" their defence before he came on?? How many times did he burst into the box and worry defenders with pace and a direct approach? How many more chances did we create with him on the right in the second half? Sure, he may have lacked the end product today. But there was no end product from ANYONE today.

People on here seem very quick to knock Jake for his first mistake, or whenever he loses the ball. These are the very same people who probably believed the hype a few years ago about him being the next Michael Owen!?

Well he aint Michael Owen! But we played better with him on the pitch today and that's what counts for me.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
kuipers 8
richards 8

we were at HOME to bloody ORIENT

and these were my MOM. wrong really innit?
still.........2 points a game will see us up ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just looking through the thread, and I notice a few people have been less than favourable towards our Jakey.

Sure, he lost the ball on occasion and he is not good at tracking back and defending. Blah Blah Blah...

But how many times did we see a winger actually really "get at" their defence before he came on?? How many times did he burst into the box and worry defenders with pace and a direct approach? How many more chances did we create with him on the right in the second half? Sure, he may have lacked the end product today. But there was no end product from ANYONE today.

People on here seem very quick to knock Jake for his first mistake, or whenever he loses the ball. These are the very same people who probably believed the hype a few years ago about him being the next Michael Owen!?

Well he aint Michael Owen! But we played better with him on the pitch today and that's what counts for me.

Very well said. Robinson and McLoed were the only two players who offered anything positive (in an attacking sense) yesterday. He actually ran at people which they hated, and seems the only player in our squad with any real pace.

The people marking loft right down are just pandering to their pre-existing predjudices too. The guy was on for 5 minutes, for heavens sake, during which time he played one fantasic reverse pass that should, via Robinson, have set up the winner for McLoed. He did all he could have done in the very short time he had, and you get idiots on here putting 'Loft 3'

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not a bad effort. Gave us some much needed width and still poses a threat when running at defenders, but gets knocked off ball too easily at times.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Kuipers - Great shot stopping but kicked every goal kick long down the middle. MA, work something out please.

Whing - Played well. Not sure what people who marked him down are missing. Tidy, good positioning, midfield rarely showed for him today so won't knock his passing.

Elphick - OK

Hawkins - Strong

Richards - Superb in the second half - shows where he should be playing.

Cox - not sure how much longer MA will give him. In the worst form of his life.

Virgo - A conundrum. Not in the right position - in which case we just have cover up front or for the CB positions. Not the man for the middle.

Thomson - Looked good at times and then disappeared. Want to like him but haven't seen him boss a game yet which he should do from his position.

Livermore - squad player - Richards at left back and McLeod on the wing leaves no room for him.

Forster - Quiet day, tried but must have been frustrated.

Murray - Didn't see much of the ball - but you still get a buzz when the ball goes near him. Exciting if we can get him some service.

Subs

Robinson - Looked ok to good. A bit more control and we'd be calling him a match winner today. Did what Dean hasn't done on the other wing at any point this season.

McLeod - My first viewing of this fella. Top prospect and when fit will destroy half the sides in this league. Tired quickly though. Shame he didn't score - I was celebrating as it left his boot

Loft - Dunno. Spotted one good pass but wan't on long. Fact he came on makes the point about our squad. For me, start with Richards/McLeod on the left so it would have then been Livermore coming off the bench.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
maybe but made the saves that got us a draw, that is what he is paid to do

:bla::bla::bla:
what a stupid thing to say at least he did DO what he was supposed to do unlike the rest of the the team

he should be praised for earning his wages unlike the rest of them

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
what a stupid thing to say at least he did DO what he was supposed to do unlike the rest of the the team

Whilst I agree that the statement (if intended that way) is ridiculous, but I think he was defending Kuipers. Somebody earlier said his distribution was terrible and isn't that part of goal-keeping in which Rookie replied he's paid to save goals and that's what got us the draw.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Regarding Whing, I agree with BensGranded. He is always targetted by the opposition. Crewe, Southend and Orient all placed their best players on the left wing despite them all being right footed. Yesterday he continuosly backed off Demitriou, when he got subbed it was not a suprise, he was really struggling fitness wise. And on the ball he is far from effective, he takes too long to pick his passes. When Virgo went there for the last 5-10 minutes he got the ball down and played a few good, quick passes, infact, he probabaly spent more time on the ball at right back than he did in central midfield for the whole game :lol: - which is why he shouldnt be in midfield, however, I would have him at right back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Regarding Whing, I agree with BensGranded. He is always targetted by the opposition. Crewe, Southend and Orient all placed their best players on the left wing despite them all being right footed. Yesterday he continuosly backed off Demitriou, when he got subbed it was not a suprise, he was really struggling fitness wise. And on the ball he is far from effective, he takes too long to pick his passes. When Virgo went there for the last 5-10 minutes he got the ball down and played a few good, quick passes, infact, he probabaly spent more time on the ball at right back than he did in central midfield for the whole game :lol: - which is why he shouldnt be in midfield, however, I would have him at right back.

The voice of wisdom:D

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

if you would care to actually look at what it was written in reaction to think you will feel a bit stupid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kuipers 8

Whing 7
Elphick 6
Hawkins 7
Richards 6

Cox 2
Virgo 5
Thomson 1
Livermore 0