Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings v Barcelona

You Know In The Same Way That People Imagine Lord B And Roz Sitting In Different Rooms In The Same House And Posting On The Board

Does Anyone Else Picture CB And WW Sitting In Bunk Beds, Man U Pyjamas On, Busy Typing Into Their Laptops And Sniggering?

:laugh:

They've probably got ManUre tissues too.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
van der Sar - 7

Hargreaves - 7
Brown - 9
Ferdinand - 8
Evra - 7

Park - 5
Scholes - 8
Carrick - 7
Ronaldo - 5 - very poor completly outclassed by Messi

Nani - 6
Tevez - 9.5

I have to say that was quite a shit match really, thought Barca played quite well and the only thing they lacked was that crucial final ball

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
:sick:

That badger bloke was a bit over the top with the ratings and descriptions...

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It IS as enjoyable and it IS as important. It's also personal to the likes of us.

But you cannot tell me that our 3-0 win against Crewe (which i enjoyed immensely) was in a game as important as a Champions League semi final.

And on an unrelated note. F*ck me. Messi. WHAT a player. Fergie, sign him up! :bowdown:

On the grand scheme of things, it is obviously not as important. But put it this way: if I had a choice of watching tonight's semi final or Albion on sky against Crewe for example, I would choose to watch the Albion EVERY time. To me, Albion games are more important than Champion's League semi finals. Agreed about Messi, outshone Ronaldo for me tonight.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You've probably got more dedication to another team (ie other than Brighton) than I have then. If you're that into City that you hate United, also throwing in the fact you also live there, then I would imagine you're far more into them than I am United. My liking, and it's just a like rather than support, of United is purely down to the way they play football, and that they were the dominant team of the 1990's as I was just getting into football. My first favourite football team, long before I first went to the Goldstone in 1995, was the one with Cantona, McClair, and Ince in it. I have nothing against any of their rivals. As a supporter of Brighton, as opposed to a keen onlooker, it would pain me to see Palace in any sort of final.

The United hatred also stems from 1983 and Whiteside crippling Ramsey when we were 1-0 up. It didn't help that the replay was the day before my finals at Manchester University, I came down in my Brighton gear (not the wisest decision I have ever made) on the day of the match, and couldn't get a train back to Manchester that night, so caught the postal train and arrived at Piccadilly at 9am, sleepless and revision less, for an exam starting at 9.30.

So I blame them for costing me a 2:1 as well on top of everything else!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
The United hatred also stems from 1983 and Whiteside crippling Ramsey when we were 1-0 up. It didn't help that the replay was the day before my finals at Manchester University, I came down in my Brighton gear (not the wisest decision I have ever made) on the day of the match, and couldn't get a train back to Manchester that night, so caught the postal train and arrived at Piccadilly at 9am, sleepless and revision less, for an exam starting at 9.30.

So I blame them for costing me a 2:1 as well on top of everything else!

Blimey, that is a remarkable story!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Stop being bitter.

Agreed, if only Dick TIGHT had stumped up an extra £33 million he'd have been OURS :angry::angry::angry:

Although he ran about a lot, I wouldn't say he was 'pure class'. Messi made everyone else on that pitch look like schoolboys in comparison, Ronaldo included.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Salute your heroes here. Stand up and applaud the men who tonight took the worlds finest club to within 90 minutes of the pinnacle of sporting achievement. Examine just how GOOD the 11 Red Devils who will go to Moscow to bring the trophy HOME really are. I'll start:

Van der Sar 6 - one or two dodgy moments, but overall not tested.

Hargreaves 8 - magnificent performance from a truly world-class player, even though he was out of position.

Brown 10 - words can't describe what a performance that was:bowdown:

Rio 9 - typical quality performance from England's next captain.

Evra 8 - is there a better left-back in the world right now? He's got it all.

Nani 7 - some great dribbling which is a mouthwatering sign of things to come, but little end product tonight.

Scholes 9 - really rolled back the years with a virtuoso showing.

Carrick 8 - composed when Barca were losing their heads.

Park 8 - I'm not usually a fan, but he was awesome tonight.

Cristiano 9 - as one of the mongs in the commentary box said, not his most flamboyant game, but a crucial team performance all the same:bowdown:

Tevez 8 - really deserved a goal, he ran his socks off tonight.

And there you have it, the 11 gladiators who will bravely fight in Moscow for the greatest prize of all:bowdown:

Are you a complete ManU uber-fan or just a nutjob?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Salute your heroes here. Stand up and applaud the men who tonight took the worlds finest club to within 90 minutes of the pinnacle of sporting achievement. Examine just how GOOD the 11 Red Devils who will go to Moscow to bring the trophy HOME really are. I'll start:

Van der Sar 6 - one or two dodgy moments, but overall not tested.

Hargreaves 8 - magnificent performance from a truly world-class player, even though he was out of position.

Brown 10 - words can't describe what a performance that was:bowdown:

Rio 9 - typical quality performance from England's next captain.

Evra 8 - is there a better left-back in the world right now? He's got it all.

Nani 7 - some great dribbling which is a mouthwatering sign of things to come, but little end product tonight.

Scholes 9 - really rolled back the years with a virtuoso showing.

Carrick 8 - composed when Barca were losing their heads.

Park 8 - I'm not usually a fan, but he was awesome tonight.

Cristiano 9 - as one of the mongs in the commentary box said, not his most flamboyant game, but a crucial team performance all the same:bowdown:

Tevez 8 - really deserved a goal, he ran his socks off tonight.

And there you have it, the 11 gladiators who will bravely fight in Moscow for the greatest prize of all:bowdown:

What a pile of gubbins. f*** off and post that shite on a United forum. Twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here