Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Barcelona

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
You are right, it is a disgrace to the good name of United's superstars. They'd walk into our team.

I'm still drooling about Tevez performance. And that goal. Cor

:bowdown:

Quick Question, WW. Was It You That Started A Thread A Few Months Ago Moaning About A Picture Of A Man Utd Player On The Seagulls Website?

A Really Good Moan Too About Why The f*** Man U Should Be On A Brighton Website.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Two very different situations though. This season I have seen 0 Manchester United games, but over 40 Albion games. Surely that says something about where my priorities lie? In my mind, the two clubs will never compete, so I can have a liking of United over the rest of the Premiership and Europe. If we played United, I'd be supporting Albion all the way.

Fair enough, of course you can like United, but when you said you were more proud tonight than you have been for a long long time it is possible to conclude that you don't get the same pleasure or pride watching the Albion, n'est pas?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Every Brighton game is much more important than any game that Man Scum take part in, unless it is against us of course.

No - the Brighton games are much more important TO ME (and presumably you). In terms of football fixtures though, we've not really won any of real importance for a few years now, certainly nothing that compares to a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL.

Therefore, there's been little to 'celebrate'. But you'll notice, despite my positive postings on NSC after wins, they go ignored by people who prefer to play the 'moaning card'. Yawn.

_44612776_united_celebrate270.jpg

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
The roads coming back to sussex from the north west will be chocker tonight!!!!

and then there is that moany whiney Terry Christian on Talk Shite - he never stops

God i hate Man U

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Quick Question, WW. Was It You That Started A Thread A Few Months Ago Moaning About A Picture Of A Man Utd Player On The Seagulls Website?

A Really Good Moan Too About Why The f*** Man U Should Be On A Brighton Website.

Seagulls website - purpose, to inform about Albion NEWS.

NSC - purpose, to discuss anything from Albion, to cricket, to classy ladies, to what's on your itunes, to how bigger a tit Downloaded Penguin is, to Man United and many many more things as well.

:thumbsup:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Seagulls website - purpose, to inform about Albion NEWS.

NSC - purpose, to discuss anything from Albion, to cricket, to classy ladies, to what's on your itunes, to how bigger a tit Downloaded Penguin is, to Man United and many many more things as well.

:thumbsup:

Witless Windbag - Purpose, Who Knows? Hypocrisy And Ennui Guaranteed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Isn't that the beauty of lower league football though? The fact that it is on a far smaller scale, but just as enjoyable and important? Just a thought, like

It IS as enjoyable and it IS as important. It's also personal to the likes of us.

But you cannot tell me that our 3-0 win against Crewe (which i enjoyed immensely) was in a game as important as a Champions League semi final.

And on an unrelated note. F*ck me. Messi. WHAT a player. Fergie, sign him up! :bowdown:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No - the Brighton games are much more important TO ME (and presumably you). In terms of football fixtures though, we've not really won any of real importance for a few years now, certainly nothing that compares to a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL.

Therefore, there's been little to 'celebrate'. But you'll notice, despite my positive postings on NSC after wins, they go ignored by people who prefer to play the 'moaning card'. Yawn.

Why is a Champions League semi final victory such an achievement for the club that has been ranked either the richest or second richest in the world for the last 15 years? Given this fact, surely United should have reached the final far more times?

United record in the CL is very very poor given the resources at their disposal, part of this reason is that Ferguson is not a good tactical coach, and therefore tends to be outfoxed by more intelligent managers, despite having in theory better players at his disposal (based on the United wage bill and player expenditure).

The above quote comes from Red Issue, it is the best read you can have about football. I hate United, but get it every time it is published. If it was the voice of the majority of United fans rather than a pissed off minority of proper lads, then I would still be watching them every week.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
It IS as enjoyable and it IS as important. It's also personal to the likes of us.

But you cannot tell me that our 3-0 win against Crewe (which i enjoyed immensely) was in a game as important as a Champions League semi final.

And on an unrelated note. F*ck me. Messi. WHAT a player. Fergie, sign him up! :bowdown:

A champions league semi - means nothing to a Brighton fan - why would it???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well watching albion is the only way football MEANS anything to me. They're the only team I can actually be genuinely angry with after a defeat, or feel a sense of being part of any success. I am proud of United, as they're my "second team" and they did it on behalf of England, but they're a DISTANT second to albion. Therefore, when the albion play well and are truly successful (which to be fair hasn't really happened for a few years now) I am more proud of them. I am a million times more emotionally involved with Albion, and in terms of "pleasure" they're the only team I can enjoy watching live, but I wouldn't say they make me PROUD regularly. Tonight, albeit on a far smaller scale, did make me proud.

Fair enough, no grumbles with that. Not sure I think they did it on behalf of England, given their ownership and fan base etc, but see where you are coming from. My second team is City, so I hope you appreciate why I loathe United. After all, if Palace were in the CL final, how would you feel then?

Life's a bitch.

and so are you

Attachments

• bitch.jpg
    bitch.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 75

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
You Know In The Same Way That People Imagine Lord B And Roz Sitting In Different Rooms In The Same House And Posting On The Board

Does Anyone Else Picture CB And WW Sitting In Bunk Beds, Man U Pyjamas On, Busy Typing Into Their Laptops And Sniggering?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

_44612776_united_celebrate270.jpg

Cant comment about your postings mate as I haven't seen them.

Champions League semi final is a non event for me as Brighton are not in it. It's not anywhere near as important as say the Port Vale home game a few weeks back or even the Bristol Rovers game last week. The only reason I'm gutted that the scum won is that we won't here the end of it for about 30 years!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here